NATIONAL PROTECTIVE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Very professional company
Armed Security Officer /Part-time (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX9 September 2019
This is a very professional Security Company to work for.It has overtime available if you need it.Most of the officers take pride in their appearance including management team.If you're looking for a good start in the Security industry this is the place to be.Or it's a excellent parttime job to have.And there's plenty of advancement avicchoose this as a full time career
Pros
Overtime, Steady work, excellent posts
Cons
In my opinion none
Love it
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Billings, MT14 August 2019
National Protective Services is an amazing company and it has great things going for it. The need for security is real. Especially for a business owner or even a community. You want to feel same and secure. National Protective Services wants to be that conduit for a more secure community.
Never work for them
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX13 March 2019
This place should be out of business. They will mess you over in every way possible. They will take your pay. They have jobs on indeed that state that they pay 14 per hour but the people that actually work for them and work the same posts only make 11 per hour. Everyone quits from security officers to the receptionist. They come up with reasons as to why you are not paid what you are worth. Quit and they will find a way to take all the money of your last check.
Pros
Cons
evrything is wrong with this company
productive.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA30 November 2018
working with National Protective Services was a very relaxed working experience. i had to get up every 30 minutes, check the perimeter, then went back to my post and was able to get homework done and take care of other responsibilities that dealt with school. it was really easy and laid back.
ok just to work
Security Office (unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Winnetka, CA8 September 2018
this company was always late on pay day and sometimes came up short on payroll and there uniforms wasn't suitable that's why the lost the contract I was working for.
Pros
paid lunch periods
Cons
2 short breaks
Cut throat , condisending , and misleading environmnt .
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX7 October 2017
My experiance was pleasant at first , hence the misleading part , they looked so professional "like policeman" ; however , their mental states and practices were not . Some of the leadership were fickle , not very curtious to the customers , and had an overall disconnect with the clients wishes vs their own years of experiance , having issues with everyones authority but their own . Warning !!! The closer you get to the main office the more treacherous your work experience becomes ..
Pros
Its a job, and they paidyou on time .
Cons
no health care benefits, no raises, condisending leadership with a " everyone is lieing mentality"
It's a job
Central Station Operator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA5 February 2017
Typical day's motto is the best kind of activity is no activity.
If there is something happening at one of our sites it means there's a problem with safety or security.
That's just how it is in the security field.
I learned about the importance of documentation, things that can be considered suspicious, the importance details (license plates, make/model for vehicles, skin color, clothing, etc) when dealing with any incidents, report writing, and how to use programs with camera feed (Luxriot and SmartClient).
Management was never around. I just called on/off duty at the start and end of my shift.
In my company most guards worked alone.
The hardest part of my job wasn't really hard.
It was just the speed of our computer, internet, and the client's internet greatly affects the performance of our camera feed.
Pros
Close to home. Didn't need to exert myself physically.
Cons
No room for promotions. Management is lacking.
Working experience
Assistant Security Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Department of Health & Human Services7 September 2015
NPS is a good company to work with. Management is very helpful and look after its staff. Good corporate sites located in Melbourne CBD.
Great for working at your own pace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA6 March 2015
This position consisted of many different locations and relationships with people. I ultimately learned and obtained the ability to be aware of my surroundings. This was a small family district operation and management mostly had a say in our development and connections to contracting locations. This was very independently based so interaction with other officers was minimal at best. certain locations made this position somewhat challenging yet always acceptable. The ability to work at your own pace and comfort made this job manageable
Pros
Company Vehicle Access
Cons
Locations at short notice
Great Experience.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJ14 October 2014
Great learning experience, I was around a fun team, highly motivated. "Cold-Calls' are not one of my personal specialties, but it was a great experience nonetheless.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Tough Business.
National protective services
security guard (Former Employee) –  silver spring maryland10 April 2012
This company is great managemenet and excellent work place,
I work this company one year and half great benefit and good schedul, i work enjoyable and happy,