National Storage
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

National Storage Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Far too many layers of management, and far too many people in each level getting in each others way. No culture of inclusion in decision making, no effort to build teams or relationships between staff. Plenty of arbitrary decisions made at high levels impacting the frontline performance of stores and store managers adversely.
The team are excellent, management is supportive and available, the role is diverse and presents healthy challenges and learning opportunities, and work/life balance is great.
I have loved the past 2 years working at National Storage. Great people across both our teams and customer base. The roles are dynamic and versatile and no 2 days are ever the same, which keeps it interesting.

I would recommend working at National Storage
Pros
Great team culture and support
Cons
Versatile skill set needed
Low pay for what they expect of you.
Left alone to tackle many tasks and customers.From day 1 I knew I made a mistake working there.Taking home the work phone to answer calls after hours without getting paid for it.

You work at different centres left by yourself after minimal training.

Your a sales person cleaner janitor etc...

There is nothing I liked about National Storage i would think twice before working there.
My 18 months at National Storage have been great. I enjoyed working in a team and in a safe environment. Every day brought something new, I learnt a lot and truly cherish good memories of the clients and my team as well as management.
Has some pretty bad reviews but I’ve found national storage to be a delight to work for. Management is helpful and supportive. They care for employees and will work around you. Everyone I have met is lovely and helpful. The attitude you bring reflects back. Having no previous experience with storage the training provided was key. After hours mobile is no longer a thing. You are on a salary as a center manager so don’t get overtime but your really not staying over much half hour tops
Upper management had no previous experience in storage. Wanted blood out of you and not willkng to pay for it . Low moral as ground level staff not treated well.
Extremely low pay for what is expected of you. If you are not friends with the state management team then you are always on the outer with staff at your center and your rostered day's off. No opportunity for advancement unless you are good at sucking up to management. Have to deal with very abusive customers on a daily basis and most of the time you are working alone and are told not to turn these types of customers away.
National Storage has made its money underpaying staff and continues to do so. Management is a joke, running around talking about all of there partying whilst your stuck answering phones all hours
Company practices illegal practices. If you decide you dont want to work for them. They send you a bill in the mail. Saying that you owe them money. And if you don't pay them. They send it to a debt collector. Absolutely disgusting
Bad pay, bad culture, and an even worse manager with bullying tendencies. You’re merely a number at this company, don’t expect to be treated like a human being at all. If you have one bad day you’re treated like trash regardless of prior performance which creates a uncomfortable and unhealthy environment to be in, but with no one to go to to seek help for this so just don’t bother.
Pros
Nice office on eagle street
Cons
Management and pay
A typical day at work entails running the day to day operations of the centre and keeping management happy.

You are expected to answer the after hours phone at all hours of the night for no extra pay.
Pros
Work mates
Cons
National Storage
They expect you to give your life up and work day and night. They expect you to work in unsafe enviroments and don't give support. Not paid what said.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Long hours, under paid and disrespected by management.
Not a bad company, salary is low compared to what you are suppose to do. You are required to be on call afterhours and weekends without any extra financial incentives.
Pros
Security
Cons
Pay conditions
Overall, I enjoyed my time at NS because of the people i worked with at NS. I learnt great extra skills on the job to add to my suite of knowledge in the business and HR space.
They are so professional to work with. the peoples are always smile and if you have any issue with them, they are trying to solve problems face to face.
The staff on the ground are lovely and the Top guys are great however the middle management doesn't always see the person in front of them but rather just the role the person is doing.
Poor salary, don't get paid penalty rates for working a Saturday or public holidays. Don't get paid overtime. Are expect to perform overtime at the drop of a hat. Forever changing company policies and procedures. You seen just like a number to them not an employee. Salary includes super so after tax you take home $36,000 for a full time. Work 8-5 Monday to Friday. Work a 40 hour week and don't receive an RDO. No employee benefits at all.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Long hours and terrible pay
Was married to the job living on site. Enjoyed the challenges of daily duties
I learnt to deal with face-to-face customers, from a sales perspective. I learnt a lot with arrears calls and overall management.
Co-Workers weren't as supportive and not as much communication involved as there should have been, to make the office environment more productive and efficient.

The hardest part of the job was finding duties to do ! As there was always something to do, there were other people that had already completed the duty. Making the day slow and dragged on a bit.

The most enjoyable part was face-to-face customer experience, where you would build a customer rapport and get to know the customer at a professional level still. It was always nice to see how things were travelling for them if they were regulars.
Pros
Staff discounts, leniant managers, different centres to work in
Cons
Poor hourly rate, minimal training provided, issue's not arrisen with