Natural Factors Employee Reviews

Fired no reason given
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WA13 June 2019
Bad leadership. They fire workers without giving a reason and the person who is doing the firing has someone else do it for them. Cowardly way to fire a worker.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Good company to work for a long time
Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 March 2019
I think Natural Factors is a pretty good company. I am surrounded by nice people, and HR cares about your safety. The growth speed of company can be a bit much sometimes and keeps everyone busy. I don't know the direction or big picture of the company, but it has been good so far.
Shifts are not rotated, which I like. I can keep the same schedule and shift.
Pros
Seems like good benefits, but too lazy to use them yet
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Productive and fun place to work
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 March 2019
Super great place to work. Best part of my job is interacting with my work family to ensuring we all go home safe every day. The fact that no 2 days are the same, challenges me the realize my full potential. Hard work and commitment will most certainly be rewarded.
Pros
All round great benefits
Cons
Overall, good place to work. Big, local, not stagnant
Employee (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 February 2019
Good company to work for as a private company. Good values. Change is pretty slow, but efforts to change is visible.
I like most of the people I work with. Management lacks in communication for overall strategy of the company, but team basis and department basis is good.
Pros
good benefits, work/life balance
Cons
communication, feels like there are walls between the departments
Meaningful work - Purpose and Profit
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 January 2019
Every day I learn something new and there is always a rewarding challenge to tackle. It's exciting to be a part of a growing, dynamic company that is looking continually forward to building and improving. I work with many different teams and find that there is a mutual desire to contribute to success. People are, for the most part, polite and respectful in this multi cultural work environment.

We've seen changes in management during the past few years which also means a change in culture. Keeping the traditional family feel has been a challenge but we see management working hard to try to maintain that while driving efficiencies.

Hardest part is to keep up with the growth. Growth is a good thing but brings it's own challenges such has available work space and parking.

Best part of the work day is being with such a great team of people that are proud of making a difference in the health and well-being of others.
Pros
Educational Wellness sessions, Staff appreciation lunches, career growth opportunities, training and development, good benefits
Cons
sometimes hard to find parking
Interactive and team work
Specialized Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC19 December 2018
Working at Natural Factors was very team orientated. Individuals worked as part of a team and interacted with each other. There were benefits to working long hours. It was a fun, interactive work environment.
Negative atmosphere, bullying, phony
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Kelowna25 October 2018
Why do you think so many people are going on stress leave? why do you think so many people are applying for jobs at all the new companies starting up in the Winfield & Kelowna area? because this company has a bullying, intimidating atmosphere - it's chaotic, negative and harsh. Do not apply here if you want to work at a supportive, people driven company. Management has taken courses but they are just faking it - didn't take long for them to show their true colors again.
Pros
benefit plan
Cons
bullying, harsh management, confusion
Ethics
Accounts Payable Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WA14 September 2018
Natural Factors displayed good ethics. Regardless of the situation, they were able to keep their strong ethics intact and in place. There was not a situation that Natural Factors strayed from their mission statement.
Great benefits plan and great coworkers
Office admin (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 July 2018
The people are great to work with and benefits really good. Decisions could be made faster in some areas in my opinion. Sometimes you can move around to another job if it's a better fit.. I did that. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Free product, benefits, Coquitlam has a fitness space, prizes for core values program, yearly staff appreciation event you can choose what you want to do with family
Cons
Slow decisions sometimes, sounds like maybe some things need updating to make decisions faster
Something new
Administrative Assistant/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WA4 June 2018
Was hopeful to start working at this company. However, it didn't go well and I was glad to leave. The position was not using my full skills properly.
Pros
Free samples of their products, daily stretches and walks, clean building
Cons
Way too quiet of an atmosphere and feeling like an outsider
Very limited growth potential
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WA25 April 2018
Since the beginning there was very limited growth potential, then most management positions were transitioned to people in the Canadian main office so advancing within the company is extremely limited in the US. Very limited technology and outdated systems. There is also no accurate / consistent reporting available, as well as apparent lack of interest in viewing such reporting to analyze business.
Bad Place to Work
Bulk Packaging (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC6 April 2018
Very poor and condescending management. Constantly harassing employees and offer no incentive for advancement. Extremely poor work environment. Fellow employees would agree 100%
Good place to work if you are desperate for pay check
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 March 2018
Cons
Management is poor.
Hardly recognizes hard working people
no opportunity for advancement
In some areas make you work to the ground.
Will literally hire anyone
when hired, usually on contract terms and takes time to get full time
Staff are full of religious fundamentalist and will not allow you to take
actions that goes against their beliefs

Pros
Will literally hire anyone
Probably one of the best benefit packages you will find in canada
Pros
lots of food
Cons
they wont give you extra money
Favoritism
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WA7 March 2018
Wouldn’t work with peoples schedules even after being there for a number of years. Management would treat certain people of similar beliefs better than others. No room to grow or learn other departments. Bad work environment.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Bad Work Environment, Favortisim
High turnover with little appreciation for work ethic.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WA13 February 2018
Discriminates against female employees. Belittles employees who obtain job knowledge and understanding of operational procedures. For those who question: vague, unwritten rules and regulations, or procedures are reported for insubordination. Those that take initiative in enhancing job output and goal expectations are yelled at by supervisor for not following her directives or constantly changing verbal schedule changes.
Progressive Company
Line worker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 December 2017
I have worked at Natural Factors in the production area for more than four years and find it to be a very rewarding place of employment. For those individuals that work hard, your efforts are noticed by management and advancements are frequently seen. I am passionate about the Natural Health Industry and to be able to work at a company with the same values make this a perfect match
Pros
Quarterly staff appreciations - lunches provided; great benefit package
Cons
None that i can think of
Great place to work!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 December 2017
I have been working at Natural Factors full-time for more than a year.

Advice to Management
Continue to communicate to the employees on targets and continue to ask for their ideas on improvement.
Pros
Friendly people, Caring management team, Great product, Good benefits, Company is continuously looking to improve and want input from all employees.
Cons
Not really a con, but be prepared to work in a busy environment. Business is good, so plant pace is at times very fast.
great
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 November 2017
this was a really good company i enjoyed working there. they had alot of company benefits anfd events. over all the enviroment was nice too. I was very happy there
Good decent job to start
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WA 9827216 November 2017
This job gave me many skills, including but not limited to, team work, prioritizing, coaching and management skills. It's a great first job but definitely you will need to get another one after a few years of being there.
Excessive bullying and zero appreciation for their hard working employees
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC13 October 2017
Employees had no raise for 5 and more years. Their top management very focused on frequent bullying and intimidation of the best and dedicated employees. Please stay away from this kind of companies at all cost. Should be investigated for bullying and for harassment by the WorkSafe and Ministry of Labour.
Pros
extremely bad company
Cons
bullying, harassment and frequent abuse from their top managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natural Factors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9