nbn™
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

nbn™ Employee Reviews

Australia96 reviews
It gave me lot of opportunity to learn and grow and also lot of chances to move around to work in different Technologies like HFC,FTTC,FTTP and satellit.
This workplace was not what I had expected it to be.

As a government run incentive to provide faster more reliable internet services in Australia I was overwhelmed at the chaotic and underhanded approach to consumers in this call center.

For myself personally it felt as though the customer service handling of enquiries was fobbed off back to the RTS ( Telco providers).

Education around mixed-multi technologies or BROADBAND has not been provided freely to consumers and in fact many are still mislead in regards to exactly what NBNco is able to provide to consumer markets.

Witnessed this year during COVID they magically increased bandwidth to consumers and created a basic 25/1 plan for free consumption. Inernally this company will effectively go private with taxpayers being the contributors and will not receive any additinal benefits.

Under a Malcolm Turnbull government it is easy to see why the CEO stood down purely because the internal corrupt nature and delivery of the NBN to general public is misleading and false.
Pros
Paid Well
Cons
Misleading and deceptive conduct
Overall experience achieved over the years as you work with different persons on every project.very flexible work style leaves you enough time to spend with family.
I enjoyed working at nbn for 3+ years. nbn promotes a working flexibility for employees to have work/life balance. Many challenging projects with fast pace environment. Many opportunities to move internally.
If you like being in centre of the teclo industry and solving problems then nbn co is a place where you can thrive. nbn rewards proactive and dynamic people with a variety of challenges and opportunities to build their careers.
making sure all contractors attend these jobs for the day.Fast paced with lots of stress.Dealing with cust and there complaints.Makingsure techs follow all procedures.
Pros
gained alot of experience
Cons
Nice work culture and good engagement at all levels - very collaborative and supportive, The management style was very good - open and engaging with no barriers & multiple layers
Poor management.
Under unrealistic time frames.

Poor decision on technology.

Unattached to what’s happening in the field.

Not understanding at all about family responsibilities.
Supportive management but less visibility to the future. Workload is manageable but supporting vendors may go beyond working hours. Managing stakeholders can be a bit difficult but very good office and facilities.
I have worked at NBNCo for 8 years and I have gained the best experience. Its a very flexible work culture.

Good for parents with families as Work from home even if one day a week is quite helpful when you have to manage kids etc.

Also, because its a company of that size there are lot of opportunities for Career Progression etc
I liked nbn when it started with Mike Quigley as a CEO and enthusiastic, knowledgeable management. Then in 2014, change of government & new political interests dominated the business decisions incl the debacle of HFC. Nepotism was a common practice at nbn: Well paid jobs to friends, ex colleagues, relatives not the most qualified candidates. Mediocre mgt ruled.
There were one set of rules for those who were brought by management and those who got the job thru formal recruitment selection. Too much of Government involvement in business decisions. Too political .
its always busy and working on many varied things day to day , they are supportive of many different community initiatives and promote these internally within the company
NBN is a controversial company in the sense that there is on-going / regular reorganisation affecting the role of staff. Having said that though, NBN is still a refutable company to work for
Manageable workload, decent salary, favouritism, not secured job any more. Some department got secured job. I would recommend working for nbn though. Work culture not good any more
At aboutlife I was working this day in four section it was very busy I was jumping to the fridges to the fruit and veg area to the front of house to the café area bells where ringing for service everywhere and I was at each station where service was really needed I really put my head down that day and focus on what really needed to be done management giving me employee of the month cause of my work that I had produced for the day , also went to one of there other stores in cameray and they promated me to fruit and veg manager.
Pros
people i worked with and the hours I worked
Cons
when I was managering the Fruit and Veg area I was still getting the same pay as before
Leading the industry in working smarter and in a collaborative manner. Business maturity was a big must at this company so everyone was encouraged to work towards their six sigma certification. Loved the way the company was always at the forefront of technology especially reporting.
 Trenching and piping
 Cleaning up work site at the end of shift

 Working long hours. (12-hour shifts)

 Laying of NBN cabals

 Driving to different sites every project
Management are lacking knowledge.You raise the same issues multiple times & nothing changes.Constantly changing role type & atmosphere is very unpleasant.
NBN is relaxed place to work. The teams are good and supportive. Flexible working, you can work from home sometimes.
Decent pay and great working teams.
Great HR policy
Collaborative

Continuous re-org

The company faces a funding issue from govt all the time.

The evolving organization with wide variety of roles
Not good company would not give up my day job pay your own fuel and expected to travel long distances no rewards bad manager had no idea of location poor communicate