nbn™ Employee Reviews

Great Company
Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 May 2019
Good company to work, except that the company has less permanent positions and mostly contract employment.

Great Work Life balance
Opportunity to grow
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Job Security
Excellent company to work with
HFC T2 Engineer (NOC) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC28 April 2019
Excellent team and company to work with. I cannot ask or say more, Just perfect. Moreover, the management is very supportive and lead you to the best direction for your future.
An exciting, innovative and value adding experience.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW11 April 2019
NBN is an innovative organisation delivering very complex infrastructure. I found my days at NBN challenging, in good way, utilizing my knowledge and experience. I learned to be flexible and how to think outside of the square to solve the many problems that occurred.
Management was very supportive and understanding, giving me access to people and information I needed to carry out my specialized work. Management also gave me responsibility to lead the process and accepted my opinions and determinations. I was also given the opportunity to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
Though there were daily pressures to complete tasks by strict deadlines, people were relaxed and friendly and would always take time out to help.
The hardest part of my job was to understand the technology breakthroughs that occurred at a regular pace and then to find a solution on delivering that new technology.
I found the most enjoyable part of my job was adding value.
Pros
Fantastic view of Sydney Harbor from my office
Cons
It took a long time to travel in the lifts lunchtime.
Worst employee turn-over rate!
IT Support (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW10 February 2019
I have worked in the company as a contract for 14 months out of which I was asked to leave for 2 months and requested me to take back the same role. On an average, the head office at 100 Arthur Street will have 8 Full Time New starters and 6 resigning employees(NOT CONTRACTORS) every week.
Pros
Used to give a good value to your profile! You will be paid good when you are an FTE.
Cons
No job security
Fantastic Company to work at
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney8 January 2019
Fantastic company to work at. Great culture, friendly people. Managers always have realistic expectations about what can be achieved in what time frame, and are reasonable with work-life balance.
Culture is not good
Product Owner (Customer Service Assurance) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 January 2019
Competitive culture instead of collaborative puts people under pressure.
Working there is like working in tribes unfortunately!
If you are not part of a tribe, you will be pushed to the corner.
It was good
Solution Lead (Product Owner) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 January 2019
Initially and for a few years nbn was a good place to work but in the last twelve months it has deteriorated. They ask for loyalty but give none in return.
poor management support
Governance specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC30 November 2018
nbn more interested in image citing it is ""ä great place to work!", but the hype does not meet the reality where there is low staff morale, failure to provide training and incentive to progress
Pros
to be working for a nation building corporation
Cons
poor management
Productive workplace
Field Engineer Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
Every day a new issue to solve. Great people and culture.From mentoring staff to solving a complex technical issue and writing a new process no two days are the same.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun workplace with TT
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 November 2018
Very good work-life balance culture, excellent management. Switched smoothly from traditional watrefall model to Agile processes.

Dream company to work with.
productive
Project Coordinator, Service Stream (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 October 2018
poor worklife balance, as an office employee i was able to go out on regular site visits that helped me learn alot about the networks. They put me on lots of training courses.. but i was not challenged
Great work life balance. Senior leaders lack people leadership and focus
Senior Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 October 2018
Flexible working arrangements a real plus.
Too many ex-telco leaders on high salaries that are not strong in leadership. Company has preferred technical skills over leadership and hence you get directive leaders or highly introverted ones that don't engage or understand naturally their effect on others
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Leadership trying to protect their inflated salaries
Great Place To Work
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW1 October 2018
NBN is so far the best employer I have worked for. It is the best place to work, great team, great culture & highly supportive management. NBN company culture gives strong sense of being part of highly supportive team. Great place to work full of fun, flexibility, delegation & trust.
Pros
Flexibility, Team Culture, Fun
Cons
Less Job Security
Tribal , confused and dysfunctional
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2018
Management are confused, most out of their depth with little experience as to how to make nbn work on the scale required. Many are secretly cynical and working to their own agendas or making careers from the constant chaos, paying only lip service to organisational directives or worse still implementing directives for a dysfunctional outcome. Promotion of inexperienced sycophants that are non-threatening is rife.

Constant re-organisations that waste and undo what took months to set up throws everything into periodic confusion.

Lack of a cohesive aligned operational and IT strategy to facilitate scale roll-out – so reliant on people to make up and plug the many holes – lots of repeat work, wasted effort to work working harder rather than smarter.
Pros
National charter is inspirational
Cons
Infantile management, lack of deep understanding of how to achieve the nbn at scale.
Great people working under difficult conditions
General Manager, External Affairs (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 September 2018
Great people working under difficult conditions. I'm given to understand that the culture and leadership has improved significantly since I left. The people working at NBN were collectively and individually some of the best colleagues that I have ever had.
Great Place to work
National Commercial Completion Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 August 2018
it is a great place to work, the company gives a flexible work environment and good salary package compared to the market.
however, it will start to reduce the size of the company soon due to the completion of the initial rollout. other than that, it is a great place to work.
NBN is fairly good to work for
Finance/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 July 2018
Work and life balance is good, everything else is ok. Actually I would have given my line manager a 4 star rating but his manager, the GM I would only have given a 2 star rating.
Pros
Work and life balance is good
Cons
Workload was surprisingly heavy.
Worst workplace ever.
Manager, Customer Connections (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 May 2018
Lack of internal governance has led to a toxic culture, stressful and unhealthy place to work created by inept middle management lacking basic integrity and misusing the powers to stack their teams full of ill qualified mates whilst other areas are under resourced. Large consultancy firms a paid a fortune to repeatedly send inexperienced staff at exorbitant rates. Wasteful spending with little commercial oversight and no measure of returns. Senior leaders have a warped sense of what is happening because they only want to hear good news and this is what they are given.
Pros
The minority of good people who actually do the work.
Cons
Frustrating and disappointing to witness a wasted opportunity
Good mix of experienced people
Manager Business Process Excellence (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2018
NBN has a good mix of experienced people and building a good work culture across the company. Some areas within nbn are new and needs to be matured before become a high performance culture organisation.
Pros
Good Future
Cons
Management Politics
Great learning with work flexibility
Test Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 January 2018
NBN provides a very flexible working arrangement for its employees allowing them to contribute their best. Constantly changing its delivery methodology to cater to customer needs
Pros
Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at nbn™. Our community is ready to answer.