nbn™ Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Excellent opportunities and work experience with nbn
Linesman (Current Employee) –  Perth WA12 December 2016
Easy and flexible working hours
cooperative and easy going coworkers
better salary and paid leaves
work life balance
constructive feedback and opportunities to learn more
Great teamwork, support and competencies amidst all the organizational restructure
GIS/CAD Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA26 November 2014
Biggest challenge to my task is performing data and process analysis within a structure that is still evolving as an organization, thus delivering outputs while quickly integrating new processes and standards being put in place as you go. Learning requires that you stay connected and alert with the changes, and integrate these in your approach on data analysis immediately. Typical day at work is a hot coffee by my desk, working with the GIS software and data while intermittently on the phone and emails communicating data findings for validation with stakeholders, or providing assistances on software and data. We have a very supportive and friendly environment at work, and communication and support on the national team is too easy via desk tools and video conference rooms. Management have full support although challenge is there in terms of how to really maximize the use of GIS technology and how to understand what the GIS guys do and why we need more resources in this area. Hardest part of the job seem to be underestimation of the GIS tasks at hand from the management, so that if you are not into automations, stress of repetitive manual data analysis will get to you. Most enjoyable part of the job is that telecommunications is a new interesting area for me, and we are mainly using CAD as our main GIS software, so comes all the learnings on integration with more advanced GIS softwares and writing the automations that comes with it.
Pros
Travels and flights, gets to be part of exciting startup of enterprise GIS
Cons
Basic level on GIS technology appreciation in the management level