nbn™ Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Fantastic Company to work at
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney8 January 2019
Fantastic company to work at. Great culture, friendly people. Managers always have realistic expectations about what can be achieved in what time frame, and are reasonable with work-life balance.
Productive workplace
Field Engineer Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2018
Every day a new issue to solve. Great people and culture.From mentoring staff to solving a complex technical issue and writing a new process no two days are the same.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Long Hours
Tribal , confused and dysfunctional
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2018
Management are confused, most out of their depth with little experience as to how to make nbn work on the scale required. Many are secretly cynical and working to their own agendas or making careers from the constant chaos, paying only lip service to organisational directives or worse still implementing directives for a dysfunctional outcome. Promotion of inexperienced sycophants that are non-threatening is rife.

Constant re-organisations that waste and undo what took months to set up throws everything into periodic confusion.

Lack of a cohesive aligned operational and IT strategy to facilitate scale roll-out – so reliant on people to make up and plug the many holes – lots of repeat work, wasted effort to work working harder rather than smarter.
Pros
National charter is inspirational
Cons
Infantile management, lack of deep understanding of how to achieve the nbn at scale.
Worst workplace ever.
Manager, Customer Connections (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 May 2018
Lack of internal governance has led to a toxic culture, stressful and unhealthy place to work created by inept middle management lacking basic integrity and misusing the powers to stack their teams full of ill qualified mates whilst other areas are under resourced. Large consultancy firms a paid a fortune to repeatedly send inexperienced staff at exorbitant rates. Wasteful spending with little commercial oversight and no measure of returns. Senior leaders have a warped sense of what is happening because they only want to hear good news and this is what they are given.
Pros
The minority of good people who actually do the work.
Cons
Frustrating and disappointing to witness a wasted opportunity
Good mix of experienced people
Manager Business Process Excellence (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2018
NBN has a good mix of experienced people and building a good work culture across the company. Some areas within nbn are new and needs to be matured before become a high performance culture organisation.
Pros
Good Future
Cons
Management Politics
Possibly the worst job I ever had
Fibre optic Internet Installer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 October 2017
The NBN network is a mess.There are more defective network connections than functional network connections. During my time there I was a contractor. I was barely paid and I wouldn't recommend NBN to anybody looking for work.
Pros
Cons
everything
Big opportunities and challenges with the world watching on and complaining
FTTx Designer (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia8 February 2017
Nbn has a can do and a must do culture. Most people are ex private industry which is extraordinary for a government (corporatised) entity of this size and funds. It creates a more commercial feel and urgency than most government departments and organisations.
Pros
Great place if you happy with the position
Cons
There is quite low accountability but recent management changes seem to be tackling this
Overall Good experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 August 2016
Overall Good learning experience. Got opportunities to learn new skills related my domain.
Learned Cultural differences and handle conflict situation.
Big Projects to deals with.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney22 May 2015
Systematic work approach, goal and result oriented management. Good communication between different levels of the management.
Good learning experience.
SPLUNK OPERATIONAL LEAD (Former Employee) –  sydney13 March 2015
I have learned more in depth of Splunk.I had good management and colleagues.They were friendly and learnt to built well-planned project.
Had an opportunity to increase my business skills from my previous employment.
Pros
Work and life balance is very good
Fiber Designer (Current Employee) –  Sydney1 January 2015
This is a good place to work where I can develop my skills and learn everyday. The current role is mix of technical and management responsibility which help me to grow as a technical professional.