nbn™ Management reviews

Excellent company to work with
HFC T2 Engineer (NOC) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC28 April 2019
Excellent team and company to work with. I cannot ask or say more, Just perfect. Moreover, the management is very supportive and lead you to the best direction for your future.
An exciting, innovative and value adding experience.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW11 April 2019
NBN is an innovative organisation delivering very complex infrastructure. I found my days at NBN challenging, in good way, utilizing my knowledge and experience. I learned to be flexible and how to think outside of the square to solve the many problems that occurred.
Management was very supportive and understanding, giving me access to people and information I needed to carry out my specialized work. Management also gave me responsibility to lead the process and accepted my opinions and determinations. I was also given the opportunity to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
Though there were daily pressures to complete tasks by strict deadlines, people were relaxed and friendly and would always take time out to help.
The hardest part of my job was to understand the technology breakthroughs that occurred at a regular pace and then to find a solution on delivering that new technology.
I found the most enjoyable part of my job was adding value.
Pros
Fantastic view of Sydney Harbor from my office
Cons
It took a long time to travel in the lifts lunchtime.
poor management support
Governance specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC30 November 2018
nbn more interested in image citing it is ""ä great place to work!", but the hype does not meet the reality where there is low staff morale, failure to provide training and incentive to progress
Pros
to be working for a nation building corporation
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun workplace with TT
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 November 2018
Very good work-life balance culture, excellent management. Switched smoothly from traditional watrefall model to Agile processes.

Dream company to work with.
Great Place To Work
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW1 October 2018
NBN is so far the best employer I have worked for. It is the best place to work, great team, great culture & highly supportive management. NBN company culture gives strong sense of being part of highly supportive team. Great place to work full of fun, flexibility, delegation & trust.
Pros
Flexibility, Team Culture, Fun
Cons
Less Job Security
Tribal , confused and dysfunctional
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 September 2018
Management are confused, most out of their depth with little experience as to how to make nbn work on the scale required. Many are secretly cynical and working to their own agendas or making careers from the constant chaos, paying only lip service to organisational directives or worse still implementing directives for a dysfunctional outcome. Promotion of inexperienced sycophants that are non-threatening is rife.

Constant re-organisations that waste and undo what took months to set up throws everything into periodic confusion.

Lack of a cohesive aligned operational and IT strategy to facilitate scale roll-out – so reliant on people to make up and plug the many holes – lots of repeat work, wasted effort to work working harder rather than smarter.
Pros
National charter is inspirational
Cons
Infantile management, lack of deep understanding of how to achieve the nbn at scale.
Worst workplace ever.
Manager, Customer Connections (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 May 2018
Lack of internal governance has led to a toxic culture, stressful and unhealthy place to work created by inept middle management lacking basic integrity and misusing the powers to stack their teams full of ill qualified mates whilst other areas are under resourced. Large consultancy firms a paid a fortune to repeatedly send inexperienced staff at exorbitant rates. Wasteful spending with little commercial oversight and no measure of returns. Senior leaders have a warped sense of what is happening because they only want to hear good news and this is what they are given.
Pros
The minority of good people who actually do the work.
Cons
Frustrating and disappointing to witness a wasted opportunity
Good mix of experienced people
Manager Business Process Excellence (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2018
NBN has a good mix of experienced people and building a good work culture across the company. Some areas within nbn are new and needs to be matured before become a high performance culture organisation.
Pros
Good Future
Cons
Management Politics
Challenging and process oriented organisation
Core & IP Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Ryde NSW28 December 2017
Since I am in operations 2nd level support , we used to get non standard jobs , so it will be always with some challenge involved.

Some time we have seen management decisions based on process are more important when there is ambiguity on technical reasons , that most of the time resolved the issues in the meeting where different stake holders are involved.
Fast paced work place
Logistics Supervisor QLD (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 September 2017
This is a very fast and high levels of stress.
There is a good culture within the ranks but more attention could be given from the management.
There could be a better look at hiring more people to ease stress of peoples work day.
every day is a challenge
Major Incident Management Senior Lead (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS10 April 2017
* We manage a great variety of complex major incidents ranging from Payroll outage 1 day before payday to Cyclone Debbie.
* Managing a Technical bridge requires the utmost people skills, we need to extract information from Technical engineers, Then create a report in a non-technical manner for the senior management to understand.
* Management skills are limited to managing Technical bridges of up to 70 people, this takes a great deal of managerial authority and a great deal of knowledge with confidence.
* Workplace culture has to be at the core of the team and individual
* The hardest part of my job would be to ensure I have correctly understood the Technical engineers and architects, I have translated the information correctly in my communications prior to submitting to the wider business.
* Most rewarding part of my current role would be when service is fully restored in the shortest time.
Pros
I decide if i work from home or office
Cons
Long shift 12 hours interrupts Family life
Big opportunities and challenges with the world watching on and complaining
FTTx Designer (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia8 February 2017
Nbn has a can do and a must do culture. Most people are ex private industry which is extraordinary for a government (corporatised) entity of this size and funds. It creates a more commercial feel and urgency than most government departments and organisations.
Pros
Great place if you happy with the position
Cons
There is quite low accountability but recent management changes seem to be tackling this
Big Projects to deals with.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney22 May 2015
Systematic work approach, goal and result oriented management. Good communication between different levels of the management.
Good learning experience.
SPLUNK OPERATIONAL LEAD (Former Employee) –  sydney13 March 2015
I have learned more in depth of Splunk.I had good management and colleagues.They were friendly and learnt to built well-planned project.
Had an opportunity to increase my business skills from my previous employment.
Pros
Work and life balance is very good
Fiber Designer (Current Employee) –  Sydney1 January 2015
This is a good place to work where I can develop my skills and learn everyday. The current role is mix of technical and management responsibility which help me to grow as a technical professional.
Great teamwork, support and competencies amidst all the organizational restructure
GIS/CAD Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA26 November 2014
Biggest challenge to my task is performing data and process analysis within a structure that is still evolving as an organization, thus delivering outputs while quickly integrating new processes and standards being put in place as you go. Learning requires that you stay connected and alert with the changes, and integrate these in your approach on data analysis immediately. Typical day at work is a hot coffee by my desk, working with the GIS software and data while intermittently on the phone and emails communicating data findings for validation with stakeholders, or providing assistances on software and data. We have a very supportive and friendly environment at work, and communication and support on the national team is too easy via desk tools and video conference rooms. Management have full support although challenge is there in terms of how to really maximize the use of GIS technology and how to understand what the GIS guys do and why we need more resources in this area. Hardest part of the job seem to be underestimation of the GIS tasks at hand from the management, so that if you are not into automations, stress of repetitive manual data analysis will get to you. Most enjoyable part of the job is that telecommunications is a new interesting area for me, and we are mainly using CAD as our main GIS software, so comes all the learnings on integration with more advanced GIS softwares and writing the automations that comes with it.
Pros
Travels and flights, gets to be part of exciting startup of enterprise GIS
Cons
Basic level on GIS technology appreciation in the management level
Overview
HSE Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW22 October 2014
 Supporting the HSE team on various HS&E activities
 Interacting and consulting with internal stakeholders in HS&E
 Processing claims
 Supporting HS&E operations developing reviewing and amending corporate HSE standards, procedures, processes and systems
 Process workers compensation claims for the early and safe return to work of employees suffering from a work-related injury or illness
 Emergency management systems and HSE procurement
 Ensuring all site staff are fully equipped with the right PPE
 Updating/ maintaining risk registers and ensuring that this was kept up to date in line with any changes to the WHS Act, WHS Regulation and Code of Practice.
Great place to work, Highly efficient and well driven.
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Melbourne26 May 2014
Every day consisted of working across multiple projects and balancing the delivery of my own various outputs as well as the delivery of the outputs of designers.
The direct team and management team are very professional and approachable.
Pros
Flexiable working conditions (work from home)
Cons
Long Hours
Very productive and easy going working place
Production Engineering - Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rowville, Melbourne5 May 2014
Learned a lot of new things and got many opportunities to go up in the management and got a chance to show my calibre for whicvh i was rewarded with 40% pay rise.
Pros
Less restrictions for timings
Cons
Contract job