nbn™ Employee Review

Start up org with great learning opportunities and benefits
Manager, New Developments (Current Employee) –  pennant hills13 October 2013
Typically at NBN Co your day will start with at least 3 meetings a day, nationally, working across several business areas to align stakeholders to your project. You will have a huge amount of work to do and a lot of searching for the right people to assist you, your day will end in the dark hours and you'll likely have made a impact on the grand plan and felt good about it.

Having had the opportunity to work across different divisions delivering corporate projects i have personally learnt a great deal not only industry specific knowledge but i have learnt a lot about other peoples roles and tools they use to do their jobs. The pace is fast in NBN Co there are plenty of areas to grow and to learn from.

Co-workers are task focused and generally frustrated, there is no culture here yet.

Hardest part of the job is being dependable on other teams to get your tasks/projects moving forward, particularly in this organisation where we relay on many external contracting organisations to help us deliver, it can become quite political.

The most enjoyable part of the job is finalizing tasks and seeing the impact our work is having towards the goal of connecting the country to world class infrastructure.
Pros
lots to learn and many internal opportunities, fast paced.
Cons
lacks senior support and culture

Other nbn™ Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work for .
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW ju15 July 2019
A day seems like a week at NBN .Every thing is slow .I was employed for a greater role but ended u running reports .I felt like I was wasting my time . What I was doing was far below my expertise .
Pros
Cons
Boredom, not real contant work . No real positive experience gained
Culture of over working people
Security Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria10 July 2019
Focused on KPIs no matter what the impacts are to employee work life balance. Location is great and peers are great to work with.
Culture of burning people
Pros
Great location
Cons
Long hours with little recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at nbn™. Our community is ready to answer.