Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NCR Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews
NCR is a well established company in technology, business equipment, banking machines, etc.. they are one of the pillars of service and product provider in this industry. They give a generous pay and benefits to their employees as you can expect from a multinational company like this. If you need something related to your work, you won't spend a penny from your pocket. The core principle of this company is good, it only becomes bad based on the individual person you are working with.
Pros
Working with a good level of standard.
Cons
most of the jobs are contractual projects
Management is good. But as an install tech there is no fix timing or usual 9-5 hours. Other than that I have great colleagues. As install tech you miss out your family events sometimes.
Very sales oriented - disengaged staff - management was not experinced at all - operating in single silos - the customer had complete control of the contract details as the targets proposed and agreed during the service agreement were unachievable to meet.
Well designed projects, Continuous flow of work, Flexible workplace. Encouraging management. Professional with strong ethics environment.
Projects high on domain and functional learning. Very amiable surroundings. Thanks!
A very hands on organization. You get to learn alot doing things. Work culture is very enjoyable and fun filled. A very friendly and understanding management team who are always ready to assist you. With a very good team and management I have not found anything to very hard. we all are part of a very family and we interact with each other more like friends than colleagues. we all are always ready to help each other.
Don't care about skills experience or work ethic
Cheaper they come the better

No job security

Don't like to hear the truth

Rather people rip them off than tell them the truth
Pros
not have work during the day make all your money on overtime
Cons
Management have no idea make same mistakes year after
I saw heads roll quite often in the various divisions at NCR Australia. There is zero job security and upper management have no regard for the success of you as an individual, only care about managing up and looking after their own hide.

Working from home was great, but the pound of flesh they wanted in return was significant.

Poor company to work for
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No job security, management not intetested in developing emoloyees
Great place to work with excellent team and work culture. Experienced staff, supportive and helping management. Great place to work and retire. Would join again if i get another opportunity.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Casual role, less work
Working night installations makes home life difficult with family. A severe lack of communication within the organization. Love the job itself as I enjoyed working with and problem solving these complex machines.
Pros
Car
Cons
Horrific and long hours (in excess of 12)
It was a Good company to work for but there wasn't any opportunities to move forward most of the positions were offshore . I'm hoping to find a company that I can move up in and also grow with the company .
Overall good pleasant place to work.
My role was specific to a project, and as such was based on cusomer site.

At times, we felt a little 'lost' or 'disconnect' from the global NCR organisation.
The organization is one of the largest IT & T solutions provider in the world employing people from diverse cultures and backgrounds. I liked how the diversity was managed on a day to day basis at workplace.
Pros
Team Building, Brainstorming and continuous improvement in service delivery projects
Cons
Large organization, Lesser control over it operations and stakeholders
making CE redundant every year, No job security and manaement don't care about CES, service coordinator based in overseas have no idea of local traffic.
Career Development is almost unlimited as there are a lot to cover on the field of IT. Team is really helpful on all aspects not just to accomplish the job but to learn new ways. Everyday is a learning process and each person plays important role.
Boss is very supportive and respects the decision of each individual.
Get repair jobs from call office.
Repair of business machines.

Good bunch of co-workers.

Travel time to repair location.

Customer relations.
Pros
Car allowance
Cons
Finishing last repair job a long way from home