NEC Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NEC Australia Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews
Introspection from Japan and org restructuring divided the local business and reduced strategic focus whilst taking eyes off midterm priorities.

Program pipeline suffered as a result.

Too few operational engineers available to mitigate delivery risk on IT projects and too little time invested into the future of work as enabled by NEC technology...
No support, lack of organization, no loyalty, no appreciation or acknowledgement for hard work. No accountability or upkeep of documentation, including processes.
Cons
Stressful work environment . Great exposure to Govt and many other top ranked corporate clients .Friendly staff.Provides a better work life balance.Use latest and greatest technologies in the office.Spacious office,better work desk and chairs.
Good work life balance. Limited learning opportunities. No career growth. Fairly low package compared to the market rate. Highly uncertain management.
Everyone was kept on their toes with managers controlling managment style. Job security was always uncertain.
The manager liked to talk about other team members behind their back and join in the gossip. Overall not a good working environment.
Good technology to work on, good perks, good management.
The practice manager got in some cheap offshore team to get the testing done.

Frequent management change impacted the delivery.
Professional, good team environment, well suited to the market they designed,built and supported
They were moving in Data storage and Data Centre housing,
Pros
Plenty of parking
Cons
Long hours sometimes issues with software functionality
People made it a great journey. Management was a bit disorganised. Poor HR practices, quite inefficient in fact. May have improved though. Overall it wasn't a great experience but could have been the project
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Having worked for previous MSP's this was an eye opener working here, there is a total disregard following processes, there is a very high turnover of staff due to bullying and the staff that are part of the furniture from previous acquisitions who think they rule the roost! and think doing things their antiquated way is still correct!

Management inaction from staff feedback causing high turnover of engineers.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Very high staff turnover, bullying, not knowing process
Excellent Company
Great Place to work

Great staff and friendly supportive work environment

Fantastic and leading edge technology

Diverse culture

Focus on staff development
I spent over 20 years with NEC Australia in the Melbourne suburb of Mulgrave. At the beginning we were approximately 150 people, growing to over 3000 and falling in numbers later.
I had the opportunity to work with the most sophisticated digital and fiber optic telecommunication equipment what the Japanese giant NEC had to offer.

In 1991 I was promoted to domestic, later to international sales and marketing. That is when the fun started! I travelled to Australian Capital cities, regional centers on jet and to remote areas on 10 seater planes. I travelled from South Africa to North America to major cities. I travelled in Africa and Asia to places which are hardly shown on the map.

Every tender submission was a challenge. Every project was a challenge. Every job gave great job satisfaction!
Pros
Excellent working relationship, lot of travel
Cons
The recruiter HS from melbourne clearly showed the culture of the company

Would never want to work for this type of company that doesnt appreciate peoples time
Cons
Recruiter showed comlanys culture
Joined when the previous team quit and I was their lone replacement. I got handed over everything from the last team members in the days they had left. NEC made no attempt to add new members to the team besides add some staff from the bench to the team who didn't have any direct experience. They made me the expert for supporting all their national clients in an area I told them I had no experience in and now I have to cop ridiculous deadlines from the team who left, clients from about 8 consultants who all left, and sales teams across the country trying to send more work my way. I'm looking forward to handing in my resignation. Many people have recently been made redundant or just quit and even though I've just joined I've decided to quit too and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Noisy office, inept management, being lumped with a team's work but for one new person and getting no real help
Modern workplace environment with open plan office configuration.

Work from Home (WFH) is avialable to all staff.

Office location is close to all public transport means, but no car parking is allocated to staff.

Office is located within Medi Bank building in Docklands 100m away from Southern Cross rail station.
Cons
travel time to office can be excessive. No car park allocated to staff
A good experience and the work took me to parts of Australia I have never seen before.
Working with indigenous was a fun part getting to know where they live and their culture.

Getting to work in some of some the remotest part of Australia.

Supporting over 26,000 users via the various Government departments
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not much
I learned a lot about the Service Desk Analyst role while working there. I worked with a great bunch of people with a lot of them coming from ANZ which was my previous role.
This company does not care for its employees or it's customers. It makes reactionary decisions rather than be proactive.
There is no chance of advancement within this organization.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A good organization that has seen a number of changes at the top.

With each change comes uncertainty and at times a lack of transparency.

Continual changes in strategies and operations made it, at times, difficult to provide a consistent level of service.

Great people who are dedicated and loyal to the clients is a big win.
Pros
Good brand
Cons
Long hours, Not overally supportive
Collection of outstanding debts from Customer Accounts.
Maintenance of Customer Master Files in SAP, and open accounts to policies and procedures

Allocate all EFT deposits & other banking, and reconcile Bank Statement on a daily basis.

Run hold report listing, Release orders where appropriate, and Report customers on hold.

Maintain End User accounts, and make inactive when required.

Complete and update outstanding AR report on monthly basis.

Reconciliation and completion of AR General Ledger accounts on a monthly basis.

Lodge debt collection action with Debt Collection Agency
Pros
Excellent Time Management
Cons
Large outstanding debts
NEC Australia is a great company to work for. Both the employees and managers are fantastic people. The professional services team are all highly skilled in their area of expertise and are willing to share that knowledge with new employees
Managed over 100 servers in 22 location around Australia.
Supported over 2000 end users in terms of software and hardware.

Worked with a 99.5% service level agreement.

Worked in a virtual team of 10 spread across Australia.

Was provided with Genesys, Symantec and Nice System training.

Given a Skillsoft and Books 24x7 login. Completed 33 courses.

Traveled around Australia for implementation projects.

Project work often meant night and weekend long hours.

I implemented nationwide server and software roll-outs.

I designed systems to keep up high availability of systems.
Pros
Rewarded for efforts
Cons
Most days had overtime.