Nestle Nespresso
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nestle Nespresso Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
need to work hard to meet targets and need to be well groomed and knowledgable on products and coffee be interested in customers questions and be able to answer them
This company really takes care of its empolyees
I recieved extensive training

It pays really well

amazing job culture

tons of benefits

amazing people

Love it
Life balance: you will get messages when not at work.
Salary benefit: You have to check your payslip because there are a plenty of mistakes (always in the underpaid side but surprisingly not in the other way around)

Job security & advancement: Get promoted the friends of the managers.

Management: can panic when it becomes busy and get mean to customers in the backstage sode. (Need more training)

Job culture: You need to know that the company is very cheap even if a huge multinational billionaire. You go through a hard recruitment process? People get hired on phone calls or friends just presented and not passing any interview. Which makes the place becoming a very toxic workplace overall. The good side is the customers.

You will have better life working in a little cafe. And the company will see a decline anyway because of a strong quality concurrence. More friendly to the environment. Etc..
People, culture and environment were outstanding.

I was headhunted by a company that since closed down.

Leaving was my biggest mistake

I wish I could go back
Nespresso was a great place to work with the team members there full of energy and it was great to see everybody happy and ready to get to work everyday.
The first thing I would do would be to stock the kitchens with all nespresso coffee and teas. also to ensure that the coffee machines were clean and had water.
I would then go to the CEO's PA and would get several tasks to complete.

Once completed I would check every stationary in each department and made sure all post were handed out and stationary equipment were tidy and in place. I also made sure that every meeting room were tidy and ready for the next meeting.

After lunch i would stay at reception and answer phone enquiries/ direct phones to the correct department. I would receive parcels and welcome guests- get them to sign in and call the appropriate member of staff.
Pros
free lunches, meet some lovely staff, great benefits
Cons
long hours on feet
Excellent training, empowering and supportive team.
Workplace culture is professional, productive and motivating.

The management is very encouraging of setting personal development and professional development goals.
Not the worst place I've worked. Not the best.

Work-life balance is hard when rosters show no consistency and also can be released and updated last minute.

Management doesn't always display the ability to performance manage the underperforming team members. The retention rate is pretty terrible, in six months in one store I literally saw half the staff either leave or move to a new location.

Regional is an interesting woman who I once saw yank a casual employees ponytail whilst asking her if her hairstyle was work appropriate. Widely disliked by team member across stores and an open joke within the company.

Salary is really only good if you are a casual employee. Otherwise, your salary is set and your overtime is rewarded with time in lieu rather than financial compensation. [management also ask that you follow up on this and therefore don't monitor how much overtime you really do]

The greatest reward is the monthly coffee allowance and that working for Nespresso is a good thing to have on your Cv. To have worked in a premium environment has given me to the opportunity to move onto something better.
A fantastic brand and learning culture within the team. If you love coffee then it becomes an excellent bonus. If you love dealing with people then the position becomes handy...All good...
Pros
Fun working environment...
Cons
Low salary
Although I find it really hard to actually have a life since I work here, it is a nature of any retail enviroment therefore it is not limited to Nespresso. The team in Sydney is fantastic, better to work with than the teams in New Zealand. Management on a higher level was better in New Zealand as I find the boutiques in Sydney have lower head count which doesn't align with the high expectations and makes the daily life at work rushed and stressful. If they would look into this and change it, it would be a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
Free coffee allocation for staff
Cons
Weekend work and overtime required to cover low head count
I had a great time working there, it was one of the best jobs I'd ever had. Would definitely go back. 11/10
Only issue I had was the work life balance, but that was my own issues, not theirs.
Pros
Teamwork, leadership, customers, free coffee
Cons
Permenant working weekends.
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Very good team.