New Relic Employee Reviews

Sales Management
Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA30 March 2019
If your successful here its because they give you the leads to make the $$. Management thinks they have talent but they're just in a good situation and they'll never leave because they know they dont have any talent. Not fair at all. Work somewhere else, this "bro culture" isn't for women or normal SF citizens. Very very FAKE
Pros
Good Office View
Cons
No Commission & Fake "Bro" Sales Leaders
Promissing products.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 July 2018
THE worst and most inexperienced interviews you would ever have if you are a tech! repetitive irrelevant question, horrible managers what it seems like conflicting each other.
Pros
Good prodect
Cons
inexperience managment with conflicts with eachother
Outstanding workplace, culture and product!
SDR (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 July 2018
In my opinion, the perfect balance between start-up and large software vendor. Lots of small details that make it a really great company to work for. You are well looked after and the team is still quite small so you are able to take a lot of responsibility whilst also getting support and working with other where you need it. Advice to management is to keep doing what you're doing and to HR to keep hiring top talent across the board. A real pleasure to call this place home.
Pros
Free snacks, equity, phone allowance, amazing office and supportive culture.
Cons
No communal games like ping/pong, retro games consoles or pool tables where cross-team staff can bond.
Most Awful Leadership
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 May 2018
Managers put their egos before customers. Anyone that spoke up had seriously consequences. There was a severe female to female bullying problem that leadership was aware of and did nothing.
Pros
great product, great customer base
I enjoyed working at New Relic
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ireland9 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at New Relic, made a lot of new friends, learned an awful lot about: front/back end technologies

Great people, however the morale was very low in the office for quite some time, it got very toxic, 75% of staff did not make their quarterly number.

Marketing budget was nearly non existent, which In my view / my colleagues would share was an issue.

Staff turn over for a period was very high, but a lot of this I think was due to alot of new management / change from small number of staff to large team etc

Company needs to invest in Marketing more and base targets by Market, ie The US market/target is not comparable to EU markets,

Overall though, it was a good company and I enjoyed my time there, I would recommend
Pros
Flexible Hours, Health Ins, Work nights out, Occasional office lunchs, nice working environment, Mac Laptops etc
Cons
Unrealistic Target, just look at the Team dashboard, you will see maybe 10% achieve more then 100% of monthly quota and maybe another 10% above 80%.
Excellent culture with above average office environment
Senior Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR23 February 2018
I loved working here and am still friends with plenty of my ex co-workers. The CEO pushes for work/life balance and that sentiment carries forth through the rest of the organization.
Workplace with no career advancement or opportunities
Admin (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA21 February 2018
Management doesn't interact with others. Only care about being profitable and raising the stock price. Managers provide no career plan for advancement and don't give opportunities for growth. First time managers get barely any training and don't really know what they're doing.
Cons
Bad Pay, Young Managers
It was great
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR3 January 2018
It was great, but has been steadily changing and many of the smart, talented people that attracted me to this company have left. The culture has changed dramatically in the past year.
Growth Company with scaling pains
Senior Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA31 December 2017
New Relic is a viable business with aspirations to be the "next Salesforce" in the Application Performance Management space. The CEO is a passionate leader who delegates managing the business to his team.
Pros
Great Office Location
Cons
Compensation does not offer bonus plans to all employee levels.
Fun Company w/ an Awesome Product
Mid-Market Account Executive, Named Accounts (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA19 November 2017
Not much to say, this is a great company. The product is world-class. The people are great and fun to work with. The espresso bar is a major perk. Location can't get much better
Pros
Espresso bar, fair compensation
Cons
Mid-level managers are awful, plenty of red tape and corporate politics to deal with
Great people, fun atmosphere,
Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 October 2017
New Relic is a startup darling that went public. Lots of focus on the individual and great team culture early on. Post IPO, it became political and great people were either let go, or moved on.
Pros
Great people, good work life balance.
Cons
Politics
Good Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA3 October 2017
I don't wish to write a review at this time. It was a good company that was going through some restructuring. I recommend you do your own research if you are interested.
A confused company
Task performer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco11 April 2017
While there are a few talented individuals at New Relic, they are stifled from doing their best work by some truly terrible managers, directors, and VPs. Cronyism is rife.

The sales organisation appears to be a revolving door, and the company is having a serious external identity crisis, having appointed a CMO who seems to have axed most of the old marketing org to churn out the most bland, insipid, and contrived 'Enterprise' marketing.

CEO is a genuine guy, and a lot of people look up to him, but it seems he's increasingly become a background player.

A real shame.
Pros
Good snacks, benefits.
Cons
Terrible managers, right up to the C-Suite.
Good Company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR30 January 2017
All around good company to work for. Had management issues when I was working there, but has changed significantly since my departure.
Great products and work balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco17 January 2017
Great products and wonderful innovation.
Work environment is top notch.
Leadership team is too focused on stock price and not enough focus on stability, growth and leading the team.
Compensation is not competitive with the industry.
Pros
Nice office environment
Cons
Compensation is at the lower end of the scale
Bad mgmt, little promoting, underpaid
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 January 2017
Title says it all -- heavy turnover in last 12 months and mgmt is okay with folks leaving.

Lots of new faces excited until they realize what its like working here. No promotions, politics becoming the norm, not a good place to come sell.

Wouldn't come back here and I'm a top performer.
Pros
Nice view/office, CEO is awesome
Cons
Promotions, Compensation, Politics
Product focused and growing
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 September 2016
Worked there a little over a year - it's a roller coaster ride but a great place to work. Surrounded by smart people that are passionate about the software that want to be there. The culture is all about being authentic and challenged.
Pros
Product focused, growth company, cool technology
Cons
Enterprise software is not for everyone, it can be complex, hard, and there is always somebody looking for more from you
Arrogant Interviewers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 September 2015
Went for an interview with this company and received no feedback. The interviewers were arrogant, made inside jokes with one another and did not effectively sell the company as a great place to work.
Cons
Looks good on the outside, not great from the inside
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA16 July 2015
Typical day I would just sit at the front desk waiting for people to come in. I didn't really have the opportunity to learn much. My manager only wanted to take responsibility away from me. I like most of my co workers, but not everyone was approachable.
Pros
monthly mixers
Cons
no job advancement
Great work life balance for IPO ready company
Sr Director, Software engineering (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA25 November 2014
- Great work life balance for IPO ready company
- Very Engineering focus culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Relic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9