Newmont Mining
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Newmont Mining Employee Reviews

Australia37 reviews
Best chief surveyor ever had in Newmont Ghana

 Managed the survey section the best ever and that put stop to resignations in the section.

 Executed routine surface mine in-pits and out-pits surveys and contract surveys for the company.

 Synergized routine daily survey job requirements and got bought in by the entire team which led to effective knowledge transfers and cover ups within the team and outside.
Newmont has a long history of delivering investment metrics and thus respect among investors; its structured investment methodology together with prescribing approach have given prestige to this company
you have your own self c ontained donger sporting facilitied. basketball court, beach volley ball a licenced bar, a kiosk an dining room and a gymnasium
Pros
free lunches
Cons
12/5 hh shifts
being able to drive in an out every day is awesome. learnt a lot about people and mining. was able to increase my experiences with other machines. camp had good food pleasant atmosphere.
Great people to work with good roster for trades,
Accommodation was OK. Food and services OK. Good Gym and activities. for a remote site communications to home were good,
i Drove From Perth at 3 am to Start Work At Boddington Excited and looking forward to starting work at Boddington I Had been Promised 12 Hours a Day For a 12 Day Shutdown Of arrival I Was Escorted By A Supervisor And Introduced me to Staff And they Were Told I Was In Boddington For 12 Hours A Day For 12 Days Shutdown
The following day I Was Told My hours Would Be Cut To 9 Hours A Day

Because they Wanted to Cost Cut I was the Only Worker in That Office Whose Hours Were cut the Other permanent workers Kept their 12 Hours a Day ???

Then When I went On a Inspection in the Field I Noticed a Serious Electrical Defect In a Machine and Reported This Defect To Management They Denied Any Defect Existed and I Was Sacked (I took Photos Of This defect And Next Week i Will be sending These Photos To the Mines Department And The Press Boddington Management Are Covering Up Defects and Unsafe Behavior and Putting lives at Risk it is only a matter of time Before a Serious Indecent occurs as a consequence of this bad Management
workplace was amazing everyone treated you fairly, we was family away from family even tho we was not related,work was fare foods amazing accommodation perfect, gym was well set up, bar was good reasonable prices bar staff happy.
When I started at newmont the atmosphere was rough but easy enough to handle.
A lot of unnecessary stress put on everyone, every day started with a negative prestart meeting.

When training new truck driver, it was almost impossible to get the dispatch people to cooperate. Supervisor where not much help either. Th training manuals where not consistent.
A typical day at work was pretty much a carbon copy of a day at work on most mine sites. It's all pretty generic these days.

What I learned from working for Newmont was don't ever work for Newmont or any other mining company again.

The management, from the highest level to the lowest, was petty, vindictive, unimaginative and backward thinking.

The workplace culture was pretty much the same as the culture on most modern mine sites - toxic! There is an instilled culture of betrayal, back stabbing, malicious gossip and vindictive and petty revenge for any slight, real or imagined

The hardest part of the job was having to put up with most of the people I had to work with and for.

The best part about working for Newmont was the roster, the free health benefits and the ( mostly ) permanent room. It hardly made up for all of the other negative stuff though.
Pros
Even time roster, free health benefits, permanent room.
Cons
No set career paths, no chance of advancement, extreme bias concerning who received training and/or promotion, untrustworthy supervisors and managers.
very safety focused and roster was family friendly, management did not rush in learning, they were very supportive. pays well and the accomodation clean and tidy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Newmont Mining?
I really enjoyed working at Newmont. And I would work there again at any time. I was guided through every new task and felt comfortable to ask for assistance if needed. I also had the confidence to suggest and implement procedures.
Pros
Coffee is great and parking is in the building
I worked 14 hour days .
Not much time to do much else after getting a meal

before and after work .

I came to Boddington experienced .

I did a pre-start on every peice of machinery i operated .
Geat place to work but would love to be home with family more often, and i also do a 2/1 roster so im a shift worker and have been working in the mines 20 years and 7 years with newmont
Pros
Great people
Cons
Being away from family
Newmont warehouse , great people to work with , support from peers and supervision . Team effort to keep up the work at times very busy and some heavy lifting .Laydown areas all over site which makes for a sometimes double up of work tracking back and forward.
All in though the crew at the main warehouse are a combination of can do and we done it already . Efficiency plus
Pros
Great people and great roster
Proximity to perth was fantastic as a drive in drive out site. the camp facilities were great and the roster being week on week off was an excellent work life balance
A supportive company who enlists education to safe practices as a priority for the company and for the worker. Good camp for one of the remotest camps in the world, and very friendly environment considering the harshness.
Pros
Good working culture
Cons
No swimming pool
Enjoyable place to work with a lot of great people. Work is tough at times but the people make it worth while. A typical day at work starts with daily pre starts and meeting. The trucks start to come in and it's game on with front counter and escorting also to be done.
Working full time with 5-2, 5-4 rosters day shift only, I have learned a lot of good things working as a team and dealing with many departments at Newmont Boddington Gold mine such as managing people working as Newmont's contractor for ground support, coaching and mentoring graduates, working with some geotechnical consultants, dealing with heavy equipment operators and supervisors of open pit operations.
Pros
established world class mining, good facilities, close to Perth (only about one and a half hours driving)
Cons
Local school is only good for up to year 8.
Tool boxes, department meetings and production meetings. Safety committee meeting and safety rep, supervisor and superintendent mentoring. It was a good work place.
Pros
Close to Perth
Cons
Close to perth
Excellent roster 7/7 works well if your a local. Great supervisors very supportive. Great family health cover paid for by the company.
Long hours so I am unable to return now I have a child
Pros
All accommondation and meals supplied
Cons
Worked at 3 different Newmont projects in the last 7 years, having this opportunities is a boon for me and a credit to the company itself for maintaining sustainable minesites.
Pros
Ideal work / lifestyle balance
Cons
Some sites were quite remote but compensated for though.