Newmont Mining Employee Reviews

Excellent roster .
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Boddington WA16 April 2018
I worked 14 hour days .
Not much time to do much else after getting a meal
before and after work .
I came to Boddington experienced .
I did a pre-start on every peice of machinery i operated .
good roster and culture
Truck Trainer and Assessor (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 December 2017
Proximity to perth was fantastic as a drive in drive out site. the camp facilities were great and the roster being week on week off was an excellent work life balance
Great culture
Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Tanami NT7 May 2017
A supportive company who enlists education to safe practices as a priority for the company and for the worker. Good camp for one of the remotest camps in the world, and very friendly environment considering the harshness.
Pros
Good working culture
Cons
No swimming pool
Good bunch of people to work with
Supply Officer (Current Employee) –  Boddington WA8 February 2017
Enjoyable place to work with a lot of great people. Work is tough at times but the people make it worth while. A typical day at work starts with daily pre starts and meeting. The trucks start to come in and it's game on with front counter and escorting also to be done.
A challenging but a nice and safe work place which is close to city (Perth)
Senior Geotechnical Engineer-Project (Former Employee) –  Boddington WA23 June 2016
Working full time with 5-2, 5-4 rosters day shift only, I have learned a lot of good things working as a team and dealing with many departments at Newmont Boddington Gold mine such as managing people working as Newmont's contractor for ground support, coaching and mentoring graduates, working with some geotechnical consultants, dealing with heavy equipment operators and supervisors of open pit operations.
Pros
established world class mining, good facilities, close to Perth (only about one and a half hours driving)
Cons
Local school is only good for up to year 8.
Nice Mine to work at
Safety Coordinator - Processing (Former Employee) –  Boddington WA14 April 2016
Tool boxes, department meetings and production meetings. Safety committee meeting and safety rep, supervisor and superintendent mentoring. It was a good work place.
Pros
Close to Perth
Cons
Close to perth
great place to work
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Boddington, WA16 December 2015
Excellent roster 7/7 works well if your a local. Great supervisors very supportive. Great family health cover paid for by the company.
Long hours so I am unable to return now I have a child
Pros
All accommondation and meals supplied
Newmont Asia Pacific
RDA construction & Tailings Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Boddington, WA16 October 2015
Worked at 3 different Newmont projects in the last 7 years, having this opportunities is a boon for me and a credit to the company itself for maintaining sustainable minesites.
Pros
Ideal work / lifestyle balance
Cons
Some sites were quite remote but compensated for though.
Top Heavy
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northern Territory11 May 2015
Newmont has gone overboard with diversity employing 80% of its safety team being female creating an environment of catty, secret squirrel society ready to scratch each others eyes out....Not a good environment to work in. The 8& 6 roster is great and the employees at the coalface are from all over Australia and a a great bunch of people working in a harsh environment in the Tanami Desert.
Pros
The great people and the 8&6 roster
Cons
Long commute each day to and from work
newmont - gong to work
Indigenous Trainee (Former Employee) –  alice springs nt24 April 2015
early start in the morning.
very hard work but enjoyed it as people were nice
the hardest part was packing core as it involved alot of manual handling
Pros
free lunch
Overall Good Company
Casual Full Time (Former Employee) –  Boddington, WA7 April 2015
Roster of one week on and one week off and also drive in, drive out! Which means no airports and closer to home. Good culture and people. I was employed as a casual and the company went through cutbacks so I was last person employed in our work area :)
Old plant but well maintained
Fixed Plant Fitter (Former Employee) –  Yalgoo, WA12 March 2015
Great place to work, strong team work and culture weather long term employee or greenhorn. Reliable operation with minimal breakdown
Pros
Exceptional camp facilities
Cons
Fairly high staff turn around
no advancement within team
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA4 February 2015
Given my previous skills, there was no allowment for me to advance to help build a diversified and skilled team.

The Company has just introduced a hierachy of control for the pit. As when I commenced, the system was dangerous for all vehicles in the pit.

I enjoyed working with the crew, was a great team.
Excellent place to work, gym included
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boddington, Western Australia19 October 2014
Safe environment

Good training management

Very good working relationships
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no cons that I can think of
Enjoyable and rewarding job
Underground Mine Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Jundee, western Australia2 February 2014
A very enjoyable and rewarding job at one of Newmonts FIFO sites in remote Western Australia. Work consists of 9 days on and 5 days off, 11 hour days with a roughly 50:50 split between office work and survey work.
Good place to work with the culture with the guys
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boddington, WA11 January 2014
It is a very busy place to work, with the pressure of reaching production goals.
long hours 13+ but very rewarding
Pros
Room to progress
Cons
Away from home
A workplace that is high on productivity and has a fun atmosphere
Full Potential Parts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boddington, WA1 December 2013
A typical days work day you would start with setting goals for the day in order of priority, which may also include any tasks passed on by the manager and then be able to re-prioritize through out the day if it became necessary.

The working environment with the project manager and my co-workers was harmonious which promoted a good team environment which inturn promoted strong productivity which meant that deadlines were met.

Sometimes a delay in people providing information that was required made the job harder and caused some deadlines to be pushed out slightly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving the targets that you had personally to do which inturn meant that the team targets were also achieved whilst ensuring that all company policies and procedures are followed.
Pros
Working with great people whilst doing the job that you love
Cons
Some of the people that you have to deal with each day
I enjoy a challenge and are multi skill in the mining industry
Training Adviser (Former Employee) –  Waihi NZ and Tanami Desert NT21 November 2013
I attended and ran pre start shift meetings and planed daily training requirements.My role included induction training for site and also area specific inductions including chemical awareness and safety standards training and assessing.My responsibilities included setting up training matrix training plans and designing and assessing to national standards.I enjoyed communicating with all levels of personal and helping them achieve competence in there required tasks.I was involved in incident investigations and corrective actions and worked closely with the Safety department in achieving high standards and reducing accidents and injuries.
Working at Newmont Boddington Gold
F and D series haul pack dump truck operator (Current Employee) –  boddington, WA7 October 2013
To whom it may concern,
Im a fully qualified Cat Haul Pac operator. I operate Cat 793 - 785 Trucks. I work in a crew of about 60 personnel, and work directly under the load and haul supervisors and superintendents.
Hardest part of my job is the long 12.5 hrs i work, but the people I work with make it easy to deal with.
Pros
family friendly roster
Cons
My aim when I started was to get along with everyone on site and I did.
Metallurgical/Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Boddington24 September 2013
I did daily dispatch of samples,moisture samples,collected and read water samples for cyanide,sorted and weighed sample returns for monthly composites,did any work for the Metallurgist eg.bottle rolls,leach test work,some floatation work,survey samples,belt cut sizing,carbon activity,collected and read CIL solution samples,helped the instrument tech when he needed a hand.Any different work the Mets had.I got on very well with mu co-worker we knew what had to be done and we arranged who was doing what without any problems.I had meetings with the senior Met daily to work out our work load.I did enjoy my work very much I was always busy and made the days and swing go fast.
Pros
Free stay and eat at the camp, so I was saving money and 6 days off.
Cons
Driving to site and back