News Corp Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

News Corp Australia Employee Reviews

Australia69 reviews
Featured review
News Corp Australia selected this as a representative review
I couldn't ask for a better place to work when just moved to Australia - News Corp is the place where you can pursue your dreams if you decided to dedicate yourself to media business. Career opportunities are enormous and people who work in News Corp definitely know what "Team" means.

Of course, everyone goes through their ups and downs but in News Corp even if you don't deliver your best performance, you will be supported and motivated to do your best next time.
15 January 2019
Great to hear you've had an excellent team member experience.
A fast paced and challenging environment supported by strong and compassionate leaders. First to market with innovation and technical change to suit the Global reach. Deep client connection and understanding of audience needs to match with advertisers requirements. Massive change from a largely print business to now a fully digitally led business.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Extremely competitive market place.
Through my employment with News Corp Australia i have not only furthered my existing skills but also gained new skills to which allowed me to further my career from line leader to production manager on the night shift.
Learning new skills provided the ability to not only think outside the square to solve and prevent incidents, within the busy working environment and better manage the overall workplace environment for the staff where maximum production was produced with as little fuss as possible.
Variety of different roles / career directions within the one company, excellent training, high performance culture. Working with Australia's leading media brands was an exciting and rewarding place to be, surrounded by passionate people.
I worked for news corp for less than a year but it was great experience overall. Worked in a very diverse team where managers and colleagues are very supportive and ready to help and encourages work-life balance. Great office and perfect location, very close to central station.
30 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We're pleased you had a good experience working with us!
Productive and progressive company The Operations Manager within the Distribution Logistic Structure is responsible for Primary, Secondary and Community distribution of News Corp publications. Managed the development of larger distributors that focuses on the consolidation of distribution areas and analysis of current markets.
30 March 2020
Focused, fun and professional environment as well as competitive culture offered at NewsCorp. Enjoy my work, my working tasks, and made many friends. enjoy relationship with management and all staff levels. Good bonuses offered during my tenure.
30 March 2020
Was in a Sales Role in Direct Sale for 3 years and went through many drastic changes including two redundancies.
Was hired purely as an inbound agent working only Monday to Friday as was described on the job description but then a month in some groups had to start working Sundays without proper time and a half pay.

Market managers and sales consultants were then merged to do the same role but with significant differences in pay.

Were told to shut down rumours of redundancies and that our jobs are safe then General Manager announced a redundancy a month later but hired more "talent" in the Brisbane office to do the same role.
30 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it and we've taken this onboard.
An organisation which offers an opportunity to learn. Quite a lot regarding marketing media channels, advertising and sales.
A lot of contact is made between upper and lower management, exposure to corporate culture is one of the biggest takeaways.

An entry level role that would be no more than a stepping stone for ones career.
30 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it.
Download the daily production schedule
safety and machinery checks

Set machines for required production

run jobs to specific requirements

fault finding and quality checks

house keeping

data entry
Pros
safe place to work, great incentives to perform.
6 February 2020
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed working with us and hope to cross paths again in the future!
Loved the growth I made over the course of 22 years with News Corp both personally and professionally. The people I worked with made it even better. Thanks
6 February 2020
• Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're pleased you had a good experience working with us!
Great machinery
Has air-conditioning system

In factory

Strong work ethic

And great work pride

Can be long hours

3days * 12 hour shifts

But that means more family time afterwards
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Great to hear you've had an excellent team member experience.
So many things going on at News Corp Australia. There's always room to learn and amazing people to work with.
It can be stressful at times meeting deadlines, but there's
Pros
Great culture
6 February 2020
A good organisation which offers lot of fantastic opportunity to learn quite a lot about media and advertising and sales strategies. Fun team environment!
6 February 2020
I worked at News Corp full-time for more than 10 years. Respect was earned the company had great family values, putting it's people first. It lost its way over time.
Pros
The Company's strength is in its staff
Cons
Politics - micro managing, lack of up skilling. A lack of vision and direction.
6 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're pleased you had a good experience working with us! We take all feedback on board and will use it to improve the future.
So many opportunities to improve and so little interest from exec. Slow and resistant to change so fast becoming a dinosaur. If you have no real ambition beyond paying the bills then this is the place to be.
Pros
location
Cons
leadersip
6 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
We take all feedback on board and will use it to improve the future.
Fast paced and challenging work environment due to the nature of the industry. Learned to be resilient, adapt at change management and excellent continuity planning. Direct line management were engaged and inclusive however executive leadership lacked communication and direction.
Hardest aspect of News Corp was trying to establish consistency for the team when objectives continually shifted. Most enjoyable was working with a committed team, fast paced and constantly changing environment also suited my leadership style
Pros
Dedicated staff, competitive salaries
Cons
lack of communication from Executive Leaders
Great to hear you've had an excellent team member experience.
good company. transforming industry. taken a long time for them to catch up with where they need to be. management issues and politics at the top given company legacy.
6 February 2020
A great place to work you felt you were achieving something getting the news out seven days a week.remuneration was good security of employment very good.
Pros
Free newspapers occasional free meals discount car purchases.
Cons
Very early morning starts.
7 May 2019
Thank you so much for your review! We value your opinion highly and use all feedback to improve our business. Wishing you all the best for the future.
they were good to me on a contract. thankyou

research, briefs, presentations, good location, nice people, centralised, nice facilities, nice people, friendly
17 April 2019
Very Busy
A lot of competing priorities

Time management is important

Managing clients

On the road a lot with client meetings

Minimum of 12 client meetings a week
4 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

We take all feedback on board and will use it to improve the future.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at News Corp Australia. Our community is ready to answer.