News Corp Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

News Corp Australia Employee Reviews

The role serviced the Business section of The Australian newspaper which prints between 8.30 - 10 pm 6 nights a week. The busy and collaborative environment of the newsroom presented daily challenges; this in turn led to exploring more of the technological aspects of Adobe software to reduce turn-around times on regular graphic elements; an example would be utilising Bloomberg graph data exported as either SVG or as Excel format for manipulation in Adobe Illustrator.I was also involved in an early push in creating interactive web content. Late stage of my time at News was solely focused on the print side.
Pros
6 weeks holiday
Cons
late hours
There was a workplace culture to put in long hours with no paid overtime and no appreciation. There was even an atmosphere to work at your desk throughout lunch. The company then reduced 3/4 of its staff to suit profits. My local management was fantastic, but was hobbled by the less-than-great staff above. We also had to make the best possible content with ridiculously outdated equipment, and little to no budget to try and improve assets.
Pros
Great local management, great colleagues
Cons
Long hours with no overtime, outdated equipment
From the first moment I started at this company, I knew I was going to enjoy working there! The team of work colleagues were supportive, fun to work with and it was a brilliant workplace. The work itself was varied and interesting, so no day was the same and the staff and management were EXCELLENT! I LOVED working there. Over and above any previos job I'd had to that point, it was the BEST job I'd ever had, and I will dearly miss the characters I've met at the place. Wishing everyone there all the very best!
Pros
Great work environment, fantastic co-workers, varied work.
Cons
The fact that the job ended, due to the down turn in the economy!
A fast paced and challenging environment supported by strong and compassionate leaders. First to market with innovation and technical change to suit the Global reach. Deep client connection and understanding of audience needs to match with advertisers requirements. Massive change from a largely print business to now a fully digitally led business.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Extremely competitive market place.
Through my employment with News Corp Australia i have not only furthered my existing skills but also gained new skills to which allowed me to further my career from line leader to production manager on the night shift. Learning new skills provided the ability to not only think outside the square to solve and prevent incidents, within the busy working environment and better manage the overall workplace environment for the staff where maximum production was produced with as little fuss as possible.
Variety of different roles / career directions within the one company, excellent training, high performance culture. Working with Australia's leading media brands was an exciting and rewarding place to be, surrounded by passionate people.
I worked for news corp for less than a year but it was great experience overall. Worked in a very diverse team where managers and colleagues are very supportive and ready to help and encourages work-life balance. Great office and perfect location, very close to central station.
30 March 2020
Thank you for your review! We're pleased you had a good experience working with us!
Productive and progressive company The Operations Manager within the Distribution Logistic Structure is responsible for Primary, Secondary and Community distribution of News Corp publications. Managed the development of larger distributors that focuses on the consolidation of distribution areas and analysis of current markets.
30 March 2020
Focused, fun and professional environment as well as competitive culture offered at NewsCorp. Enjoy my work, my working tasks, and made many friends. enjoy relationship with management and all staff levels. Good bonuses offered during my tenure.
30 March 2020
Was in a Sales Role in Direct Sale for 3 years and went through many drastic changes including two redundancies. Was hired purely as an inbound agent working only Monday to Friday as was described on the job description but then a month in some groups had to start working Sundays without proper time and a half pay. Market managers and sales consultants were then merged to do the same role but with significant differences in pay. Were told to shut down rumours of redundancies and that our jobs are safe then General Manager announced a redundancy a month later but hired more "talent" in the Brisbane office to do the same role.
30 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it and we've taken this onboard.
An organisation which offers an opportunity to learn. Quite a lot regarding marketing media channels, advertising and sales. A lot of contact is made between upper and lower management, exposure to corporate culture is one of the biggest takeaways. An entry level role that would be no more than a stepping stone for ones career.
30 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it.
Download the daily production schedule safety and machinery checks Set machines for required production run jobs to specific requirements fault finding and quality checks house keeping data entry
Pros
safe place to work, great incentives to perform.
6 February 2020
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed working with us and hope to cross paths again in the future!
Loved the growth I made over the course of 22 years with News Corp both personally and professionally. The people I worked with made it even better. Thanks
6 February 2020
• Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're pleased you had a good experience working with us!
Great machinery Has air-conditioning system In factory Strong work ethic And great work pride Can be long hours 3days * 12 hour shifts But that means more family time afterwards
Pros
Salary sacrifice
6 February 2020
Great to hear you've had an excellent team member experience.
So many things going on at News Corp Australia. There's always room to learn and amazing people to work with. It can be stressful at times meeting deadlines, but there's
Pros
Great culture
6 February 2020
A good organisation which offers lot of fantastic opportunity to learn quite a lot about media and advertising and sales strategies. Fun team environment!
6 February 2020
I worked at News Corp full-time for more than 10 years. Respect was earned the company had great family values, putting it's people first. It lost its way over time.
Pros
The Company's strength is in its staff
Cons
Politics - micro managing, lack of up skilling. A lack of vision and direction.
6 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're pleased you had a good experience working with us! We take all feedback on board and will use it to improve the future.
So many opportunities to improve and so little interest from exec. Slow and resistant to change so fast becoming a dinosaur. If you have no real ambition beyond paying the bills then this is the place to be.
Pros
location
Cons
leadersip
6 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!We take all feedback on board and will use it to improve the future.
Fast paced and challenging work environment due to the nature of the industry. Learned to be resilient, adapt at change management and excellent continuity planning. Direct line management were engaged and inclusive however executive leadership lacked communication and direction. Hardest aspect of News Corp was trying to establish consistency for the team when objectives continually shifted. Most enjoyable was working with a committed team, fast paced and constantly changing environment also suited my leadership style
Pros
Dedicated staff, competitive salaries
Cons
lack of communication from Executive Leaders
6 February 2020
Great to hear you've had an excellent team member experience.
good company. transforming industry. taken a long time for them to catch up with where they need to be. management issues and politics at the top given company legacy.
6 February 2020
A great place to work you felt you were achieving something getting the news out seven days a week.remuneration was good security of employment very good.
Pros
Free newspapers occasional free meals discount car purchases.
Cons
Very early morning starts.
7 May 2019
Thank you so much for your review! We value your opinion highly and use all feedback to improve our business. Wishing you all the best for the future.