NEXTRA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NEXTRA Employee Reviews

Australia46 reviews
They try to manipulate you into thinking you have no other option than to keep working for them because they will 'give you bad references', pay is minimum so nothing to complain about.
Good work life balance, friendly people and good environment to work, good team work with people I worked with, good motivation from the boss who was always positive.
great to work with them asthey are very professional ans careing for their employees . very cooperative with the juniors and very well handled the day to day situation .
Nextra was a great place to work, it felt like an escape from school and home life, a place to work hard and benefit from a great management team and friendly staff.
Most of the staff that I worked with friendly and pleasant but it could never make up for the bullying and constant harassment from management. Staff were constantly screamed at in front of customers because the manager got bored. No training was provided, yet all staff were expected to know everything and were subjected to more bullying and harassment when they didn't. My manager knew I did not know how to complete closing procedures and left me on my own to do it on my second shift, then proceeded to ignore my calls for hours when I attempted to ask for instructions. I was also instructed to continue to close the store on another occasion while the building was evacuated for a fire and filled with some, and threatened with termination and no pay if I left. Staff members were bullied and harassed for calling in sick even after providing a medical certificate. Other staff members were fired after they hadn't been paid for a month and made a polite inquiry as to why. In the 9 months I worked there 16 staff were hired and 12 left within a fortnight. Many of these previous employees left at the advice of Fairwork pending an investigation but nothing ever came of any of it as the manager just took each as a challenge to make everyone's life worse.
Often called in less than 30 minutes prior to starting time. Management style was ‘im big, your small’ and they certainly made sure you knew you were a peasant. Rude, demanding and were only interested in how much they could benefit from you and how much you could do for them.
Just a partime during my unversity study. It's a good time to meet people and solve problems. It's boring and not the work I'm after. Less freedom and room for improvement.
Selling Golden Casket products
Getting to know regular customers and there specific needs

Stock Rotation

Handing large amounts of cash (up to $1500)
Pros
Great staff
Cons
busy days
A typical day was at the front counter serving costumers and helping them get what they need.

I learnt how to do tats Lotto and costumer service skills.
Cleaning, serving customers, organising papers, boxing and unboxing, sorting files, taking phone calls.
I learned a lot about customer service, taking calls, money handling, using a till, organising papers and files.

Good management.

Strict, particular culture.

Hardest part of job was getting the hang of speaking to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers, staff and making a lot of progress in my knowledge about retail.
Pros
Good staff
my typical work day at nextra consisted of selling news papers, lottery tickets and scratchies. I have learned a lot about how lotto works and how to stock and restock shelves, as well as doing news and magazine returns.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
standing on feet all day
Productive, fun working environment. Work/life balance. A typical day of work consisted of some regular and some new customers to attend to. The hardest part of the job was some days were challenging - as is in most retail stores - but the most enjoyable was the good days and the customers you are able to build relationships with over the years. The rapports you build with people, internal and external.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Difficult Customers
Was an easy going job, I learnt all about the different lotto tickets and scratches that were for sale and how each lotto ticket was played differently.
Salary was decent for a first job, and flexible hours. Was expected to know processes and procedures eg. counting coins and scratchies after only being shown once. Management was nice, but breaks were fairly short and being on feet for 8+ hours was often tiring.
Working at Nextra has taught me many things. I have learnt how to deal with the best and the worst of customers, and the legal protocols when serving products such as lotto, scratchies and cigarettes. The staff and managers are all very easy to get along with which makes going to work an even more enjoyable experience.
It is good workplace
We meet people and know their nature

Good work environment

Friendly employees

There is work/ life balance

Good understanding between employers or customers
Pros
Discount on gifts
Would not recommend working here! Boss is a cheap person! Doesn't pay the bills on time and then we don't get stock. Boss is very rude to staff and blames them for slow sales although it isnt their fault. Doesn't pay the correct pay rate and then doesnt fix it.
Great and rewarding work experience. I was provided on the job training and given the opportunity to learn so many things. Lot of flexibility to choose shifts that you want to work
I worked as a part-time employee in Nextra Newsagency.
We had a very friendly working environment. The most important thing that I learned from this job is how to deal with customers.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Low pay
Nextra is a great place to work, i learned how to up sell items and products, and the co workers are great and fun to work with. But it is not a stable job for financial wise.
It was a lot of fun with the early mornings friendly faces and just enjoying yourself is good to it's a hard working place with lots of fun and great experience it's helps a lot with math as well
Pros
Hard working, experience, getting to know the people, friendly faces
Cons
Nothing is to regret