NEXTRA Employee Reviews

Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warners Bay NSW4 November 2018
Cleaning, serving customers, organising papers, boxing and unboxing, sorting files, taking phone calls.
I learned a lot about customer service, taking calls, money handling, using a till, organising papers and files.
Good management.
Strict, particular culture.
Hardest part of job was getting the hang of speaking to customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers, staff and making a lot of progress in my knowledge about retail.
Pros
Good staff
productive and safe work environment
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Mooloolaba QLD8 September 2018
my typical work day at nextra consisted of selling news papers, lottery tickets and scratchies. I have learned a lot about how lotto works and how to stock and restock shelves, as well as doing news and magazine returns.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
standing on feet all day
Productive & Fun environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelson Bay NSW4 September 2018
Productive, fun working environment. Work/life balance. A typical day of work consisted of some regular and some new customers to attend to. The hardest part of the job was some days were challenging - as is in most retail stores - but the most enjoyable was the good days and the customers you are able to build relationships with over the years. The rapports you build with people, internal and external.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Difficult Customers
Easy Going, Good Co Workers,
SALES ASSSITANT (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD8 May 2018
Was an easy going job, I learnt all about the different lotto tickets and scratches that were for sale and how each lotto ticket was played differently.
Good first job
Casual Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT20 March 2018
Salary was decent for a first job, and flexible hours. Was expected to know processes and procedures eg. counting coins and scratchies after only being shown once. Management was nice, but breaks were fairly short and being on feet for 8+ hours was often tiring.
Its an awesome job!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chermside QLD3 November 2017
Working at Nextra has taught me many things. I have learnt how to deal with the best and the worst of customers, and the legal protocols when serving products such as lotto, scratchies and cigarettes. The staff and managers are all very easy to get along with which makes going to work an even more enjoyable experience.
It is fun work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Acacia Ridge QLD17 September 2017
It is good workplace
We meet people and know their nature
Good work environment
Friendly employees
There is work/ life balance
Good understanding between employers or customers
Pros
Discount on gifts
Terrible
Retail Sales Assistant - Casual (Former Employee) –  Albany Creek QLD12 July 2017
Would not recommend working here! Boss is a cheap person! Doesn't pay the bills on time and then we don't get stock. Boss is very rude to staff and blames them for slow sales although it isnt their fault. Doesn't pay the correct pay rate and then doesnt fix it.
Great working experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensland8 May 2017
Great and rewarding work experience. I was provided on the job training and given the opportunity to learn so many things. Lot of flexibility to choose shifts that you want to work
Productive, Fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 March 2017
I worked as a part-time employee in Nextra Newsagency.
We had a very friendly working environment. The most important thing that I learned from this job is how to deal with customers.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Low pay
Productive and great service
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Booval QLD18 November 2016
Nextra is a great place to work, i learned how to up sell items and products, and the co workers are great and fun to work with. But it is not a stable job for financial wise.
I am a very hard working person
Paper run (Former Employee) –  Greystanes NSW9 November 2016
It was a lot of fun with the early mornings friendly faces and just enjoying yourself is good to it's a hard working place with lots of fun and great experience it's helps a lot with math as well
Pros
Hard working, experience, getting to know the people, friendly faces
Cons
Nothing is to regret
enjoyable workplace
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Newman WA25 October 2016
- going into work and starting the day off with washing a pile of dishes from the night before
-I learned how to communicate with a large amount of colleagues and customers in a fashionable manner
- I enjoyed going into work and interacting with new people everyday
Pros
Free Food
Cons
10hr days - Long Hours
Productive, busy and fast paced
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW30 August 2016
A standard day at work would consist of opening the store and preparing all newspapers and computers. Throughout the day when the service is limited, fixing ornaments neatly on shelves, straightening cards and stocking up is expected. During closing time vacuuming, mopping and taking out bins are a big priority as well as collecting leftover newspapers. Ensuring no customers are in the store is a requirement before locking the door and to always check the door is securely locked before leaving,
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Discrimination
Busy but good environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 August 2016
I would always feel bad for people who didn't win anything at lottery tickets.
Only had one coworker who was my supervisor, friendly and great to work with.
hardest part would be stamping and keeping track of all the magazines, yet it is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Satisfying to insert the ticket in the machine
Cons
Very far from home
Slow paced, Your own boss
Counter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 August 2016
An environment that isn't stressful at all, you go at your own pace, but a fast pace is even better. You have to rely on your own rules, you are your own boss and you need to know how to do things outside the box.
Senior Sales Assistant
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD29 February 2016
I really enjoy working with customers and the newsagent gave me the opportunity to establish a relationship with the regular customers. This allowed my to tailor my service to them more personally and increase the overall level of satisfaction to the point where customers would change their routine to visit on days that I was working.
Good job, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale NSW23 February 2016
The work was maintainable and fellow co-workers were always lovely and pleasant, however, the boss was rude and abrupt. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers at a fast pace whilst still maintaining quality service. I enjoyed the staff and customers.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
rude boss
Enjoyable Workplace
CASUAL SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Casuarina NT21 February 2016
As a continuous member of this workplace, I can endorse its management strategies and fellow employees. I always enjoy my time as a member of this forward thinking business.
Very Good Workplace
Paper Wrapper (Current Employee) –  Aspley QLD5 January 2016
Drop in / Drop Out paper wrapping. I learned how difficult it is to deliver the newspapers every day. The work environment is great with a bunch of friendly people.