Nick Scali Furniture

34: Nick Scali Furniture Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Beautiful furniture loveley work space

Managment has no clue how to train staff and very degrading I enjoyed selling the furniture they have some very lovely peices .Unfortunatley the manger seemed to enjoy degrading me in front of other staff and customers .

Days become one

Have you seen Groundhog Day??No support from upper management.Never a weekend off, forget your life you work for Nick Scali now. Some good people at ground level but the positive is far outweighed by the negative.

Fun workplace

Furniture technician, should have been training, before his send to customers homes no training has been offer on my case.It's a very stressful job,and not safe(dirty lounges, dirty houses),for the wage Nick scali offer.Some tools they offer to fix problems on spot are not appropriate. My reason of resign from the position,Very stressful , not safe (today's covid)Not appropriate tools , not training and the wage.

Diverse and hard working group in Melbourne that care about each others success.

I enjoyed my opportunity to work at nick scali. I experienced some personal issues during my contract and I did not get my 6 months as planned. I should have communicated better with the bosses and explained my situation which in turn would have given me time off to sort my personal issues and return to work. I have struggled to find and keep work ever since as a result.

Pros

Caring, understanding and family like

Cons

Managed by people from different state of NSW that I never got to meet face to face

Disconnected micromanagers

"Set you up for success" is a phrase you'll hear when you first start working for this company. It's a falsehood they'll make you believe until you realise they don't know how to adequately train new recruits.From here, you'll begin to understand that any mistake you make will be recorded so it can be dealt with unfairly at a later date. Don't ask for annual leave, ever. Understand that this is not a normal company and don't apply to work here if you'd like to remain happy. I would rate my experience with zero stars if I could.

Pros

Cons

Micromanaging, Disconnected, Mean.

Excellent Benefits and Career Progression

I absolutely love working for Nick Scali. The team is great, I am constantly challenged and growing and recognized for my hard work. You work hard with Nick Scali but are rewarded with great benefits and a wealth of knowledge. Premium luxury products that you can stand by and have confidence in selling.

Pros

Attractive salary and benefits, good team culture, challenging, career progression and stability.

Cons

Challenging role with high expectations but you are well rewarded for your hard work.

Great Company to work for!

Nick Scali is a great company to work for and can understand why they are a leader in their field. The showroom is beautiful, the people are friendly and helpful and the career and monetary opportunity is definitely there. With uncapped commissions the potential is yours!

Very pushy

Over worked and under paid , no advancement for workers as your just a number . Very pushy and expect a lot out if their workers , no promotion if your good at your job because your only good for one position

School yard mentality from management

If your not consistently writing huge numbers week to week, joining your colleagues in isolating other team members or just laughing at the bosses jokes, you won’t last long!

Worst Place I have ever worked

There is no formal training the team are very competitive and aggressive there is no head office support. No work life balance as you work every weekend and not allowed to take any days for family events. You are forced to work public holidays with a promise of time in leau however when you ask for it you will be declined. This job would suit very lazy people as there is absolutely nothing to do and no growth.

high pressuer sales, high staff turnover

this position did not bring me the joy that I thought it would. I had great expectations when I started at this job and was disappointed consistently. It was deflating.

was bad

they hired me and gave me basically no shifts so i couldnt learn anything which i was subsequently blamed for. so i probably would not recommend them.

It was a nice comfortable place to work.

Upon arriving at work you would walk the showroom to make sure everything was in it place and in presentable condition for sale. Learnt alot about furniture, construction, how it is made, where a lot of our furniture comes from. Most of the management team was really nice, friendly and very helpful. The culture between Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland was really good. We would communicate on a regular basis in regard to floor stock available. The hardest part was the compulsory weekend work full days, so you had no social life. Seeing the look on the customers face when you have helped the select the new furniture for their home.

Pros

Set Salary & commision

Cons

Compulory weekend work with no excusses

Productive good work ethics company

good workplace culture good team work culture, team support is excellent , we all work well together and enjoy sharing information Management is outstanding best I have worked with The worst thing about the job is having to work absolutely every weekend no allowances are made to have a Sunday or a Saturday off. This means you miss out on family weddings etc. Holidays have to be taken when they say and no more than 2 weeks at a time. So going overseas is not possible.

Pros

commission is paid on top of wage

Cons

every weekend

productive, supportive work place

great and supportive management across the board to inspire you to give your best everyday through ongoing mentoring and training. great insight into the furniture industry and the quality products the nick scali provide.

Its ok

Not too bad, Management is a bit funny, I have seen staff changing every month.. Please check online how many jobs advertised on daily basis. Product is good but the service is horrible.

Pros

Salary is paid ontime.

Cons

lots and lots

A small team who managed great success

A typical day is helping people furnish their homes. Work hard, make budget, be rewarded. Beautiful products. Lovely people. I enjoyed immensely how much work I put into every sale. I love fitting out an entire home from theatre rooms, to Living, to Dining. I stayed up on the latest trends in colourings and furnishings and knew how to put it together. I had a very good customer retention and feedback was always positive. I was not pushy, I gained the customers trust and went as far as downloading for my own benefit every Builders Design of homes so when a customer came in to purchase , I knew the floorpan and layout. This way I knew colours and styles that would compliment their new home or existing homes. I miss this the most.

Pros

The Pros are you had an incentive to aim towards, the more you sell the more you were rewarded.

Cons

No Family time, working every weekend. Working every Late night

Opportunities to grow your career

I love the Nick Scali furniture range so it makes my job as a sales consultant very enjoyable! Our weekends in the showroom are hectic but the upside is that we can earn great commissions. It's helps a lot that Nick Scali does so much advertising as it brings the customers in, and I feel a sense of pride when I see the ads as the quality and style of our furniture is fantastic!

Pros

Great commisions, great product and a great team to work with.

Cons

Weekdays can be a bit quiet in the showroom

Fast paced sales environment with amazing progression potential

Understanding the needs of clients and recommending room solutions is the daily run at Nick Scali. If you are willing to put in 110%, there is great potential for personal growth and you have the capacity for solid remuneration. Upper management are supportive and assist in developing a culture that is fast paced and competitive. Every weekend can be a challenge, however this is where the fun is had and earning potential is greatest. The culture and ethos of Nick Scali resonates with me and I have reaped the rewards of my efforts.

Pros

Exceptional personal growth, Great earning potential

Cons

Every weekend at store level

Fantastic work culture- Love it!

I've been with Nick Scali Furniture for 6 months now, and i have to say it is one of the best workplaces i've been a part of. The people in the office are always their to help when needed, and very friendly and open. Hard work is rewarded and you feel appreciated for your contribution to the company. Within my 6 months here, i was promoted into an amazing position and felt very supported through the transition. I've had a great team to go to for advice and direction if i ever need it. On a daily basis i need to coordinate with all Regional Managers, as well as Showrooms Managers which requires you to have amazing time management skills. My direct manager has been very supportive, showed faith in me to succeed, and has been very flexible. Couldn't fault the company, very happy here!

Pros

Career Progression, Support, Beautiful HO, Culture

Great workplace with opportunities to progress

I enjoy working at Nick Scali Furniture in Sales. The product is on trend and an easy sell to our customers. There are opportunities to progress and move around the company and I get to work in a beautiful showroom every day!

Pros

Beautiful product that I find easy to sell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nick Scali Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Nick Scali Furniture