Nick Scali Furniture Employee Reviews

Productive good work ethics company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 March 2019
good workplace culture
good team work culture, team support is excellent , we all work well
together and enjoy sharing information

Management is outstanding best I have worked with

The worst thing about the job is having to work absolutely every
weekend no allowances are made to have a Sunday or a Saturday off. This means you miss out on family weddings etc. Holidays
have to be taken when they say and no more than 2 weeks at a time.
So going overseas is not possible.
Pros
commission is paid on top of wage
Cons
every weekend
productive, supportive work place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba, Qld, AU30 November 2018
great and supportive management across the board to inspire you to give your best everyday through ongoing mentoring and training. great insight into the furniture industry and the quality products the nick scali provide.
Its ok
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD27 August 2018
Not too bad, Management is a bit funny, I have seen staff changing every month.. Please check online how many jobs advertised on daily basis. Product is good but the service is horrible.
Pros
Salary is paid ontime.
Cons
lots and lots
A small team who managed great success
Showroom Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW9 August 2018
A typical day is helping people furnish their homes.
Work hard, make budget, be rewarded.
Beautiful products. Lovely people.
I enjoyed immensely how much work I put into every sale. I love fitting out an entire home from theatre rooms, to Living, to Dining.
I stayed up on the latest trends in colourings and furnishings and knew how to put it together. I had a very good customer retention and feedback was always positive. I was not pushy, I gained the customers trust and went as far as downloading for my own benefit every Builders Design of homes so when a customer came in to purchase , I knew the floorpan and layout.
This way I knew colours and styles that would compliment their new home or existing homes.
I miss this the most.
Pros
The Pros are you had an incentive to aim towards, the more you sell the more you were rewarded.
Cons
No Family time, working every weekend. Working every Late night
Opportunities to grow your career
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 June 2018
I love the Nick Scali furniture range so it makes my job as a sales consultant very enjoyable! Our weekends in the showroom are hectic but the upside is that we can earn great commissions. It's helps a lot that Nick Scali does so much advertising as it brings the customers in, and I feel a sense of pride when I see the ads as the quality and style of our furniture is fantastic!
Pros
Great commisions, great product and a great team to work with.
Cons
Weekdays can be a bit quiet in the showroom
Fast paced sales environment with amazing progression potential
State Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Queensland3 June 2018
Understanding the needs of clients and recommending room solutions is the daily run at Nick Scali. If you are willing to put in 110%, there is great potential for personal growth and you have the capacity for solid remuneration. Upper management are supportive and assist in developing a culture that is fast paced and competitive. Every weekend can be a challenge, however this is where the fun is had and earning potential is greatest. The culture and ethos of Nick Scali resonates with me and I have reaped the rewards of my efforts.
Pros
Exceptional personal growth, Great earning potential
Cons
Every weekend at store level
Fantastic work culture- Love it!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Sydney31 May 2018
I've been with Nick Scali Furniture for 6 months now, and i have to say it is one of the best workplaces i've been a part of.

The people in the office are always their to help when needed, and very friendly and open. Hard work is rewarded and you feel appreciated for your contribution to the company.

Within my 6 months here, i was promoted into an amazing position and felt very supported through the transition. I've had a great team to go to for advice and direction if i ever need it.

On a daily basis i need to coordinate with all Regional Managers, as well as Showrooms Managers which requires you to have amazing time management skills. My direct manager has been very supportive, showed faith in me to succeed, and has been very flexible.

Couldn't fault the company, very happy here!
Pros
Career Progression, Support, Beautiful HO, Culture
Great workplace with opportunities to progress
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 May 2018
I enjoy working at Nick Scali Furniture in Sales. The product is on trend and an easy sell to our customers. There are opportunities to progress and move around the company and I get to work in a beautiful showroom every day!
Pros
Beautiful product that I find easy to sell.
Great workplace for the ambitious
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  North Ryde NSW31 May 2018
They say if you can find a workplace that has at least one of these three things, you lead a happy life:
- Interesting work
- Great culture
- Good pay
I'm glad to say all 3 can be found here for those with the hunger and talent.
Some others might have trouble recognising opportunity, but opportunity is aplenty for those of us who recognise what it looks like and how to take the bull by the horns.
Would highly recommend anyone who wants to jump on board the Nick Scali team to join, as this is a culture for those who enjoy kicking goals and doing so in a good-natured environment.
Pros
Fun people to work with, great attitude
Negative workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 April 2018
Very bad work culture i resigned after working 2 weeks. High turn over in employees. Once you are in the office only motivation is that you need to leave on time. No one takes their break on time and mangement doesn't cares. But if you are late or made a silly mistake you are pulled in the office for a chat. I was trained by someone who was there only for 3 weeks. Very high volume of work but very less time given and if you cannot complete it you stay back and thats not paid.
Pros
Parking available
Cons
Rest everything is bad
Challenging, Creative and fun environment.
Interior Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 March 2018
Challenging, creative and fun environment. Beautiful showroom with contemporary furniture. Great people. Great benefits. Great opportunity for advancement. Very much enjoyed working with clients on interior design projects.
Worst retailer I've worked for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS18 October 2017
Been with the company for two months. Worst two months of my working life. This company knows is all about profit and sales people are just numbers. Very high turn over of staff. Average pay and commission only paid if you meet your target. No warehouse person at our store customer has to pick up and put it in there vehicle staff not allowed to help due to OH&S.

Work every weekend....
Pros
Cons
Negative culture and bugger all support.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jindalee QLD10 August 2017
It can have its rewards but can be slow on quite days...The hardest thing is the late Thursday Nights and Every weekend the enjoyable part is the good friends you make
Dead end
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore, Queensland, Australia5 July 2017
Incredibly negative environment, where you're nothing but a number and the company is always out to short you commission. The back end customer service is atrocious, which makes the role that much more difficult. I take pride in my work, but it was impossible here.
Pros
It was full time work on the sunshine coast
Cons
You're nothing but a number.
Great place to work, they really look after their staff
Manager in training, Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Springvale VIC23 June 2017
I'v been working for Nick Scali for approx 7 months, in these 7 months I have achieved a promotion from sales consultant to Manager in Training in the first 4 months. Great company to work for and room to up skill and grow within the company.
Productive and fun within a small team environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moore Park, Supacenter5 April 2017
Best part was the team I worked with.
Container delays from overseas with a knock on effect to customers
management were fair and genuinely concerned with any store issues raised with them
No balance
NSW Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Lidcombe NSW19 March 2017
Nich Scali is all about profit and not the employees. Being on an award you are owned by the company.I worked in excess of 58 hours a week. Unrealistic expectations and hours with too many unskilled staff.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Long hours and bad management
Full on all through the year
Area Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 August 2016
The company is in the business of residential furniture and has a great track record of showing year

My role at different times is best described as a trouble shooter - to handle areas of the business that require urgent correction - between various stores to heading a division

My highlight during the close to 4 years was winning the award for Campbelltown store ( sofas 2 go - a branch of Nick scali ) - Local Business Award

The best part of my day at work revolves around my teams success

The hardest part is not being with family and friends on the weekends
Pros
well paid and comfortable working environment
Cons
Weekend work - every weekend 52 weeks of the year
Fun working place with alot off great team member's and management
Store Person (Current Employee) –  Dandenong South VIC4 February 2016
I like working at Nick Scali furniture I enjoyed the work and the people there. But there wasn't any room for advancing in the company. I have been with Nick Scali furniture for over a year now and have had three opportunities for advancement and management decided to hire outside rather within
Pros
helping customers, building units
Cons
Management, no room for advancement
i love to sell ! !
Manager in training / Assitant manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs, NSW17 August 2015
in a typical day, I attend to customer in my very detailed and passionate manner, store presentation, order follow up with some mentoring and staff management.
Pros
salary
Cons
company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nick Scali Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Nick Scali Furniture Reviews by Location