Nick Scali Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nick Scali Furniture Employee Reviews

Australia27 reviews
If your not consistently writing huge numbers week to week, joining your colleagues in isolating other team members or just laughing at the bosses jokes, you won’t last long!
Over worked and under paid , no advancement for workers as your just a number . Very pushy and expect a lot out if their workers , no promotion if your good at your job because your only good for one position
There is no formal training the team are very competitive and aggressive there is no head office support.
No work life balance as you work every weekend and not allowed to take any days for family events.

You are forced to work public holidays with a promise of time in leau however when you ask for it you will be declined.

This job would suit very lazy people as there is absolutely nothing to do and no growth.
this position did not bring me the joy that I thought it would. I had great expectations when I started at this job and was disappointed consistently. It was deflating.
they hired me and gave me basically no shifts so i couldnt learn anything which i was subsequently blamed for. so i probably would not recommend them.
Upon arriving at work you would walk the showroom to make sure everything was in it place and in presentable condition for sale.

Learnt alot about furniture, construction, how it is made, where a lot of our furniture comes from.

Most of the management team was really nice, friendly and very helpful.

The culture between Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland was really good. We would communicate on a regular basis in regard to floor stock available.

The hardest part was the compulsory weekend work full days, so you had no social life.

Seeing the look on the customers face when you have helped the select the new furniture for their home.
Pros
Set Salary & commision
Cons
Compulory weekend work with no excusses
good workplace culture
good team work culture, team support is excellent , we all work well

together and enjoy sharing information

Management is outstanding best I have worked with

The worst thing about the job is having to work absolutely every

weekend no allowances are made to have a Sunday or a Saturday off. This means you miss out on family weddings etc. Holidays

have to be taken when they say and no more than 2 weeks at a time.

So going overseas is not possible.
Pros
commission is paid on top of wage
Cons
every weekend
great and supportive management across the board to inspire you to give your best everyday through ongoing mentoring and training. great insight into the furniture industry and the quality products the nick scali provide.
Not too bad, Management is a bit funny, I have seen staff changing every month.. Please check online how many jobs advertised on daily basis. Product is good but the service is horrible.
Pros
Salary is paid ontime.
Cons
lots and lots
A typical day is helping people furnish their homes.
Work hard, make budget, be rewarded.

Beautiful products. Lovely people.

I enjoyed immensely how much work I put into every sale. I love fitting out an entire home from theatre rooms, to Living, to Dining.

I stayed up on the latest trends in colourings and furnishings and knew how to put it together. I had a very good customer retention and feedback was always positive. I was not pushy, I gained the customers trust and went as far as downloading for my own benefit every Builders Design of homes so when a customer came in to purchase , I knew the floorpan and layout.

This way I knew colours and styles that would compliment their new home or existing homes.

I miss this the most.
Pros
The Pros are you had an incentive to aim towards, the more you sell the more you were rewarded.
Cons
No Family time, working every weekend. Working every Late night
I love the Nick Scali furniture range so it makes my job as a sales consultant very enjoyable! Our weekends in the showroom are hectic but the upside is that we can earn great commissions. It's helps a lot that Nick Scali does so much advertising as it brings the customers in, and I feel a sense of pride when I see the ads as the quality and style of our furniture is fantastic!
Pros
Great commisions, great product and a great team to work with.
Cons
Weekdays can be a bit quiet in the showroom
Understanding the needs of clients and recommending room solutions is the daily run at Nick Scali. If you are willing to put in 110%, there is great potential for personal growth and you have the capacity for solid remuneration. Upper management are supportive and assist in developing a culture that is fast paced and competitive. Every weekend can be a challenge, however this is where the fun is had and earning potential is greatest. The culture and ethos of Nick Scali resonates with me and I have reaped the rewards of my efforts.
Pros
Exceptional personal growth, Great earning potential
Cons
Every weekend at store level
I've been with Nick Scali Furniture for 6 months now, and i have to say it is one of the best workplaces i've been a part of.

The people in the office are always their to help when needed, and very friendly and open. Hard work is rewarded and you feel appreciated for your contribution to the company.

Within my 6 months here, i was promoted into an amazing position and felt very supported through the transition. I've had a great team to go to for advice and direction if i ever need it.

On a daily basis i need to coordinate with all Regional Managers, as well as Showrooms Managers which requires you to have amazing time management skills. My direct manager has been very supportive, showed faith in me to succeed, and has been very flexible.

Couldn't fault the company, very happy here!
Pros
Career Progression, Support, Beautiful HO, Culture
I enjoy working at Nick Scali Furniture in Sales. The product is on trend and an easy sell to our customers. There are opportunities to progress and move around the company and I get to work in a beautiful showroom every day!
Pros
Beautiful product that I find easy to sell.
They say if you can find a workplace that has at least one of these three things, you lead a happy life:
- Interesting work

- Great culture

- Good pay

I'm glad to say all 3 can be found here for those with the hunger and talent.

Some others might have trouble recognising opportunity, but opportunity is aplenty for those of us who recognise what it looks like and how to take the bull by the horns.

Would highly recommend anyone who wants to jump on board the Nick Scali team to join, as this is a culture for those who enjoy kicking goals and doing so in a good-natured environment.
Pros
Fun people to work with, great attitude
Cons
Very bad work culture i resigned after working 2 weeks. High turn over in employees. Once you are in the office only motivation is that you need to leave on time. No one takes their break on time and mangement doesn't cares. But if you are late or made a silly mistake you are pulled in the office for a chat. I was trained by someone who was there only for 3 weeks. Very high volume of work but very less time given and if you cannot complete it you stay back and thats not paid.
Pros
Parking available
Cons
Rest everything is bad
Challenging, creative and fun environment. Beautiful showroom with contemporary furniture. Great people. Great benefits. Great opportunity for advancement. Very much enjoyed working with clients on interior design projects.
Been with the company for two months. Worst two months of my working life. This company knows is all about profit and sales people are just numbers. Very high turn over of staff. Average pay and commission only paid if you meet your target. No warehouse person at our store customer has to pick up and put it in there vehicle staff not allowed to help due to OH&S.

Work every weekend....
Pros
Cons
Negative culture and bugger all support.
It can have its rewards but can be slow on quite days...The hardest thing is the late Thursday Nights and Every weekend the enjoyable part is the good friends you make
Incredibly negative environment, where you're nothing but a number and the company is always out to short you commission. The back end customer service is atrocious, which makes the role that much more difficult. I take pride in my work, but it was impossible here.
Pros
It was full time work on the sunshine coast
Cons
You're nothing but a number.
I'v been working for Nick Scali for approx 7 months, in these 7 months I have achieved a promotion from sales consultant to Manager in Training in the first 4 months. Great company to work for and room to up skill and grow within the company.