Nick Scali Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nick Scali Furniture Management reviews

Upon arriving at work you would walk the showroom to make sure everything was in it place and in presentable condition for sale. Learnt alot about furniture, construction, how it is made, where a lot of our furniture comes from. Most of the management team was really nice, friendly and very helpful. The culture between Joondalup, Osborne Park and Midland was really good. We would communicate on a regular basis in regard to floor stock available. The hardest part was the compulsory weekend work full days, so you had no social life. Seeing the look on the customers face when you have helped the select the new furniture for their home.
Pros
Set Salary & commision
Cons
Compulory weekend work with no excusses
good workplace culture good team work culture, team support is excellent , we all work well together and enjoy sharing information Management is outstanding best I have worked with The worst thing about the job is having to work absolutely every weekend no allowances are made to have a Sunday or a Saturday off. This means you miss out on family weddings etc. Holidays have to be taken when they say and no more than 2 weeks at a time. So going overseas is not possible.
Pros
commission is paid on top of wage
Cons
every weekend
great and supportive management across the board to inspire you to give your best everyday through ongoing mentoring and training. great insight into the furniture industry and the quality products the nick scali provide.
Not too bad, Management is a bit funny, I have seen staff changing every month.. Please check online how many jobs advertised on daily basis. Product is good but the service is horrible.
Pros
Salary is paid ontime.
Cons
lots and lots
Understanding the needs of clients and recommending room solutions is the daily run at Nick Scali. If you are willing to put in 110%, there is great potential for personal growth and you have the capacity for solid remuneration. Upper management are supportive and assist in developing a culture that is fast paced and competitive. Every weekend can be a challenge, however this is where the fun is had and earning potential is greatest. The culture and ethos of Nick Scali resonates with me and I have reaped the rewards of my efforts.
Pros
Exceptional personal growth, Great earning potential
Cons
Every weekend at store level
I've been with Nick Scali Furniture for 6 months now, and i have to say it is one of the best workplaces i've been a part of. The people in the office are always their to help when needed, and very friendly and open. Hard work is rewarded and you feel appreciated for your contribution to the company. Within my 6 months here, i was promoted into an amazing position and felt very supported through the transition. I've had a great team to go to for advice and direction if i ever need it. On a daily basis i need to coordinate with all Regional Managers, as well as Showrooms Managers which requires you to have amazing time management skills. My direct manager has been very supportive, showed faith in me to succeed, and has been very flexible. Couldn't fault the company, very happy here!
Pros
Career Progression, Support, Beautiful HO, Culture
Very bad work culture i resigned after working 2 weeks. High turn over in employees. Once you are in the office only motivation is that you need to leave on time. No one takes their break on time and mangement doesn't cares. But if you are late or made a silly mistake you are pulled in the office for a chat. I was trained by someone who was there only for 3 weeks. Very high volume of work but very less time given and if you cannot complete it you stay back and thats not paid.
Pros
Parking available
Cons
Rest everything is bad
Best part was the team I worked with. Container delays from overseas with a knock on effect to customers management were fair and genuinely concerned with any store issues raised with them
Nich Scali is all about profit and not the employees. Being on an award you are owned by the company.I worked in excess of 58 hours a week. Unrealistic expectations and hours with too many unskilled staff.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Long hours and bad management
I like working at Nick Scali furniture I enjoyed the work and the people there. But there wasn't any room for advancing in the company. I have been with Nick Scali furniture for over a year now and have had three opportunities for advancement and management decided to hire outside rather within
Pros
helping customers, building units
Cons
Management, no room for advancement
in a typical day, I attend to customer in my very detailed and passionate manner, store presentation, order follow up with some mentoring and staff management.
Pros
salary
Cons
company culture
The staff were awful. They always found something about you to pick on. The manners in the work place were shocking. The boss never appreciated the work done by the employees. This company loved to send out faulty goods and claim them as "new" products and would hide the imperfections on the products as customers came to pick them up. Safety also wasn't much of a concern in this work place. As long as the product was fine they wouldn't care. If you are injured at work, they'll mention they WILL fire you if you claim work cover.