Nick Scali Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nick Scali Furniture Work–Life Balance reviews

good workplace culture good team work culture, team support is excellent , we all work well together and enjoy sharing information Management is outstanding best I have worked with The worst thing about the job is having to work absolutely every weekend no allowances are made to have a Sunday or a Saturday off. This means you miss out on family weddings etc. Holidays have to be taken when they say and no more than 2 weeks at a time. So going overseas is not possible.
Pros
commission is paid on top of wage
Cons
every weekend
I absolutely love working for Nick Scali. The team is great, I am constantly challenged and growing and recognized for my hard work. You work hard with Nick Scali but are rewarded with great benefits and a wealth of knowledge. Premium luxury products that you can stand by and have confidence in selling.
Pros
Attractive salary and benefits, good team culture, challenging, career progression and stability.
Cons
Challenging role with high expectations but you are well rewarded for your hard work.
Nick Scali is a great company to work for and can understand why they are a leader in their field. The showroom is beautiful, the people are friendly and helpful and the career and monetary opportunity is definitely there. With uncapped commissions the potential is yours!
There is no formal training the team are very competitive and aggressive there is no head office support. No work life balance as you work every weekend and not allowed to take any days for family events. You are forced to work public holidays with a promise of time in leau however when you ask for it you will be declined. This job would suit very lazy people as there is absolutely nothing to do and no growth.
A typical day is helping people furnish their homes. Work hard, make budget, be rewarded. Beautiful products. Lovely people. I enjoyed immensely how much work I put into every sale. I love fitting out an entire home from theatre rooms, to Living, to Dining. I stayed up on the latest trends in colourings and furnishings and knew how to put it together. I had a very good customer retention and feedback was always positive. I was not pushy, I gained the customers trust and went as far as downloading for my own benefit every Builders Design of homes so when a customer came in to purchase , I knew the floorpan and layout. This way I knew colours and styles that would compliment their new home or existing homes. I miss this the most.
Pros
The Pros are you had an incentive to aim towards, the more you sell the more you were rewarded.
Cons
No Family time, working every weekend. Working every Late night
I love the Nick Scali furniture range so it makes my job as a sales consultant very enjoyable! Our weekends in the showroom are hectic but the upside is that we can earn great commissions. It's helps a lot that Nick Scali does so much advertising as it brings the customers in, and I feel a sense of pride when I see the ads as the quality and style of our furniture is fantastic!
Pros
Great commisions, great product and a great team to work with.
Cons
Weekdays can be a bit quiet in the showroom
Understanding the needs of clients and recommending room solutions is the daily run at Nick Scali. If you are willing to put in 110%, there is great potential for personal growth and you have the capacity for solid remuneration. Upper management are supportive and assist in developing a culture that is fast paced and competitive. Every weekend can be a challenge, however this is where the fun is had and earning potential is greatest. The culture and ethos of Nick Scali resonates with me and I have reaped the rewards of my efforts.
Pros
Exceptional personal growth, Great earning potential
Cons
Every weekend at store level
I've been with Nick Scali Furniture for 6 months now, and i have to say it is one of the best workplaces i've been a part of. The people in the office are always their to help when needed, and very friendly and open. Hard work is rewarded and you feel appreciated for your contribution to the company. Within my 6 months here, i was promoted into an amazing position and felt very supported through the transition. I've had a great team to go to for advice and direction if i ever need it. On a daily basis i need to coordinate with all Regional Managers, as well as Showrooms Managers which requires you to have amazing time management skills. My direct manager has been very supportive, showed faith in me to succeed, and has been very flexible. Couldn't fault the company, very happy here!
Pros
Career Progression, Support, Beautiful HO, Culture
I enjoy working at Nick Scali Furniture in Sales. The product is on trend and an easy sell to our customers. There are opportunities to progress and move around the company and I get to work in a beautiful showroom every day!
Pros
Beautiful product that I find easy to sell.
They say if you can find a workplace that has at least one of these three things, you lead a happy life: - Interesting work - Great culture - Good pay I'm glad to say all 3 can be found here for those with the hunger and talent. Some others might have trouble recognising opportunity, but opportunity is aplenty for those of us who recognise what it looks like and how to take the bull by the horns. Would highly recommend anyone who wants to jump on board the Nick Scali team to join, as this is a culture for those who enjoy kicking goals and doing so in a good-natured environment.
Pros
Fun people to work with, great attitude
Cons
It can have its rewards but can be slow on quite days...The hardest thing is the late Thursday Nights and Every weekend the enjoyable part is the good friends you make
I'v been working for Nick Scali for approx 7 months, in these 7 months I have achieved a promotion from sales consultant to Manager in Training in the first 4 months. Great company to work for and room to up skill and grow within the company.
Nich Scali is all about profit and not the employees. Being on an award you are owned by the company.I worked in excess of 58 hours a week. Unrealistic expectations and hours with too many unskilled staff.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Long hours and bad management
I like working at Nick Scali furniture I enjoyed the work and the people there. But there wasn't any room for advancing in the company. I have been with Nick Scali furniture for over a year now and have had three opportunities for advancement and management decided to hire outside rather within
Pros
helping customers, building units
Cons
Management, no room for advancement