Nielsen Employee Reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,253 reviews
Only certain people make it here
Executive (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW11 December 2018
I had worked at The Nielsen Company for 10+ years and I would only recommend them if you are looking for lots of pressure, work and long hours with minimal support and low pay.

The office environment is relaxed for the most part which is nice. Most of the people are friendly as well so you quickly get to know your coworkers. Management is always changing and everyone has a different style that you constantly need to get used to. With one manager you could be the bees knees and the next will be threatening you with performance management. It's not seamless.

There is a workplace culture of bullying and discrimination in certain teams and in my case at least, also blatant lying by senior managers regarding complaints against you, pay rises and promotions. You can be promised anything to keep you working for it. Going up the chain of command about these kinds of unethical practices is unlikely to afford you any meaningful outcome. If you need your job, you're better off keeping your mouth shut.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements depending on the role
Cons
Low pay, no career progression, bullying is not taken seriously
productive and lovely environment
Jr statistics execute (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 November 2017
Usually people can get work 9 : 00 am that's really good, because people is free about your work. In addition people is happy in there.

That is why the company give the opportunity you put your opinion for improving the duties.

In general the company is well. Unfortunately I couldn't keep working with them but if in the future I have the opportunity again, I could be work with Nielsen.

Thanks.
Pros
free lunchs
Self managing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tamworth Municipality NSW13 November 2017
Manage own appointments and scheduling inline with priorities based responses. Vehicle, laptop and mobile telephone is provided. Some flexibility but limited by area manager abilities.
Pros
Self managing
Cons
Lot of driving with little recognition
Good Company to work for
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 October 2017
Overall Nielsen is a good company to work with. Company culture is really good.

If you are looking for work life balance then it depends under which team/manager you are working with. It is not always flexible.

You will get to learn a lot from Nielsen.
great workplace
Trade Assistant/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Spearwood WA15 March 2017
was probably the most fulfiling of my jobs, the crew was all quality and the boss was a true gentleman who knw who to get things done. i felt a valued part of the team and enjoyed every day of the place.
Salary was awesome
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA2 April 2016
I learned a lot from my leading hand and coworkers, being a electrician and being hired as a communications technician i was great full for the opportunity to learn new skills.
Pros
People i worked with.
Cons
Some worker moral
Fun working place with dynamic culture
Client Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC14 December 2015
Survey Results Analysis and Database Maintenance

Liaison with automotive dealerships in regards to sales service surveys across all suburbs in States of Victoria
Fantastic
Estimating Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA20 September 2015
Great place to work with supportive management, plenty of diversity in different areas within the industry, commercial, industrial, mining, oil and gas, company has grown since joining 15 years ago
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Flexible
A global experience aimed at making a difference
Executive Director, Global Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  North Ryde21 July 2015
Nielsen is an academic company that promotes a global culture of tolerance and quality for both the employee and their clients. My years at Nielsen were some of the best professional growth years having travelled the world with an objective of improving operation and employee opportunities. Nielsen encourage sustained quality environments and consistent personal and professional growth and development.
Pros
Career development and successful global improvement projects
Cons
significant outsource strategies depleted job securities
Open to change & supportive company
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 May 2015
The Nielsen Company is always open to change & cost reductions, I was there for 12 years I supported various departments, Media Research, Consumer Research and Global Operations. Some of my teams were 30+ members. The hardest part was working extremely long hours, the most rewarding part was in doing the long hours you were rewarded.
Academy company with great Leaders
Television and Consumer panel Lead Asia - Pacific (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 December 2014
Engage people and Stakeholders across markets and cultures.
Review KPI - Financial, Quality & Productivity.
Learn something new - read, webinar, shared story.
Project updates and 1on1 calls.
Pros
Work remotely
always varied, never boring and plenty of freedom.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  variious locations28 January 2014
My jobs were always interesting and varied. I particularly enjoyed the travel to various destinations, interviewing managers and business owners which meant I had the privilege of meeting people from all walks of life and even made lasting friendships with some.

The plus of my other work (for the same company) was that I was in air conditioning, and in different shopping centres.

Our supervisor was a man that earned our respect by the way he treated and spoke to us. He was always willing to help, he always listened and pitched in when needed.

Being on the road most of the time, I didn't get to catch up with my co-workers except at our Christmas party, as we all lived in different areas.

Although being stuck in traffic isn't the most pleasant of experiences, I had the opportunity to listen to my collection of music to make the time go by.
Great job exasperating management
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA10 January 2014
Knocking on 100-200 doors each day, driving half an hour each day, walking 4 hours a day, working till it gets dark.
Learned how to respond to all types of householders.
My work was all SELF managed.
Those that I got to meet and who stayed the distance were great.
Reconciling my completion of data with the expectations of management.
Meeting people and getting paid to exercise.
Pros
Paid to exercise
Cons
Company to learn basics of switchboard manufacture
Leading Hand Electrician (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA16 September 2013
Nilsen (WA) is a workshop based company, which teaches the basics of switchboard manufacture.
Career ladder movement is minimal, and basically non-existant.
Workshop rules and regulations are strict and made up 'on the spot'.
good after hours activities
electrician (Current Employee) –  pilbara11 October 2012
work proffessionally and in a safe manner,look after your co-workers,stay hydrated and come home safe.
Pros
meeting new collegues
Cons
heat