Nielsen
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Management reviews

Australia17 reviews
No place is perfect. as a plain job this is a good place to work, but you'll be on your phone a lot. If that's something you're okay with this will work for you, if you need to separate work and home you could have some trouble.
I had worked at The Nielsen Company for 10+ years and I would only recommend them if you are looking for lots of pressure, work and long hours with minimal support and low pay.

The office environment is relaxed for the most part which is nice. Most of the people are friendly as well so you quickly get to know your coworkers.
Management is always changing and everyone has a different style that you constantly need to get used to. With one manager you could be the bees knees and the next will be threatening you with performance management. It's not seamless.

There is a workplace culture of bullying and discrimination in certain teams and in my case at least, also blatant lying by senior managers regarding complaints against you, pay rises and promotions. You can be promised anything to keep you working for it. Going up the chain of command about these kinds of unethical practices is unlikely to afford you any meaningful outcome. If you need your job, you're better off keeping your mouth shut.
Pros
Flexible working arrangements depending on the role
Cons
Low pay, no career progression, bullying is not taken seriously
Great place to work with supportive management, plenty of diversity in different areas within the industry, commercial, industrial, mining, oil and gas, company has grown since joining 15 years ago
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Flexible
Knocking on 100-200 doors each day, driving half an hour each day, walking 4 hours a day, working till it gets dark.
Learned how to respond to all types of householders.

My work was all SELF managed.

Those that I got to meet and who stayed the distance were great.

Reconciling my completion of data with the expectations of management.
Meeting people and getting paid to exercise.
Pros
Paid to exercise
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nielsen?