Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Nike Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
It is a great place to work.
Good hours, friendly team members.

Rotated areas of working inside the shop.

I learnt a lot of knowledge on different nike products which made it very beneficial to relate back to the consumers.
Extremely nice co workers, Fun place to work
Passionate about sport and this is the perfect place to work in an environment all about benefiting athletes.
I learned so much about the different benefits of each item of clothing and shoe styles.

I loved sharing my knowledge with customers while creating relationships with everyone who walked through the doors.
Good Culture
Good culture and friendly staff. The KPIs are competitive and you need to make sure you are always on top of your people in order to make a sale. I would recommend working here.
Great work environment
Working at Nike was really fun and engaging, each day presented a new challenge and learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on peoples faces after they had finished their experience in store and the workplace culture was chill and everyone had a great time and helped each other when needed
Good work experience
Typical day had the focus on customer service and sales. Doing all the merchandising, stocktaking and pricing, opening and closing store at start or end of work day and maintenance/ cleaning.
Great training and career progression
Nike provide great work ethics from the very beginning. As an employee, you're trained to be a brand ambassador as well as a sales representative. Nike provide reasonable KPI structures throughout the team and are always flexible and considerate to your lifestyle.
You're never left bored and always learning on the go.
Productive and good environment
My most recent experience in a sales role was at Nike Sydney City. The position I held was of a sales assistant. During my time at Nike, I gained valuable sales experience in selling sporting products and engaging in constant teamwork.
Pros
Discount
Supportive Team
The Athletes are super supportive and the workplace culture is one based around kindness, support, hardwork and respect. Though it can get extremely stressful in terms of customers and volume of customers in the store at one given time, its a rewarding job.
Pros
Discount
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nike?
Good company, some weak managers like all corps.
Good company, great culture.
Good focus on consumers.

Great progression and planning process.

some weak managers like all corps. Directors promoted because
Boring
Team at Nike Southland is catty and focus on statistics rather than making budget, too focused on selling a 3 pairs of socks and a tee shirt for $100 instead of one pair of shoes for $280 so that management seeing good UPT (units per transaction)
Cons
Boring and sassy/catty staff
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed working at Nike, however was let go due to my outside sporting commitments.
We were always learning about the latest products and had a great team atmosphere.
Productive and energetic work environment.
Nike provided online training and development within the organization. Team based company that was fast paced and fun. Nike enhanced communicational skills and assisted in character building.
Fun environment to work in.
Amazing team members, Great first job for someone to experience in retail. Real great job for someone who is studying you get to choose your availability and you can pick up a lot of shifts but no overtime.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No overtime.
Great work environment
Had a great time working with Nike. They used to have great benefits and it created a great atmosphere. They then reduced the benefits and became very strict on allowing discounts (outlet) and the morale quickly diminished.
Management was very unstable
Overall experience was fun although i did experience bullying within the workplace and that affected the stability of my metal health. It was only a bad experience during my time, thought I'm sure it would be lovely to work there again.
Pros
Discounted Nike products
Cons
Uniform is Nike apparel so salary must constantly go towards new clothes
Nice workplace with supportive management
It was nice to be a part of a big brand name NIKE. I gained my inventory skills at Nike. I learned about stock put away, finding faults in the product, replenishment stock, cycle count, other inventory duties.
The management was really helpful and supportive. Other team members were supportive.

The hardest part of the job is that they didn't have a lot of over time.

Every day and each part of the job were enjoyable.
Good working environment
Nike Marion is very typically like any retail job except you're working for the biggest sporting company in the world. The products are exceptional and the technology behind everything is out of this world.
Pros
Its Nike
Cons
Limited working hours
Boring
Not much to do during the week - any tasks delegated and performed are not recognised. Extremely sales based for performance - no regard to any other work or effort put into the business.
Easy place to work.
Its easy place to work. Two hour job. Cleaning store, shoping area and the kitchen. In addition to that dusting is required. I like this job becouse its very easy.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Less salary
An okay place to work
Been working at nike for over 7 months and I have to say the work environment is really good. The team members you work with are awesome but some managers are a bit of a pain. The pay is alright, it is a standard retail pay with weekend rates. however the amount of hours you get at work will all depend on how much sale you are making. That however will make a lot of people stressed and look for a second job if you don't meet that sale target. Working at Nike they expect you to love the brand. If you are someone who likes other brand more than nike (like me), you may find yourself to have conflicts with some of your managers as some of them are die hard nike fans. The benefits aren't amazing, depending on which franchise you work for, RPG offers you 30% staff discount and generous amount of uniform voucher and Af1 offers just staff discount. please note that staff discounts only apply on items that are not limited and not on top of discounted items. So Vapormax, Jordans etc are not included. It is not amazing since competitors like adidas offer 50%.
Pros
generous Pay, amazing team
Cons
short hours, individual sale targets, benefits aren't amazing
Great culture
Fun and energetic environment with inbuilt store, office skate park and various entertainment (ping pong/ fuse ball table).

Culture drives results. Diversity excepting, Nike empowers a strong work life balance, with the added ongoing encouragement of health and fitness.