Nine West
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nine West Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Manger Salary is really bad. too much responsibility for nothing. keep Too many bad managers in company just because they can not find the right person.
Worked for Nine West, and found out quickly that the management above me very clearly had favourites, and made work very difficult for those who were not part of that select group. Management above me was toxic, and would not take the time to help you develop your skills. Ended up having to leave because the hostility and cattiness caused me to have a nervous breakdown.
my favourite job.
i love working here, definitely recommend

so much flexibility

great incentives

nice people

great coworkers

good environment

easy to sell shoes
Pros
staff discount
Cons
too far from me
- Builds effective relationships; communicates effectively; recognises and values others; adopts a professional approach
- Delivers Quality; is passionate about consistently delivering high-quality customer service

- Results Focused - maintains focus; demonstrates commitment;

- Maximises Business Opportunities - improves processes; supports and initiates change; effective decision making; demonstrates awareness of market trends

- Personal Leadership - acts with integrity; develops self and others; influences others.
was hired as a casual, then fired within 3 months. I was awarded sales person of the month multiple times and always exceeded daily budgets. The had to make cuts and I was fired and then rehired. A new manager was brought in and she was horrible, she made me sit on a char while she sat on a table and yelled at me. I left because of how she bullied me.
Pros
ok money and loved the location and customers
Cons
poor management no job security, hostile enironment
I developed skills in visual merchandising, getting to know the needs of customers and communicating with my peers to provide a memorable experience for shoppers.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Slow paced, minimal customers
Nine West is an extremely pleasant environment to work in. The staff are respectful and helpful. Working in such an environment teaches responsibility, organisation and communication and customer service skills.
The only reason why I stayed in this company for as long as I did is because I enjoyed the people I had worked with. The management of this company do not support you at all, and they do not care for your growth or your well-being.
My team was absolutely lovely, they were the best part of my working day! However, management was quite poor. I didn't have a manager at all the first year of me working for Nine West, and during this time we were all casuals who were made to fill in paper work and organise the roster. When a manager was hired, it was decided that they wanted to minimise the number of casuals down to 1 (from 4) and and instead have 3 part timers alongside the manager. This left us feeling replaceable and meaningless in a job we'd worked hard in.
Pros
Great team, Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, difficult customers, no advancement opportunities
Being a Christmas casual I wasn't given shifts for weeks. The working environment is average. They expect you to know everything the moment you step into the store. They wouldn't even take the time to explain things to you properly.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nine West?
I enjoyed working for Nine west, great brand and easy to sell. I worked in a concession stand in a department store so got to meet alot of nice people.
One of the best company's i have ever worked for. Great discounts, great people and great head office staff.

If you love shoes and customer service this is the place to be.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
You spend all your money on shoes :)
Overall I gained a lot of new skills and knowledge from working for Nine West. It was an incredible experience to work there.
Nine West was a business specialising in Ladies fashion of shoes and accessories. A typical day was full on customer service and creating the need with a multi buy purchase buying to meet our KPI expectations. I learned how to complete style ladies fashion and go the extra mile, I loved the event set up’s with fashion modelling with Fashion Stylists for the Westfield Live Events. My strong team of co-workers were exceptional and the NINE WEST store at Kotara was sitting at number 2 in the company from 15 within the 18 months of my managing this store. I cannot say there was anything hard about the job as the business ran smoothly, efficiently and effectively.
Everyday was a new day, new stock, new consignments, new images and styling to work with. We as a store were very successful and my Senior Management team were very happy with our results.
Pros
Customer Satisfaction, New styles, Visual Marketing & Merchandising
Cons
Stocktaking
In my short time at Nine west, I felt very welcomed and all the staff were very friendly.
Nine West is a great company to work for.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
working some weekends
Nine West is such a beautiful fun place to work, all the staff are friends and we get along really well.
Most of the work you do at Nine West is basically dealing with customers, helping them with shoe fittings and giving them feedback on what style/colour works for them and with what outfits.

We really go beyond the call of duty for our customers and we build great repoire with them which gets them coming back to our store.

The hardest part of working at Nine West is that the days are unpredictable, some days are very busy which is fantastic and other days are really quiet which can get quite boring but there's no shortage of things to do in the store.

I really enjoy coming to work because it is such a friendly working environment and the people you deal with (customers) are all really lovely, which makes it very easy to come to work.
Pros
flexible hours/lunch times
Cons
being a casual you may work a lot of hours one week and none the next, i prefer something more stable.