Nine West

19: Nine West Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Lack of support

The management team is based over East so you don't get any supportBecause they don't know the staff well they cannot promote from withinOnly one manned store left in wa

Pros

The team

Cons

No support from head office

High expectations, absent management and a whole lot of drama

Poorly made product for just under $200 a pair. Area managers pass the buck and are mostly absent. Your soul will be suffocated here. Pointless sales all the time

Stimolante

Ho lavorato per 4 mesi a Sydney mi sono trovato benissimo ,Bellissimo team ,Un esperienza unica

Toxic Work Environment

Worked for Nine West, and found out quickly that the management above me very clearly had favourites, and made work very difficult for those who were not part of that select group. Management above me was toxic, and would not take the time to help you develop your skills. Ended up having to leave because the hostility and cattiness caused me to have a nervous breakdown.

love working here

my favourite job. i love working here, definitely recommend so much flexibility great incentives nice people great coworkers good environment easy to sell shoes

Pros

staff discount

Cons

too far from me

Love it

- Builds effective relationships; communicates effectively; recognises and values others; adopts a professional approach - Delivers Quality; is passionate about consistently delivering high-quality customer service - Results Focused - maintains focus; demonstrates commitment; - Maximises Business Opportunities - improves processes; supports and initiates change; effective decision making; demonstrates awareness of market trends - Personal Leadership - acts with integrity; develops self and others; influences others.

unsecure job

was hired as a casual, then fired within 3 months. I was awarded sales person of the month multiple times and always exceeded daily budgets. The had to make cuts and I was fired and then rehired. A new manager was brought in and she was horrible, she made me sit on a char while she sat on a table and yelled at me. I left because of how she bullied me.

Pros

ok money and loved the location and customers

Cons

poor management no job security, hostile enironment

Slow moving workplace with poor communication

I developed skills in visual merchandising, getting to know the needs of customers and communicating with my peers to provide a memorable experience for shoppers.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

Slow paced, minimal customers

company strategy is weak

Manger Salary is really bad. too much responsibility for nothing. keep Too many bad managers in company just because they can not find the right person.

Fun workplace

Nine West is an extremely pleasant environment to work in. The staff are respectful and helpful. Working in such an environment teaches responsibility, organisation and communication and customer service skills.

Poor management, poor environment

The only reason why I stayed in this company for as long as I did is because I enjoyed the people I had worked with. The management of this company do not support you at all, and they do not care for your growth or your well-being.

My team was lovely, management was not

My team was absolutely lovely, they were the best part of my working day! However, management was quite poor. I didn't have a manager at all the first year of me working for Nine West, and during this time we were all casuals who were made to fill in paper work and organise the roster. When a manager was hired, it was decided that they wanted to minimise the number of casuals down to 1 (from 4) and and instead have 3 part timers alongside the manager. This left us feeling replaceable and meaningless in a job we'd worked hard in.

Pros

Great team, Flexible hours

Cons

Poor management, difficult customers, no advancement opportunities

Wouldn't give enough shifts

Being a Christmas casual I wasn't given shifts for weeks. The working environment is average. They expect you to know everything the moment you step into the store. They wouldn't even take the time to explain things to you properly.

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working for Nine west, great brand and easy to sell. I worked in a concession stand in a department store so got to meet alot of nice people.

Amazing place to work

One of the best company's i have ever worked for. Great discounts, great people and great head office staff. If you love shoes and customer service this is the place to be.

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

You spend all your money on shoes :)

Fun workplace

Overall I gained a lot of new skills and knowledge from working for Nine West. It was an incredible experience to work there.

Fun, Exciting, Making people Happy

Nine West was a business specialising in Ladies fashion of shoes and accessories. A typical day was full on customer service and creating the need with a multi buy purchase buying to meet our KPI expectations. I learned how to complete style ladies fashion and go the extra mile, I loved the event set up’s with fashion modelling with Fashion Stylists for the Westfield Live Events. My strong team of co-workers were exceptional and the NINE WEST store at Kotara was sitting at number 2 in the company from 15 within the 18 months of my managing this store. I cannot say there was anything hard about the job as the business ran smoothly, efficiently and effectively. Everyday was a new day, new stock, new consignments, new images and styling to work with. We as a store were very successful and my Senior Management team were very happy with our results.

Pros

Customer Satisfaction, New styles, Visual Marketing & Merchandising

Cons

Stocktaking

Fun place to work

In my short time at Nine west, I felt very welcomed and all the staff were very friendly. Nine West is a great company to work for.

Pros

40% discount

Cons

working some weekends

Fun happy place to work, beautiful staff

Nine West is such a beautiful fun place to work, all the staff are friends and we get along really well.Most of the work you do at Nine West is basically dealing with customers, helping them with shoe fittings and giving them feedback on what style/colour works for them and with what outfits.We really go beyond the call of duty for our customers and we build great repoire with them which gets them coming back to our store.The hardest part of working at Nine West is that the days are unpredictable, some days are very busy which is fantastic and other days are really quiet which can get quite boring but there's no shortage of things to do in the store.I really enjoy coming to work because it is such a friendly working environment and the people you deal with (customers) are all really lovely, which makes it very easy to come to work.

Pros

flexible hours/lunch times

Cons

being a casual you may work a lot of hours one week and none the next, i prefer something more stable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nine West. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Nine West in popular locations