Nokia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nokia Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
Very focused on costs all while deploying advanced technologies.

Line Managers are mostly good that try to push you to allow you to grow.

Lots of flexibility, but if you are in a regional or a global role expect to work late hours every now and again to fit in with Europe/ US calls.
Pros
Great non-cash benefits like income protection insurance, life insurance (attached to super)
Cons
Personal Development is lacking unless you have a defined career path or you have a great mentor.
My Experience in Nokia was awesome.
Nokia basically take care of professional & personal life balance, thats the point I liked during my tenure in Nokia.
Productive and fun place to work, the management is very supportive and the company work ethics and culture is also very good. A lot of team building activities are a good perk
Overall a good place to work, though there is a philosophy that more and more of the support functions should be off-shored

No one I know thinks this is a successful strategy, including some of the management, but the cost reduction must look good on paper, since it does not factor in the huge productivity losses in trying to interact with colleagues in a different time-zone whom you never meet.

The model can only be effective when you have straight-forward tasks which can be achieved by following a standard process flow; however, such tasks are in fact candidates for automation. Anything requiring problem-solving and grey areas requires skilled local staff working collaboratively, however Nokia seems incapable of fostering such a culture

Nokia is also highly reluctant to invest in its staff, preferring instead to operate large parts of the business through the use of contractors
Pros
Some very good people
Cons
Very 'us and them' mentality even internally
I am working with a very good team to support network delivery.
over all I have learnt a lot of knowledge from my peers.

I have my flexibility to have work and life balance
Very good employer respecting life balance. Nice offices, unfortunately with open spaces area only. International environment of working with possibility to work from home.
Was once a large company that has continued to downsize as time an technology evolve. If you like a fast paced work life this is the place for you and bring your roller skates.
Pros
Long work days
Cons
Lot smaller then it used to be.
Good balance between life and work. diverse culture, it feel great to work with people from different part of world. i got exposure to other field apart from telecommunications as Nokia has other software product.Flexible and efficient ways of working. good focus on OH&S as well as quality.
Learned pretty good skills of PMP working with experienced management team. i got enough motivated that i am pursuing PRINCE2 certification.

Challenge- Due to Nokia's limited exposure to Australian mobile telecom, it is hard to get consistent work from Nokia.

Working with good combination of new and experienced team was great experience.
Pros
Great team, Flexible ways of working, Strong focus on OH&S
Cons
Not strong enough base in Australian Mobile market
A good work life balance. Good encouraging team environment. Global player though you feel local. Good management. Ability to contribute from your skills. You feel valued.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Company underwent some difficult times
Worked at the Sydney office for a few years, the company has a great culture, intelligent people who are customer focused and has a work hard / play hard lifestyle.
Pros
People, Culture, Leadership has your back
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nokia?
Hard work but good pay 16 hours per day.

Mostly indian based. All very hard working, the bosses can be very tough.

The work spaces aren't too bad.

Be prepared to not sleep much.
Excellent place to work, I grew professionally with the company. Good Opportunity to work on different projects and new technologies. Really enjoyed my time in Nokia.
contractors work harder than perms.
Expected due to salaries

previously had excellent training facilities as Alcatel-lucent.

People can be the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
group lunch outings
Cons
Male dominated environment
Coffee and Tea facilities were made available for employees
work life balance was a rare commodity, very long hours often weekend work was required

wage freeze was introduced in 2009 and remained in place for 6 years. Employees bonuses were also rare
Pros
coffee and tea facilities
Cons
Nokia recently took over from Alcatel-Lucent and has been restructuring ever since, including shutting down some lines of business that do not fit Nokia core functions. It is not clear if this part of the merged company will survive in any recognisable form.
Overall an easy and fun place to work. A lot of self development tools to assist you on your professional journey. My Department Offers a good work life balance and healthy teleworking options.
This was a fantastic place no weekend or late night ..With the benefit of trying new products and great incentive program..This was a great family orientated work place...
Nice place to work. I grew professionally with the company. Had very nice colleagues that I am still in contact with. Overall a good employer. Easy to commute.
I have been working with this company for four years. I have worked in various projects and team. The work culture is very nice and encouraging. I like it.
target driven
less care about ppl

complicated process

solid management culture

focusing learning/training

unclear organization chart
A high class Multi national company which has lot of international clients where I have learnt a lot about management.My co worker were very ambitious Engineers from whom I have learned a lot.