Noni B
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Noni B Employee Reviews

Australia45 reviews
It was a nice place to work for and the manager was lovely. I was only there for 3 hours a week. meeting different clientele was nice too. Selling ladies fashion is not hard.
Sales assistant for 8 months with the Noni B company, always interesting as you work amongst other sister stores, work amongst a very supportive group of women
Millers is a fast paced company with a lot going on in the day. From meeting the customer needs to unpacking stock, and ensuring the books have made budget.

I learnt how to budget the books on a weekly basis, and use my previous experience from my business qualification into practice.
Some days can be very busy, but other days can be quiet, but this is when you take advantage of the quiet ones and catch up on bookwork, rostering, cleaning
Discovering new clothes with every box opened every week that need to be hung on racks for customers to view. Exciting to see new styles. Staff are very nice. Hours are ok but could do with a few more as i am only an on call casual.
Pros
60% off clothing
Cons
Standing on feet for whole of shift
I thoroughly enjoyed working each shift, always something to do. The loyal VIP customers were a highlight. Within a short time of working as the assistant I was offered the managers role due to a staff member going on maternity leave, however I was looking for something low key and less responsibility and decided to not progress. I would be happy to work with the group again. More training is needed
The Older staff are very competitve in an unhealthy way, no one cares about the new team members, staff culture is very clicky with new younger staff entering, they climb fast but dont last long, as the older staff, these being those that have been there since the begining, tend rival unhealthily and are so compatitive to younger new staff in a tongue lashing way, prompting them to move on, hugestaffhighturnover
I had never been so frustrated in all my life! I was originally hired part time and asked if I wanted to be a Store Manager, promised training, promised this promised that.... I was treated terribly by the regional manager, sworn at, put down and also disrespected by staff members. I was even locked out of the shop by one of my staff because I was late back from doing banking! She left and went home! Even though she was 5-10 late to everyone of her shifts! Unbelievable! !
I have been in Retail for over 25 years and this has to be the worst company I have ever worked for. To say they don't care about their staff is an understatement. You are better than this, please think twice before applying. The only thing I miss is my co-workers.
Noni B was a fast paced store where stock had to be moved around (including shelving) sometimes twice a day. I felt it was quite stressful as customers come first and they would be confused as we kept moving our stock. I enjoy working in retail and love building a good repour with my customers. Also as a manager, I wasn't paid for meetings or stocktake after hours, but my staff were. Overall, it was a fun place to work ….if I was PPT or 2IC.
the only good thing about this company is the team members in your store. It is like being in the trenches with your mates. A typical day at work involves endless VM changes, unpacking up to 100 boxes of stock, changing offers half way through the day because the current sale "isn't working". They expect you to be in the store at 8.30 am but don't pay you until 9-00am, Micro-management is out of control, constantly being expected to send in forms or photograph displays and use our personal phones to submit to head office. OH&S standards are non-existent because of the amount of boxes of stock you are expected to cram into tiny back rooms
Pros
the store staff are great people
Cons
long unpaid hours, working alone, unrealistic expectations
Horrible place to work. Can't talk to higher up management. They don't care to cut hrs and have staff work all day with no cover. Over worked and underpaid
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything above
So many disgruntled employees complaining about the expectations to achieve workloads far beyond the normal. Lack of training given. Stock rooms often too small & cluttered with excess stock, not enough room to manoeuvre ladders to opened capacity resulting in accidents. Too much back stabbing, bullying & personal life being discussed in the work environment.
Staff hours have been cut dramatically. Most of the time you are working by yourself. And that DOES mean going to the toilet or getting a break is almost impossible.
Regional Manager only concerned with sales not staff. Absolutely no support. Work overtime most shifts but with no pay, but worse no acknowledgement.

Huge expectation of sales but you are also expected to unpack and hang stock AND merchandise. But should also be giving customers your undivided attention.

OH&S nightmare.

Pays often not done correctly.
Loved working here, really loved the atmosphere. Loved the girls i worked with and the other stores. Really miss the place. Pay was very low though. Hard to sell high priced garments in this economy too
I had been told by the manager it took months to learn everything correctly. After three weeks I was on my own opening and closing. My manager took advantage of me and used me as a human slave. She would work me to an absolute sweat trying to complete every daily task almost on my own and took credit for it. She would go to lunch at 12 and eat into my lunch and usually leave me with 20 minutes left of my ONE hour lunch break for OVER three months.. until I started taking the full hour even if she would take a two hour lunch and the lunch cover worker would leave. She would ALWAYS make a point though of how hard it would be and how stressed she would be on her own while I was on break (we started at the same time everyday and I wasnt eating until 1:30-2pm each day). I would have to stay late after she would ask me to do an extra task 20 minutes before leaving for the day almost every time. I was late to get my children from their schools multiple times and as such asked to swap hours with a girl who was willing to as she worked the school shift 9-2. I was still willing to work the Thursday night and both days of weekend on a rotating shift. After having boxes fall on my head due to her lack of management and it not being reported aswell as after our talk of me needing to be able to pick up my kids on time as the ONLY mother with school age children working there. She put me down for EVERY weekend and full day shift 9-5:30 for 5 weeks straight with one day off in between each 6 days. After weeks of not being paid or being paid incorrectly and being hundreds of dollars behind in - more...
Pros
Great discounts across Noni B stores
Cons
Over worked and underpaid
I was employed as a casual at Noni B. I only worked on Saturdays mainly.
I found the training provided could be better.

The atmosphere in the store was always frantic but I think the manager was partly to blame for this.

The clothing storage area in the back of the shop was an OH&S disaster waiting to happen. It was almost impossible to access high or low. hanging clothing without almost killing yourself, opened boxes left all over the stockroom representing a hazard to all staff, no seating provided to eat lunch, you stood for your entire shift and no tea or coffee facilities provided.
Pros
Clothing discounts.
Cons
Inadequate training & OH&S issues
I loved working with big W, they taught me all about retail.training was available for anything we needed. Staff and management were always helping each other
Pros
Good training
Cons
I was taught a lot about retail and it was a good job. Sometimes it was very tough to sell. The fashion was more for over 30 year old when i worked there, so you had mainly women around age 40 year upwards.
Pros
ladies were great to work with
Cons
can be quiet at times
We help our customers find outfits to suit them. It is fun to work with the public and make them happy. It is nice to be part of a team. A lot of the time you are the sole worker in the shop.
I enjoy working with a great group of ladies as we compliment each other in out roles, and we get to meet and greet many customers who we get to know well.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
sore feet