Noni B Employee Reviews

Good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 April 2019
I loved working with big W, they taught me all about retail.training was available for anything we needed. Staff and management were always helping each other
Pros
Good training
Cons
All about sales, not the customer
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 January 2019
I was given a casual position. Was treated like a second class citizen because the manager I worked for did not interview me.
All up 6 hrs work. There is so much pressure on staff to sell.. Was told if customers had returned merchandise they had bought online, I was to talk them into returning it by post so it wasn't a return on the stores system. My manager was talking elderly customers into leaving their purchased goods with her and to wait till she mailed them back and then they would be reimbursed in time.(what a way to treat customers) All this so she didn't have returns show up on her system in her store. Was sent to another store (same company) in the same shopping centre where the manager there was so desperate to sell she was insisting that I need to haggle with customers.
Cons
poor management
Challenging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 January 2019
I started with the company over 12 months ago and over this time I have come to realise that top management have no clue about how a business should be run. Each store has a Manager, an unofficial assistant Manager that is not recognised (by title ) but is rewarded with at least 4 shifts and at least 20 hours per week , there is four shifts left which are divided between another two PPT of about 12 hours between them. The rotation of stock is never ending both in the windows and on the floor, stock is arriving at the store on average to be at least 80 boxes a week, 2 of the 5 changerooms are used for storage of stock, props, boxes of bags and posters etc - really a problem when there are sale days and there are no change rooms available to try items on. The back rooms are a dumping ground for excess stock also - it is definately a hazardous area to be in. Each store has a Business Development Manager which only contacts the store when the sales are not high - I really have not worked out what they do, because the Manager seems to do everything from dealing with the shopping centre management, mail, staff, etc, most of them are working through their lunch hours, getting in early and leaving late, most of them are even contacted on their days off and on holidays.The hardest part about the job is that there is not enough time for any staff member to give any type of customer service due to the constant changes every morning by management - there is no repreive ever. The problem got worse for staff when click and collect and on-line ordering was launched in September, the  more... returns by customers is never ending, not to mention getting the orders ready for pick-up, time consuming and the system is slow and if theres a problem with an on-line order they dont return emails or answer phone enquires by customers so they come into store and expect us to magically fix it for them. I see it as a short term position with a never ending revolving door of staff for these reasons. Even long term staff are not in any way recognised for there length of service or experience.  less
Pros
Cons
Inexperienced Upper Management
The worst Manager & Company I have ever worked for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW12 December 2018
Unfortunately I worked with a manager who was more interested in herself than any of the staff. Employees were setup to fail, however after helping in other stores it was a very different environment & lovely people to work with. I often did not get paid due to manager either forgetting to authorise my pay or made some mistake which led to making phone calls to payroll and manager to correct. Middle management is a joke!
If you had a great day of sales you were not even recognised but if a slow day you were constantly receiving phone calls to up your game. You were expected to do all your training in your own time and then quized whilst you had to continue serving customers.
Very unprofessiinal
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
Hours got cut & no longer get 15mins for closing.....so have to tidy store, vacuum & count, balance the till & write up figures.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Store Person/ Packer (Former Employee) –  10 Garling Road Kings Park21 August 2018
Handling orders to be shipped nation wide
Completing Administrative tasks
Working with great Management and team
Working and getting deadline done
Working in happy work place
Pros
Birthday Celebrations
Cons
Sent home if not busy
All about the sales, not about the customer service.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 August 2018
You have to be very resilient to work here. There is too much pressure to get a lot done in a little time. It is more about store displays and merchandising and upselling than about customer service. Management is pretty poor. So much so that customers actually complained about the store manager and said they will come back when the manager isn't around!
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
Horrible management.
Lack of care by business manger
Manager (Former Employee) –  New South Wales16 March 2018
All good when you are making money for this company, you are the best team member but forget it when you are in need for you have became ill and can no longer carry out your role ,no help or care was given my the so call business management , just did not want to know, move along and find someone else to replace.
Cons
Don't care . Your just a number
Co workers great!
Manager - part time (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 March 2018
This is the wost company I have ever worked for. When it was family owned it was great now its owned by a real estate conglomerate it is micromanaged. My business managers were aggressive and used bullying tactics. Would not recommend working there.
Pros
Lovely customers and co workers
Cons
Long unpaid hours expected for all team, using your own phone for sending and receiving data for business
Improvement needed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD30 October 2017
If you desperately need a job well this is the place for you. Lot's of gossip and back stabbing and bullying even amongst management . Too much focus on " window displays " not enough on customer's service needs.. I stayed only until I got another job.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Too many to name
great family vibe team,great training
Sales Assistant / 2nd in Charge (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC12 September 2017
the most enjoyable part of this job was the team and customers, however it was a smaller store so it was slow some days.
i was happy with the training and the options to get further training,they involved all staff with any new changes
Pros
great training
Cons
small store with slow days
Co workers are second to none
Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 July 2017
Low traffic location meant meeting targets was very challenging and when they were met little to no recognition of achievement - no support from middle/upper management who were unresponsive to concerns and victimised staff of underperforming stores in a public manner. Poor staffing levels, poor process for staff management, some staff are encouraged by middle management to undermine other staff members. Poorly managed stock allocation and replenishment system through warehouse. Team members for the most part are supportive and make coming to work a pleasure.
Pros
Generous Staff Discount
Cons
Unsupportive and "blame game" culture
overall ok
RETAIL SALES - FASHION CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 May 2017
A satisfactory workplace , nice work employees, lovely clothing, great opportunities. At the time the manager was awesome while I was working there, very friendly
Pros
clothing discount
Hard to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Beaches NSW2 February 2017
Expected to have 24/7 availability, shifts were cut last minute, i had the manager get other stores to spy on me, other co-workers were rude, was called every week to ask whether i was quitting. Overall a pretty horrible experience.
Pros
staff discount, customers
productive
fulltime sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 October 2016
Noni B is a great company to work for. Always someone there to help and train you. Manager was always good at sorting out any issues and the collegues were great to be around. I learned quite a bit about the fashion industry.
Retail has changed over the years. It's all about revenue and money in the till.
Sales Assistant - Casual (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS20 January 2016
Noni B was a family owned business but it changed in 2014 and is now very much corporate run with a focus on growing the business - no matter what.
Growth in business is good, but sometimes growing too quickly and putting people through constant changes and more and more demands can result in unhappy, over-worked, disgruntled people.
If you like the challenge of that, then that's the new world of retail.
Pros
Get paid above the award wage. Get generous discounts on the clothes
Cons
Not enough hours for part-timers and casuals
Over worked and underpaid
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Western Australia19 December 2015
$22.60 an hour for manager. Paid for 38 hours a week and working 50 because upper management expect so much of you. If the work doesn't get done the business manager makes you feel useless and complains to other staff about you. Very stressful work environment and very little rewards.

Customers are usually very fantastic and the only reason I stay in my job with a smile.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Long hours with little pay
Productive, team environment
Work Experience/Sales (Former Employee) –  Wendouree, VIC24 July 2015
Work experience at Noni B Wendouree gave me confidence to approach customers to make sales as well as work competently in a team environment and provide exceptional customer service.
direct management is great
PERMINANT FASHION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  NSW10 May 2015
Before the sale of Noni it was a fun place to work , after sale it has become a much less enjoyable job and much more stressful environment
Pros
short shift and ability to exchange shifts
Cons
more pressure to over sell and not take care of the customer the way we use to
Fantastic exposure on all levels to Retail Buying
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia13 December 2014
Fast paced, busy, be ready for anything type of work environment.

Definitely need good time management skills and the ability to multi task.

Allot of support from all departments but you must also be ready to give it back at all times.The team really does pull through all together to meet tight deadlines.

A workplace that has history and longevity so learning from industry experts!

Truly blest to have been part of NONI B
Pros
Career experience
Fun, challenging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northern Perth9 November 2014
I enjoy working for this company as they are fair and considerate. The ladies are all compassionate towards one another and we all seem to get along very well.
Pros
Working with friendly ladies and having the opportunity to meet some nice people
Cons
Hard to get permanent part time hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noni B. Our community is ready to answer.