Northern Sydney Local Health District
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Northern Sydney Local Health District Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
Busy team, great people
NSLHD was a busy place to work, staff were often off for long periods of time due to different reasons which left those behind picking up the extra workload.
Colleagues were great to work with. Management had a history of not taking action against bullying.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Bullying culture
Very little support from management
Chaotic at times poor leadership from managers, who have forgotten about patient care, they are more interested in gossiping and bullying.
Poor and old practices, recovery is a word but very rarely is the patient provided with a recovery plan. Over-reliance on medication and very little information provided to patients on side effects.

Very reactive and without any future planning. Individual staff (not management) are helpful and caring but core values are often forgotten.
Good place to work but heaps busy
Good place to work depending on dept. Pays well. Depending on your manager you can have good work life or be bullied. Biggest con is workplace bullying and not paying for overtime as work gets so busy expected to stay back to finish work.
Lot of bullying and management dont care and turns a blind eye. Happens, a every hospital large or small. Made complaints, finally went to HR and above manager. However told by the manager who we had to go above, to keep things quiet that it never happened. No transparency.

When one bully leaves another replces them and cycle happens all over again. Where do they find these ppl u wonder.

Bullies get promoted is not uncommon due to weak managements. Work culture progressively getting poorer. Some nice people but some lazy managers. Managers only interested in meeting their KPI not about investing in staff.
Bad work place..
Bad work place..
Do not get job there as mental health nurse.. No culture..

No team work..

Bullying.... racism...

Poor in supportive management..

Most cns.. CNc..cne.. Underqualified..
Productive and supportive workplace.
Productive and supportive workplace. Staffing managers and educators are very supportive for casual staff.
I enjoy to work in the workplace and will recommend it to my friends.
buying
If you like being bullied by RNs and treated like a second rated person by management and the DON, nursing management is all about themselves and have no care for staff, as long as they look good.
Pros
nil
Cons
Bullying
Appalling management
Just the worst experience. Staff team culture was poor, with many senior staff underperforming in my opinion and getting paid very well to do very little except dodge work and gossip. The management was absolutely appalling. They were under qualified, uninformed, bullying, threatening, inept, lazy and unable to motivate or lead their team. I dreaded walking in the door every single day. This place is the reason I left public health for good (NSW Health Service). If I could give it zero stars I would.
NSLHD ACAT poor work culture
Staff are overworked, barely taking their meal breaks and working unpaid overtime. Management turn a blind eye to this.

Very high staff turnover.

Job satisfaction poor due to limitations in aged care services available.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Poor work culture and unsupportive managers
Stable job prospects
It can be challenging to work in this area. There are many different services providing heath care to all ages.There is opportunity for promotion within the organization.
Pros
Benefits such as salary sacrifice
Cons
Expensive area to live
Pay was great but work culture was poor
No support to new employees.
Very 'clicky' between existing employees.

No work/life balance.

No help to questions asked by either management and peer staff.

Intimidation and bullying by senior executive management and peer staff.
Pros
Good money and government position
Cons
no work life balance and no support provided to new staff
Great workplace e with satisfied happy staff
It is a wonderful health service to work for and has given me great satisfaction in my working career I have been able to develop my skills and they are very supportive
Pro-active
Not any day is wasted. It is constantly about helping people in pain and need for care in any part of the work you do you always know that you are a part of an Area Health that is very pro-active.
There may be some work that is distributed unfairly but at the end of the day I always think, the more work I do, the more I learn skills that no one can take away from me, and this gives me a sense of achievement.
Cons
Flexible hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Sydney Local Health District. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6