Novaskill Employee Reviews

just look at their staff turn over!!!
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW12 April 2019
Very toxic environment to work in, very high turnover. No set procedures in place. Very inconsistent.

I couldn't get over the amount of staff that come and go, especially on the mid north coast. They have a very bad reputation.
Pros
parking spot available
Cons
too many to mention
Great work-life balance, opportunity for advancement and great culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW3 April 2019
Great staff and many opportunities to advance made Novaskill a pleasure to work for. I had the freedom to mould my position to suit my strengths and the opportunity to work with a diverse range of dedicated and experienced staff.

Professional Development Programs assisted me in identifying personal strengths and weaknesses and set short and long term goals, Internal Support Programs were available for personal and professional assistance and monthly birthday celebrations and internal marketing campaigns bough our teams closer together socially.

A pleasure to work for.
Pros
Supportive staff and opportunity for personal development
Cons
nil
Great to grow your career
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW3 April 2019
Structured induction, Good training when you start, there is room for progression and more training if thats what you want to do.

They are flexible with hours to have a work/life balance
Pros
9 day fortnight, Flexible
Cons
none that I can think of
Stay clear, they are all talk!!!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North coast1 April 2019
I had my doubts about working at Novaskill but thought I’d see for myself. Should’ve listened to my gut as it’s a terrible place to work. For a training company all they care about is $$$. Little training for staff and treat people like diet. . No communication and too many chiefs that make their own rules.
Hard to stay motivated in a company where there’s non team culture and lack of communication.
Go elsewhere for your training needs
Pros
9 day fortnight but you work a long day to make up for it
Cons
Management get away with everything and Too many others too mention.
Turn over skill
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ballina NSW20 January 2019
You are treated well if you are in sales. Trainers however are treated like dirt. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Too top heavy. Ego heavy senior managers with no idea about training. Management style well suited to the 1950’s. Bully staff and keep them stressed is the way they motivate. Horrible culture. Shameful as they have some great staff on the ground. Nepotism. Managers moto “its all smoke and mirrors”! So much turn over. Fear And legal threats are management tools.
Pros
Cons
Senior management
fun and productive
certificate 3 warehousing operations (Former Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW2 November 2017
great atmosphere with a good work group, new things learnt every day. really enjoyable work experience, great work group, good coffee, good location.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
nothing
Interestingly different to office work.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 August 2017
Productive workplace with varied tasks to relieve boredom.I learned new skills and got different insights into the racing industry including track maintenance and setup.
Pros
helpful management and staff
Cons
long ride in from Hope Island to Bundall
generous place caring for the needs of the students
Student (Former Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW14 July 2016
Novaskill was great, i did through a school course. It was free of charge. I learnt and tried a new job every week. I learnt the environment of the jobs, what to do, then hours and the money.
Im not too sure of the management because i wasn't apart of that, the people working there were very nice and organised things well.
The hardest part was the theory but the most enjoyable was trying the new things.
Pros
All for free
Cons
Nothing i can think of