Novo Nordisk, Inc. Employee Reviews for Care Specialist

The culture kept on changing as well as the payment of icy
Senior N-Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Connecticut25 August 2019
The culture kept on changing as well as the payment of IC.
The products or the best of class however unfortunately the management was not. It was more about sales and then patient focus.
Corrupt management; run by lawyers and compliance officers; no advancement opps
Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ohio22 July 2019
Changed drastically in 5 years.Corrupt managers.Lawyer driven culture that keeps employees in fear.Don't value sales reps anymore.0 work life balance.
Pros
good products
Cons
Most management at all levels
Constantly Restructuring
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 November 2018
Novo Nordisk was once a great company to work for several years ago, but recently has gone through three years of restructuring with no end in sight. Very low growth opportunity.

That being said, the company has good benefits and solid products. If they are able to "right size" themselves and finally settle in, things should get better.
Pros
Benefits, Bonus
Cons
Layoffs, Poor Executive Team
Challenging
Diabetes Care Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH19 October 2018
Solid company to work for. Prepping for future products. Work life balance is average for a pharmaceutical company. Managers for the most part are great.
Working with patients and growing a market was key motivator
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MI18 October 2018
NovoNordisk has faced challenges that have caused them to make decisions on total number of sales positions and have re aligned based on changing market
Good company, hard to advance
Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NY18 October 2018
Good company, there are a lot of changes going on at Novo and the bonus structure is never transparent but overall I’ve been happy here. A lot of great products have been launched recently, so it is a very competitive and fun selling environment.
good company. would recommend to anybody
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV10 October 2018
when i worked for Novo Nordisk it was still a somewhat small company. innovative products, good management and very good research and development department. good company and would recommend to anybody.
Pros
good products.
Cons
shift in leadership wasn't great
Great Job but Zero Security
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist, Sales (Current Employee) –  United States3 October 2018
Worry about your future everyday

Great Job

Good Pay

Very Stressful at times

Great Products

Sometimes the ET doesn't seem to know what to do to make things better
Decline in company culture
EXECUTIVE INSTITUTIONAL DIABETES CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma29 September 2018
10 years ago the company had a great culture. Not so much now. Once a great company but have lost their way.... I wish they could work to help the patient. They have lost their mission for the patient.
Pros
Products
Cons
career advancement
Great company with great benefits
Endocrinology Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL11 September 2018
Novo Nordisk has always been a great place to work as evidenced by many distinctions in this category. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in the pharma industry
Used to be the place to be
Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA3 September 2018
Novo is subject to the evolving trends of Pharma. the name of the game is save money and cut sales people. I feel that the current leadership has absolutely no clue how to lead the company nor do they have a plan on how to be successful in the current environment.
Pros
good benefits and people
Cons
poor leadership, no opportunity
Great company and amazing growth opportunity
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ10 May 2018
Novo Nordisk is a great company to work for and has the best benefits and management in the industry. They are very fair and kind to all employees I highly recommend
great
SENIOR OBESITY AND DIABETES CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Virginia8 May 2018
Best place I have worked. Take the job if offered. Great products and culture. Fantastic pipeline and science, If I could go back I would. The best manager I have ever had and miss my team.
No life outside this job
Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN13 April 2018
Highly stressful job with very poor management. No room for advancement, and fair pay. The amount of time you will spend doing side work for you manager will consume all of your time.
Avoid
Senior Diabetes care specialist (Former Employee) –  OH29 March 2018
Was a fantastic place to work 15 years ago. Became what they were trying to avoid - big pharma. as a result they lost sight of their culture. upper management has no direction and as a result the sales force is left to flounder. stay away...
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
horrible management, no direction, no advancement
Excellent Job with a great Culture
Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL15 February 2018
Not only is Novo Nordisk is a wonderful company to work for, every day they help patients better there lives while living with Diabetes. The Culture and people associated with Novo Nordisk is like working with good friends and family everyday.
Would have retired here
Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO5 February 2018
I enjoyed my short time at Novo Nordisk. Unfortunately, due to necessity to downsize, I was laid off. The culture, work/life balance and overall job environment was great.
Work, life, balance
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY28 January 2018
Novo nordisk was a culture that I enjoyed working for. Management, team building atmosphere, innovative products and constant growth were wonderful experiences here. I would recommend this company to anyone who wanted to expand their sales experience in the diabetic field.
Pros
healthcare, 401K, stock options, company care, great counterparts and company culture
Cons
I had to relocate for my husbands work, and I couldn't relocate my postion in Florida.
productive work place
Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH23 January 2018
Work day includes sampling, presenting product info. Very good collaborative environment to work.

I would recommend the job to a friend or collage.
No room for advancement in Sales
Health Systems Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CA2 January 2018
-Great Medical/Dental Benefits
-Generous with Paid Time off
-In Sales, there is No room for advancement especially with the recent Lay off
-Low Job Security
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
No opportunity for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novo Nordisk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.