NRMA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NRMA Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews
Slow
not very busy so can get quiet boring at times, company doesnt seem to care much about the rural shops. training isnt great. often asked to sell product that you dont feel 100% confident doing so.
Poor and unjustified management skills
They lack all sorts of things one being compassion towards staff and there lust for money and their own position blind sites them when comes to the guys on lower job levels. I hope NRMA goes broke and looses all customers to AAMI.
Fast paced call centre
Great team and culture, I share the values of helping people. It was a very fast paced call centre located in Olympic Park that was to far from home for me.
ePMO poorly managed and in dark ages
The General Manager ePMO has zero training or understanding of how projects are run, she is extremely aggressive in her manner and was a bully. Spoke down to me and belittled me in meetings. She couldn’t do her job and so find it very stressful and would take out her stress on those working for her. Her behaviour was accepted by Management and HR.
Work culture
actually NRMA doesn’t take employee any more you work for clubassist but your uniform and van is NRMA , bad management and long hours , roster shifts or contractors don’t recommend
Pros
Money ok if u willing doing 60 hr a week
Cons
Lots problems, tablet, printers system
Not a fair playing field
KPI’s constantly changing , rosters not fairly shared ! Managers inconsistent with staff , too many favourites & lazy staff doing the wrong thing get away with it
Excellent Workplace
Excellent place to work, Very understanding and supportive employer. Nice to meet different people everyday such as other NRMA workers and NRMA members
Stressful but rewarding
Excellent work environment in brand-new building purposely built for NRMA. Exciting opportunities and great culture. Management is generally good and the work is extremely rewarding. Explored various positions in the organisation which helped me immensely later on.
Best part is the perks of the job (free roadside assistance, 50%off insurance and many more)

Challenging part of the job(s) across the board is basically you have to be on top of everything.
really bad management
Sales driven to sell Battery's and other products, worst management I have ever seen, reward for good work is more work, a take it or like it attitude , no support
lunchs now and again to just say thanks fir all the hard work
The NRMA Was as great place to work
it was like a second family

work was hard but there was always someone to help if you had a problem

I learned to work as part of a team

the Management was always there to help

as i said workplace culture was just like on big family

just a group of people working towards a common goal

the hardest part of the job was my last day

knowing i would not see some of these people again

the most enjoyable part of my job was everyday

alway something different happening
work life balance
paying repair invoices fro smash repairers

learnt how to work close with people internal and external

Management and work place culture was the best it was just one big family

was talking to the repairers and explaining what we needed from them so we could process their payments in a timely maner

most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that i was work with great people that became my work family

and that anyone of them would go the extra mile to help or to point me in the right direction
Degrading fast
Worked 8 years for them from frontline to management roles and while it used to be a great company to work for its has degraded very rapidly.
Roles are underpaid for the workload.

High level of double standards.

It's all about the company's growth Now and not about the culture.

Bully tactics used quite often especially in the frontline roles.

Sad to see what's happening unfortunately and so I would not recommend this company unless you have no choice.
Pros
You cant get any worse
Cons
To many to list, see Description
fun place to work great work life balance
paying of invoices from smash repair shops

there to answer questions from internal and external sources

i have learnt how to manage my workload

i have also learnt to ask questions

someone will know the answer

advise smash repairers when invoice are wrong

call advise of the short payments of invoice and email copy of repair account adjustment so they have a copy for there file
Pros
great place work and great people to work for
Wouldnt reccomend working for franchise
I wouldn't recommend working for the franchise side of NRMA. Theres very little recognition for achievements and ALOT of doubling up which equates to time wasting tasks. You have no voice to discuss things that may benefit the business and if you speak out you are practically bullied by the upper management.
Was the best organisation I have ever worked for.
Great culture, team spirit and learned so much. An inclusive and professional company. Sydney CBD location. Plenty of support and opportunities to grow and develop. Worked with different mentors in my time which helped my career ultimately.
Pros
Team Members
Cons
Lack of opportunities
Fun and rewarding
Great job, great culture but you have to want to work shift work! Nice clean office and easy for parking and public transport is exceptionally close by!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Shift work! Only one weekend off a every 3 weeks!
Good place to work, lots of opportunities
Very pleasant place to work. You really need to love shift work as that's all they offer. You need to work 2 weekends the 1 off so that takes a toll on work life balance.
Cons
Shift work
large organisation
met great people, met lovely clients and grew my skills rapidly by learning new approaches and gained a great deal to be able to multi task.Great experience
Pros
central to public trasnport
Fast paced call centre
This was a fast paced call centre with an intensive training period. Strong computer skills essential in this role. Also need touch typing skills
General Insurance Consultant
Over the counter sales & service of general insurance products working at the local branch & then moving through the ranks into financial services.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Cutting Corners
A great place to grow within the industry
Love the job knowing I was helping people, loved the people I worked with it was like havein a family member work with you we were always very helpful with each other, & always learning from each other which is a good thing
Pros
Bonus we would receive
Cons
Shift work, only having every 3rd weekend off