NRMA Employee Reviews

fantastic working environment
Customer care and service (Former Employee) –  brisbane7 June 2014
Typical day includes team meetings, answering phone calls, calling existing customers, amending and renewing policies, upselling and cross selling, managements supportive and very helpful, staff is lovely, most enjoyable part is helping customers with enquiries and giving great service
Roadservice
Supervisor Case Management (Former Employee) –  Villawood, NSW3 May 2014
I transferred to Roadservice after many years with the Insurance side of the business. I was looking for a new challenge and hours that would better suit my family needs and shift work offered that.
The job was very demanding and exciting at times.
I gained a lot of experience while working in Roadservice but there weren't many opportunities for advancement and couldn't use that Roadservice experience outside of the NRMA culture.
The business unit offered redundancies so I felt after nearly 10yrs in Roadservice I needed a change so took the redundancy offer.
I found staff and management always very friendly and helpful. It was sad to leave but felt I had to move on.
Pros
Flexible family/work environment
Cons
Leaving the positon
Fun forward thinking but political
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney24 February 2014
Great learning kerb, great benefits, fantastic people, just hard to achieve some goals as many silos exist and can be political.
Pros
great socially and work like
Cons
polictics at the top
Great place to work however I am ready for a new challenge
Service Coordinator/Premium Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Strathfield NSW18 September 2013
Taking calls from our members, arranging benefits eg car hire, vehicle, trailer and caravan recoveries/repatriations, accommodation, flights and passenger transport. Liasing/brainstorming with other colleagues regarding a member broken down in an area you haven't come across before - they may have some ideas I hadn't thought about - this job is all about teamwork and customer service. The hardest part of the job is being expected to work on a few cases at a time and watch the call queues - this could prove a real challenge during peak times. I enjoy helping people and working as part of a team to achieve a successful outcome for both our members and NRMA. I love the job however would love a face to face contact job speaking to people. I no longer have the desire to sit in front of a computer screen during my working hours.
exceptional customer service in the workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  sydney5 August 2013
A typical day of working with the NRMA for me was to conerntrate and do the best i can do. learn as much as i possibly can and give the customers the best a valuable information possible.
I was working 17 hrs a day 7 days a week. the hardest part of my job was the hours and not having time for my friends and family. I learnt how to run a business, from the hands on work down to the management computer/banking.
Pros
good money
Cons
no life
Enjoyable, supportive workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland9 March 2013
NRMA Insurance provided me with a flexible work life balance with a great salary and benefits. Training was thorough and useful and co-workers were supportive and friendly.
Pros
higher superannuation benefits
Cons
extended travelling time to and from employment
great workplace terrific people
customer service officer and claims assistant (Former Employee) –  wollongong nsw6 February 2012
enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them in everyday problems
Pros
cheaper insurance
Cons
none i loved it