NRW Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Diesel Fitter/Heavy Equipment Fitter FIFO (Current Employee) –  Middlemount QLD11 July 2017
Great company to work for always keeping work balance and family life managed to build a good and safe work culture. Only left this job because off family commitments . Good training provided to improve skill levels to help move up the ladder if desired. Working a seven and seven roster was a great work balance for me.
Pros
Good food and accommodation when away
Cons
Being away from family for seven days
Process driven company that strives to eliminate waste.
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill WA28 December 2016
NRW has lots of systems and processes designed to eliminate waste and reduce costs, attributes that appealed to me. If you can deliver projects in a timely and cost effective manner you are an attractive business to investors.
Pros
Good rewards.
Cons
15/6 roster has work life balance too much in NRW's favour
enjoyed my time there
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Christmas Creek W.A.3 November 2016
when I was there it was like a family orientated work place
workshop and production got on well with each other
was a fun company whilst there
very good company and good training and safty
exp dumptruck and water truck operator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia9 August 2016
very good bosses and very helpful in all ways if you were not sure just had to ask shift boss management were very good at all levels
loved it
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockman 416 May 2016
NRW gave me a start on trucks and they were a great company to work for, they thought a lot about their employees and did their utmost to help you out in any home situation.
Pros
great people
Cons
contract work
typical day at work
MOBILE PLANT OPERATOR PILBARA REGION WA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 February 2016
Get up at 03:30 go for breakfast at 04:00 leave camp at 04:30 and travel to jobsite start work at 06:00 operate various earthmoving equipment until 16:30 or 17:00 travel back to camp.
18:00 to 19:00 get showered and changed go for dinner 20:00 go to bed.
Pros
free accomodation, free meals
Cons
28 days away from home, very long days
A long work History with NRW
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Nammuldi2 December 2015
First starting in 2005 on an old Bell 40 Moxy, and over the years, went from Mining to Civil. Many trucks later, I ended back on a Loader at Cape Lambert. It's been a good learning curve, watching people on all machines and seeing what and why they do certain things. Helps you learn a lot when operating these machines. That's what I love about civil works, you can always learn things.
Pros
4 and 1
Cons
Only allowed to do 4 and 1
Enjoy working with good people all fun, good communication with supervisors
777, 785, Cat Truck, Watercart, Roller, (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA7 October 2015
I have worked for NRW for 8 years and have them a great company to work with on site. Its been a fun place to be management are supportive.
nice people
All round mobile plant operator (Former Employee) –  wa5 October 2015
same as maca but longer stints good safety good prestart meetings longer day 12.5 hr days the machines where kept in good working order
Pros
same as maca
Cons
same as maca
meeting deadlines, completed work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Welshpool, WA9 September 2015
working as a sub contactor to BHP was very demanding, their safe work practises were the most stringent l had ever work with, after 3 years working for BHP you learnt how important it was to work in a safe work environment , and the importance of looking after your fellow workers.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure the operators had signed onto the J.S.A, and doing their take 5's and their machine prestarts. and that they understood the scope of works.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with competent operators, and the interaction with other work groups working on the same project, my experience has taught me that a happy crew is a safe crew.
Pros
interesting people
Cons
being away from the family (3 weeks)
very good company to work for they give you ago
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  pilbara wa2 August 2015
very good honest company they are family orienated safety is put well before production loved working for them hope to work for them again in the near future
run by people who couldnt organise an umbrella in a rain shower
Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter (Former Employee) –  Middlemount Qld15 July 2015
Absolutely no opportunities for advancement unless your a friend of those in management

Talk about safety but put money first (costs to implement)
no time tomuch effer work
Mobile Plant Operator/Pilot (Former Employee) –  nammuldla nw wa9 July 2015
nrw on rio tinto work place allthere saftley rules different type of work hardest part of work was the paper work most en oyable getting different work done
Pros
living away
Cons
long hours day off ring famley
Challenging role with rewarding opportunities
MAINTENANCE ADMINISTRATOR / PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA23 June 2015
Working on site involves getting up around 4am and starting the day.

Duties include sorting all paper work including time sheets, purchase requisitions, purchase receipts, service sheets and vehicle pre-starts.
Input relevant data on spreadsheets, updating machine hours and required details. Processing purchase requisitions.
Assist with Heavy Duty Fitter enquiries and provide support to Maintenance Supervisor and Operations area.
Pros
Good work culture, great people.
Cons
Working away from home
my work place was freindly , mature enviroment everybody had a job to do and we all worked well togerther
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  port headland,,, royhill rail project19 June 2015
I was very fortunate to work with great supervisors and co workers there will always be operators that do not do the right thing but time and there work ethic sort that out typical day watercart duties, learnt that you don't be in rush pace your time my management was very helpful and understanding of job hardest part of job would be machinery that keeps breaking down and good machinery being of hired and some of the camps we go to not understanding 4 and 1 roster and waiting to long for parts to arrive enjoyable part of job my work mates sunrises in the morning and knock off time
Pros
money
Cons
contract finishes
Great Company and People
Tyre Fitter (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA5 June 2015
Days work is Tyre Repairs, Tyre Change out. Fleet Inspection.
Maintenance crew good to get along with, great management.
Hardest part of job is when Machines break down and cant be driven Flat tyre.
Knock off time,
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
11.5 Hours
Productive workplace who looks out for employees.
SERVICEMAN (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill, WA2 June 2015
Working for NRW was a great job that i'm sad had to finish. If they had further contracts i would still be working for them.

A typical day was a hard working day but surrounded by a strong work ethic carried down from NRW to make our work site productive and to get all jobs and tasks done to the highest possible quality every time.

Outside of work NRW were constantly organising employee barbecues which encouraged a close knit work group that got along both on the job and back at camp in our down time.

I would highly recommend NRW as a company to work for and although I understand they have hit a hard time right now with hardly any contracts to offer I hope that they can bounce back and be the thriving company they once were.
Pros
strong work ethic and looking after long time employees.
Cons
working away from family and long hours
Great company
Loader operations (Former Employee) –  Pilbara, WA31 May 2015
Fifo work for the past 9 years doing all kinds of earthworks. working with hundreds of different people.
worked on a 4 / 1 roster for all that period
Great people to work with... upper managment out of touch
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill Rail21 May 2015
Great people to work with... upper management out of touch and old fashioned in its approach to working conditions and the importance of the workforce.
Pros
good hours and pay rates
Cons
skimming of wages a common occurance.
The work is great, the people are exellent to work with
Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Solomon and Roy Hill21 May 2015
Camp is good, people are helpful I really enjoyed my time with NRW I have made some good friends that are life long. I would defiantly work with them again in a heart beat