NSW Department of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all NSW Department of Education reviews

NSW Department of Education

NSW Department of Education Employee Review

Great sense of camaraderie and sense of purpose

The most enjoyable part of the job is rapport with students and seeing them learning, building confidence and enjoying their youth. The hardest part of the job is writing reports. Workplace culture can vary. Mostly people try to get along. Sometimes it can feel competitive. The management can vary also. From seemingly unthinking dictator type to down to earth relaxed but progressive type of Principal.

Same role

Good organisation to work for.

A fun environment where you work with a variety of people. Can be stressful at times wading through the mountains of paperwork but if you stay on top of it you will be fine. Must enjoy working with children but also, and less obviously, must enjoy working with a multitude of adults as parents really value teachers who love having their input and involvement. Long hours but rewarding.
Same role

Stressful, uninformed and unsupported to do the position.

The workplace culture is toxic in some schools, and there is no avenue to improve. To transfer, or negotiate for change to improve is impossible, I have tried. DET management seem intent on successful media launches and PR spin. It is impossible to know what is happening in order to plan, this was pre COVID 19. It is through the media that you are informed of updates. Most frustrating situation to be in in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children in schools. It is really down to the leadership team in the school, some are happy.
Same location

I have outstanding expertise in training Reading Recovery teachers.

My role as a Reading Recovery Tutor involves training new Reading Recovery teachers, providing on-going professional learning for trained Reading Recovery teachers, teaching children myself in Reading Recovery and contributing my expertise within a larger corporate body.

Pros

We change children's lives in Reading Recovery.

Cons

Nothing negative about my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NSW Department of Education
  • Great sense of camaraderie and sense of purpose
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?