NSW Department of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all NSW Department of Education reviews

NSW Department of Education

NSW Department of Education Employee Review

Large political focussed organisation

Hard to sort out staff and management issued in a large bureaucracy who didn't care and the culture of bullying and harassment always covered by higher levels and complaints go unnoticed. Merit selection for advancement disgraceful and nepotism rife and appeals process non -existent. Good future conditions if you can handle incompetent teachers and administration for a long time.

Same roleSame location

The place to be if you are a teacher.

Schools can be very different. Overwhelmingly the staff are friendly and collaboration is the order of the day. There is a tendency to lose this collaboration as you move into executive positions but again this is a culture that comes down from the top. If the Principal is collaborative, the school is pleasant. As Principals change so does the culture of the workplace. It's a lottery, some times you win.

Pros

Collegiate atmosphere, make lifelong friends. Watch students mature and become adults.

Cons

High degree of administration and reporting which actually detracts from teaching.
Same roleSame location

A fantastic job for a school teacher

A supportive environment. Relieving teacher role was varied and interesting. Excellent training opportunities. All schools close to my home address. Many career opportunities available A happy career choice for me

Pros

lots of interaction with students, staff and parents

Cons

I can't think of any
Same location

Lots of free lunches, and morning tea's after meetings

Worked four years on-and-off in a tree different projects, about Information Management and a digitalisation implementation, as a team leader I supervised the quality of work and allocated tasks in a planed schedule of distribution work by a corporate divisions.

Pros

Lots meeting with good Morning tea's and Lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NSW Department of Education
  • Large political focussed organisation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?