NSW Department of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all NSW Department of Education reviews

NSW Department of Education

NSW Department of Education Employee Review

Produtive and a wonderful place to work with

one on one support for people we support, both parent, staff and contractors very supportive. Good work ethic, Department helpful when it comes to pay issues

Pros

can have a break when school breaks

Same roleSame location

The job helped other people. it's important.

This job was focused on helping the clients to such a degree that the employees were being somewhat neglected. the shifts were inconsistent, the employees were racist and fascist. It was not a welcoming environment.

Pros

Get picked up from anywhere (within reason)

Cons

Inconsistent split shifts, very low pay, fellow employees.
Same role

Diverse and sometimes challenging job.

A diverse and sometimes challenging job. Children with disabilities have a wide range of behavioural patterns that can change due to change in medication, routine, or conditions (including mood). These behaviours can change at any instance. My role is assisting with taking these students with disabilities to and from school, maintaining vigilance, for their and others health and safety. I expected, before undertaking the job, that the students would be highly varied in their behaviour, particularly not understanding rules and how they should behave. However, these students have an understanding of the rules and what to expect once they are in the car or on the bus. As stated previously, their diverse behaviours are due to various reasons. And, they understand my role and my relationship to them. Management has informed me of any changes in the conditions of my job or contract. My co-workers have performed their role to the best of their abilities, as well as maintaining a comfortable environment for both the students and myself, while in the car or bus. The hardest part of my job is that some students have challenging behaviours that need to be regulated to keep themselves and others safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the students smile and say hi, when they are getting in to the car or get on the bus.
Same location

The place to be if you are a teacher.

Schools can be very different. Overwhelmingly the staff are friendly and collaboration is the order of the day. There is a tendency to lose this collaboration as you move into executive positions but again this is a culture that comes down from the top. If the Principal is collaborative, the school is pleasant. As Principals change so does the culture of the workplace. It's a lottery, some times you win.

Pros

Collegiate atmosphere, make lifelong friends. Watch students mature and become adults.

Cons

High degree of administration and reporting which actually detracts from teaching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NSW Department of Education
  • Produtive and a wonderful place to work with