NSW Department of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all NSW Department of Education reviews

NSW Department of Education

NSW Department of Education Employee Review

Work

I learned a lot, and got to work with some amazing people. The hardest part of is learning to balance everything but once you do, it is incredible and fun.

Same role

Enjoy working for them ATSO

It is school term based work. Well organised and safety based in providing children that are challenged with safe transport to and from school. It does not cover when the holidays are on. It is casual work and it being at either end of the day requires a split shift situation, which fits in with my business activities in the middle of the day. Employees need to be child centred patient and medically trained for first aid.
Same location

Great workplace

I have never been happier working at DOE. Management work hard and lead by example. So much support from management its the BEST place I have ever worked for.

Pros

work is always different challenging

Cons

none love it

The place to be if you are a teacher.

Schools can be very different. Overwhelmingly the staff are friendly and collaboration is the order of the day. There is a tendency to lose this collaboration as you move into executive positions but again this is a culture that comes down from the top. If the Principal is collaborative, the school is pleasant. As Principals change so does the culture of the workplace. It's a lottery, some times you win.

Pros

Collegiate atmosphere, make lifelong friends. Watch students mature and become adults.

Cons

High degree of administration and reporting which actually detracts from teaching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NSW Department of Education