NSW Department of Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Department of Education Employee Reviews for Executive Support Officer

4.0Pay & Benefits

Produtive and a wonderful place to work with

one on one support for people we support, both parent, staff and contractors very supportive. Good work ethic, Department helpful when it comes to pay issues

Pros

can have a break when school breaks

The job helped other people. it's important.

This job was focused on helping the clients to such a degree that the employees were being somewhat neglected. the shifts were inconsistent, the employees were racist and fascist. It was not a welcoming environment.

Pros

Get picked up from anywhere (within reason)

Cons

Inconsistent split shifts, very low pay, fellow employees.

Diverse and sometimes challenging job.

A diverse and sometimes challenging job. Children with disabilities have a wide range of behavioural patterns that can change due to change in medication, routine, or conditions (including mood). These behaviours can change at any instance. My role is assisting with taking these students with disabilities to and from school, maintaining vigilance, for their and others health and safety. I expected, before undertaking the job, that the students would be highly varied in their behaviour, particularly not understanding rules and how they should behave. However, these students have an understanding of the rules and what to expect once they are in the car or on the bus. As stated previously, their diverse behaviours are due to various reasons. And, they understand my role and my relationship to them. Management has informed me of any changes in the conditions of my job or contract. My co-workers have performed their role to the best of their abilities, as well as maintaining a comfortable environment for both the students and myself, while in the car or bus. The hardest part of my job is that some students have challenging behaviours that need to be regulated to keep themselves and others safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the students smile and say hi, when they are getting in to the car or get on the bus.

Customer

To work in a challenging corporate environment, whilst exploring and experiencing self-development gained by adding to and demonstrating the values of the company by meeting personal and business goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Department of Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

NSW Department of Education Reviews by Location

• NSW Department of Education
  • Executive Support Officer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?