NSW for Transport

7: NSW for Transport Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Great pay, fantastic customer initiatives, wonderful people, management don't know how to lead or inspire at team

Demanding with management leading with a dictatorial approach.Lacks collaboration within teams and across departments.Management hired without real experience for that area.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Long hours, no gratitude from leaders

I was here on a short-term contract prior to the election. There was a great working culture and structure. Fantastic flexibility and understanding of the needs of pregnant/breastfeeding mums.

management

when it comes to steam train trips they dont have enough people along the platform telling passengers to stay on the other side of the yellow line, and most the passenger attendances have no respect but overall it is was a good time being a volunteer.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

passenger attendants have no seats assigned for them to sit down on

Wotrk hard play hard

Dedicated reliable worker Have a family to support hence employment is crucial to me Should you decide to offer me an opportunity I will not disspaoint you I will draw on my past skills, experience and wisdom and bring to my current role

Pros

Hate being unemployed

Good role with poor management

Typical day involves: Ensure that database has been backed up successfully Removing Spam so it does not get archived in the mail server. Ensuring that all the servers are operational. Everybody in the union can connect to the remote server. Reseting passwords via active directory. Ensuring that all moble and landline phones are operational. Building Specific reports based on the union requirements either Excel or SSRS reporting. Conducting Mail Merges ready for printing. Modifying the Stored Procedures to ensure efficiency. Converting Documents from PDF to excel. Modifying and Adding code to the VB.NET application and PHP. Management: Had a wonderful manager that was fantastic to work with. The IT director had communication issues. Lacked leadership qualities as he was not able to lead with example. Was not very transparent. Not able to make appropriate performance evaluations.

Pros

Diverse role that allows me to incorporate multiple skills

Cons

Long hours, Poor Job Security, Little Training, Small Team

Productive and fun place to work

- a typical day is answering general info for the callers, taking complaints, answering back emails -learned problem solving skills, customer service skills, computer skills such as word/excel, etc -management is straight to the point and understanding - team members are very helpful -the job is not that hard at all but we do get some angry customers - enjoyable part is to help others get through with their problems

Great environment

Most enjoyable part iof the job is working within the community with the community.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW for Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NSW for Transport with