NSW Government Employee Reviews

exciting and hard work
Senior Intensive Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  sydney3 February 2019
This job involved taking the worst teens that no one can deal with and implement all my interactive and youth intervention skills to bring about change in the lives of theese teens so that they can be intergrated back into society
Pros
Great satisfaction of seeing lives changed
Cons
hard work
Good to work for management are very approachable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW12 January 2019
I enjoyed my time with this company at no time did I feel threatened or alone . Wages were always on time and correct if not the problem was promptly dealt with .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
If you are lazy, then this is the place to be
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 October 2018
Very laid back, everyday you ll spend hours in meetings. Nothing useful gets done fast. Poor management. Horrible culture with most of the employees from the older generation. If you try to get attention, you cant rise without politics cause people will always try to take you down. Everyone is trying to backstab each other.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance, Good office
Cons
Poor management, poor culture, poor colleagues, average salary
fun place, work hard play hard
Committee member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 August 2018
huge beast of a hotel with a demanding fast pace of life. But rewarding fun role in a hotel with lots of character and working with lots of Charters..
Good work/ life balance
Senior Business Analyst - FMT (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW13 May 2018
The business senior Management is in general proactive to work from home policies. This is also supported by the correct technology in place. Long hours but in general good policy to compensate.
NSW GOV (ADHC) - Community support (Former Employee) –  Caringbah NSW9 April 2018
Great place to work.

Unfortunately with the NDIS my department was taken over by the private sector.

Other wise i would still be working at the employer.
Excellent Leader - His courage and tenacity inspires those around him
APS1 - 'Casual' Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 January 2018
He provides an excellent workplace for people to thrive, providing employees with enough rope to build a ladder to further success and enough to hang themselves the choice is theirs.

His conviction and steadfast work ethic inspire those around him to aspire to higher things and I am forever grateful for the opportunity and lessons I learned during this time.

An excellent employer.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 December 2017
Is a great real estate to work in, the principal has a lot of time for training and teaching you. Great team culture to work with. This company has a lot of structure.
serious and quiet working environment, however the team gets on well with each other
Portfolio Analysis/Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of Sydney NSW8 November 2017
NSW Treasury Corporation is a small department of about 60 people. it is a good place to work for if you are happy to stay in your position because there is not much rooms for advancement.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
can be long hours and not very flexible
No work life balance
UAT Delivery Lead (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 October 2017
This was my first Govt Sector job, hence the work culture is different than corporate world.

I learnt SAP extensively and how the HR PAYROLL System works as this project is the biggest Payroll system in Southern hemisphere.

I also learnt how to test the Payroll system in production be performing the Penny test.

Learnt the business processes and Testing Processes in Government department.

How to handle difficult stake holders.
Pros
Learnt new techonology
Cons
Extremely long hours
Stunning waterfront locations
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 August 2017
Good place to work with good benefits however bureaucracy can be at times frustrating. Resistance to change can be challenging as many employees have been in the job long term.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time away from family
Director (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW14 June 2017
Highly professional public sector workplace with a focus on providing outstanding advice and support to the government of the day. Internal focus on continuous improvement and talent development, including leadership. Provides opportunities to learn about all aspects of state government activities and services.
Government department
Technical Writer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW24 May 2017
I worked on a 3 month contract to develop online Help for the department's intranet. The intranet was used as a knowledge base for the call-centre staff dealing with the public.

I mostly worked at home because security and system access was not granted and set up until the contract was nearly finished.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The atmosphere at work was relaxed.
Pros
Freedom to develop the content as we saw fit.
Cons
No system or security access for most of the contract period.
Very welcoming and fast paced
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridge St, Sydney NSW5 April 2017
The department was very large and extremely busy. I learned a lot from the legal team and was also given the opportunity to conduct Paralegal tasks whilst i was there. I left because i was due to have my first child 3 weeks later.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
Very large and noisy environment
Frustrating
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellingen NSW7 March 2017
Not able to comment
Poor management structures
Difficult but rewarding
Too many unnecessary reporting requirements and lack of continuity as a casual teacher
Great place to work - management flexible with work/life balance
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW14 November 2016
A place where I learnt new skills eg writing Ministerials, handling customer complaints, and liasion with NSW Local Council staff. I also expanded on my financial skills by assessing Capex proposals. Public - Private Partnerships and assessing councils against financial criterion.
I also had the opportunity to present financial analysis to management meetings.
Pros
Flexible working hours, great co workers
Cons
Difficulty in making amendments to processes, legislation
Team environment
Rebate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 November 2016
Fast paced industry with high volumes of applications, dealing with customer applications via email, post and telephone.
Excellent
Child Protection Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney South NSW31 October 2016
Training opportunities, multicultural work environment, cultural training, cultural respect , resources available to staff to grow
Time as a policeman was by far the most enjoyable of my life
NSW Wales Police Department (Former Employee) –  Sydney/Newcastle30 August 2016
Dealing with people from a wide range of social status in a vast range of situations. Some violence which fortunately i survived basically unscathed and times of great sadness when dealing with death issues.
Pros
job satisfaction/security - mateship
Cons
not always appreciated by the general public
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 June 2016
clinical and only involved in situations where something goes wrong. However they provide on the job training and educations.
Pros
education
Cons
violent clients