NSW Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NSW Government Employee Review

Government department

24 May 2017
I worked on a 3 month contract to develop online Help for the department's intranet. The intranet was used as a knowledge base for the call-centre staff dealing with the public. I mostly worked at home because security and system access was not granted and set up until the contract was nearly finished. The staff were very nice and helpful. The atmosphere at work was relaxed.
Pros
Freedom to develop the content as we saw fit.
Cons
No system or security access for most of the contract period.
10 March 2020
English Teacher (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
When I first graduated it was perfect to ease into teaching however cut 1 year of casual work and it became a little more stressful to find work and earn enough to support my self. I remember before I graduated we were told that we were coming to a “retirement period” where majority of current teachers are above 65 and are going to retire. It’s been almost 7 years since then and I still haven’t seen it happen. Which is why I left the country in search of a permanent teaching job.
10 March 2020
Scrutiny Assistant (Former Employee) - Rosehill NSW
I loved my job and being in charge of a team of about 24 people as being a team leader is what i do best. Would definitely go down this avenue and line of work again.
21 January 2020
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
Demanding on call 24/7 type job Not recommended for everyone. Better if you know the person you are caring for than a stranger. Beware,but they're are social benefits included.