NSW Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NSW Government Employee Review

My job thoughts

25 June 2019
I lived on the job site. the accommodation was good and kept in good condition. Basically, I worked for the Government for 16 years straight in a job that I liked and I was interested in. Generally, the people were good to work with, the working conditions were great. I had a disabled child and the support was just brilliant we were in Sydney every 6 months for a week the week was never a problem as I needed it I could also give 6 months notice when the appointments were. I was on call 24/7 365 days which is not a problem as that is normal for a family farm. the days were generally good at 38hrs with a 9 day fortnight. The job was my type as I enjoy going to work and just not knowing what I would be doing today even though I plan jobs 12 months in advance. It was a typical family farming job. All in all a great job. Good pay and allowances. Great people to work with.
Pros
Live on site
Cons
on call when you are on site
10 March 2020
English Teacher (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
When I first graduated it was perfect to ease into teaching however cut 1 year of casual work and it became a little more stressful to find work and earn enough to support my self. I remember before I graduated we were told that we were coming to a “retirement period” where majority of current teachers are above 65 and are going to retire. It’s been almost 7 years since then and I still haven’t seen it happen. Which is why I left the country in search of a permanent teaching job.
10 March 2020
Scrutiny Assistant (Former Employee) - Rosehill NSW
I loved my job and being in charge of a team of about 24 people as being a team leader is what i do best. Would definitely go down this avenue and line of work again.
21 January 2020
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
Demanding on call 24/7 type job Not recommended for everyone. Better if you know the person you are caring for than a stranger. Beware,but they're are social benefits included.