NSW Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NSW Government Employee Review

No work life balance

31 October 2017
This was my first Govt Sector job, hence the work culture is different than corporate world. I learnt SAP extensively and how the HR PAYROLL System works as this project is the biggest Payroll system in Southern hemisphere. I also learnt how to test the Payroll system in production be performing the Penny test. Learnt the business processes and Testing Processes in Government department. How to handle difficult stake holders.
Pros
Learnt new techonology
Cons
Extremely long hours
10 March 2020
English Teacher (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
When I first graduated it was perfect to ease into teaching however cut 1 year of casual work and it became a little more stressful to find work and earn enough to support my self. I remember before I graduated we were told that we were coming to a “retirement period” where majority of current teachers are above 65 and are going to retire. It’s been almost 7 years since then and I still haven’t seen it happen. Which is why I left the country in search of a permanent teaching job.
21 January 2020
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) - Sydney NSW
Demanding on call 24/7 type job Not recommended for everyone. Better if you know the person you are caring for than a stranger. Beware,but they're are social benefits included.
1 June 2019
Change Manager Facilitator (Current Employee) - Sydney NSW
Fantastic culture and a great collaborative environment. Lots of growth opportunities and great vibe. People are friendly and inclusive & innovative.