NSW Government

NSW Government Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW16 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Casual Teaching

When I first graduated it was perfect to ease into teaching however cut 1 year of casual work and it became a little more stressful to find work and earn enough to support my self. I remember before I graduated we were told that we were coming to a “retirement period” where majority of current teachers are above 65 and are going to retire. It’s been almost 7 years since then and I still haven’t seen it happen. Which is why I left the country in search of a permanent teaching job.

Professional and efficient

Working with teams who where collaborators, intelligent and with respect for each other, from the top down and bottom up. Fun, exciting and all contributing to making a difference. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Pros

Excellent working environment. Flexible working. Social gatherings encouraged.

Cons

I don't work there anymore.

Ok

Demanding on call 24/7 type job Not recommended for everyone. Better if you know the person you are caring for than a stranger. Beware,but they're are social benefits included.

Fantastic inclusive innovative culture

Fantastic culture and a great collaborative environment. Lots of growth opportunities and great vibe. People are friendly and inclusive & innovative.

exciting and hard work

This job involved taking the worst teens that no one can deal with and implement all my interactive and youth intervention skills to bring about change in the lives of theese teens so that they can be intergrated back into society

Pros

Great satisfaction of seeing lives changed

Cons

hard work

If you are lazy, then this is the place to be

Very laid back, everyday you ll spend hours in meetings. Nothing useful gets done fast. Poor management. Horrible culture with most of the employees from the older generation. If you try to get attention, you cant rise without politics cause people will always try to take you down. Everyone is trying to backstab each other.

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, Good office

Cons

Poor management, poor culture, poor colleagues, average salary

fun place, work hard play hard

huge beast of a hotel with a demanding fast pace of life. But rewarding fun role in a hotel with lots of character and working with lots of Charters..

Excellent Leader - His courage and tenacity inspires those around him

He provides an excellent workplace for people to thrive, providing employees with enough rope to build a ladder to further success and enough to hang themselves the choice is theirs. His conviction and steadfast work ethic inspire those around him to aspire to higher things and I am forever grateful for the opportunity and lessons I learned during this time. An excellent employer.

Productive and fun workplace

Is a great real estate to work in, the principal has a lot of time for training and teaching you. Great team culture to work with. This company has a lot of structure.

No work life balance

This was my first Govt Sector job, hence the work culture is different than corporate world. I learnt SAP extensively and how the HR PAYROLL System works as this project is the biggest Payroll system in Southern hemisphere. I also learnt how to test the Payroll system in production be performing the Penny test. Learnt the business processes and Testing Processes in Government department. How to handle difficult stake holders.

Pros

Learnt new techonology

Cons

Extremely long hours

Stunning waterfront locations

Good place to work with good benefits however bureaucracy can be at times frustrating. Resistance to change can be challenging as many employees have been in the job long term.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Time away from family

Very welcoming and fast paced

The department was very large and extremely busy. I learned a lot from the legal team and was also given the opportunity to conduct Paralegal tasks whilst i was there. I left because i was due to have my first child 3 weeks later.

Pros

great team environment

Cons

Very large and noisy environment

Team environment

Fast paced industry with high volumes of applications, dealing with customer applications via email, post and telephone.

clinical and only involved in situations where something goes wrong. However they provide on the job training and educations.

Pros

education

Cons

violent clients

Significant job satisfaction from assisting customers in energy conservation but demanding of time.

I gained significant job satisfaction from assisting clients with energy saving measures in a program targeted toward lower income individuals. Acting as a sub-contractor, there was little interaction with other staff apart from consulting with the call centre for appointment details and variations. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the limitation of time allocated for each appointment and the frustration which came from customers not being at home at the appointed time.

Pros

Job satisfaction and reasonable income

Cons

Significant after hours work required

great place to work and learn

reviewing policies and commenting on what changes need to be identified and how to be an effective facilitator and project officer whilst having time to look after family and enjoying the networking of work, life and recreation. the people who I worked with had good ethics and wanted to learn about my culture to assist them in their work and private lives, they were also fun to work with and socialise with.

Pros

working with communities, making changes

Cons

policies not written in plain language

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NSW Government with

Learn about NSW Government in Sydney NSW

• NSW Government
  • Sydney NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?