NSW Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Government Job Security & Advancement reviews

When I first graduated it was perfect to ease into teaching however cut 1 year of casual work and it became a little more stressful to find work and earn enough to support my self. I remember before I graduated we were told that we were coming to a “retirement period” where majority of current teachers are above 65 and are going to retire. It’s been almost 7 years since then and I still haven’t seen it happen. Which is why I left the country in search of a permanent teaching job.
NSW government is a highly complex environment. There are a lot of layers to navigate. Being part of politics it is fast paced and changes frequently. This comes as a surprise to many people. The culture is very hierarchical although there are steps to reduce this. There's positive work life balance, more than just lip service.
Fantastic culture and a great collaborative environment. Lots of growth opportunities and great vibe. People are friendly and inclusive & innovative.
I enjoyed my time with this company at no time did I feel threatened or alone . Wages were always on time and correct if not the problem was promptly dealt with .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to work. Unfortunately with the NDIS my department was taken over by the private sector. Other wise i would still be working at the employer.
He provides an excellent workplace for people to thrive, providing employees with enough rope to build a ladder to further success and enough to hang themselves the choice is theirs. His conviction and steadfast work ethic inspire those around him to aspire to higher things and I am forever grateful for the opportunity and lessons I learned during this time. An excellent employer.
Is a great real estate to work in, the principal has a lot of time for training and teaching you. Great team culture to work with. This company has a lot of structure.
NSW Treasury Corporation is a small department of about 60 people. it is a good place to work for if you are happy to stay in your position because there is not much rooms for advancement.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
can be long hours and not very flexible
Highly professional public sector workplace with a focus on providing outstanding advice and support to the government of the day. Internal focus on continuous improvement and talent development, including leadership. Provides opportunities to learn about all aspects of state government activities and services.
I worked on a 3 month contract to develop online Help for the department's intranet. The intranet was used as a knowledge base for the call-centre staff dealing with the public. I mostly worked at home because security and system access was not granted and set up until the contract was nearly finished. The staff were very nice and helpful. The atmosphere at work was relaxed.
Pros
Freedom to develop the content as we saw fit.
Cons
No system or security access for most of the contract period.
The department was very large and extremely busy. I learned a lot from the legal team and was also given the opportunity to conduct Paralegal tasks whilst i was there. I left because i was due to have my first child 3 weeks later.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
Very large and noisy environment
Training opportunities, multicultural work environment, cultural training, cultural respect , resources available to staff to grow
I sincerely enjoyed my period of employment with the NSW Government. It was a challenging and rewarding time of my life.
Pros
Opportunity for promotion
Cons
Nil
My current employment offers a challenging and somewhat rewarding environment. Each day is different and therefore offers diversity. The residents change regularly and therefore new challenges develop and need to be addressed on an individual basis. I have learnt many new skills which have helped me grow as a person. I am able to use many skills I have learnt from life experience to assist the residents in planning for their future and advocating to other service providers where necessary. My co-workers and I all work very closely together to ensure that there is consistency between staff and residents. We are a team and have the same goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have made a difference in someone else's life and been able to help them move forward to hopefully a better life.
Pros
Fantastic team environment
Cons
Shift work