NSW Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Government Management reviews

No accountability and no ownership. Difficult to get anyone to make decisions. Senior executives had poor strategic management skills, and micro managed. Many decisions were put off until situations became critical. Poor relationships with other government divisions. Terrible financial management of the public purse. Low capability of staff , with no real succession planning or leadership training. Good staff trying to work under impossible conditions.
Very laid back, everyday you ll spend hours in meetings. Nothing useful gets done fast. Poor management. Horrible culture with most of the employees from the older generation. If you try to get attention, you cant rise without politics cause people will always try to take you down. Everyone is trying to backstab each other.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance, Good office
Cons
Poor management, poor culture, poor colleagues, average salary
The business senior Management is in general proactive to work from home policies. This is also supported by the correct technology in place. Long hours but in general good policy to compensate.
Not able to comment Poor management structures Difficult but rewarding Too many unnecessary reporting requirements and lack of continuity as a casual teacher
A place where I learnt new skills eg writing Ministerials, handling customer complaints, and liasion with NSW Local Council staff. I also expanded on my financial skills by assessing Capex proposals. Public - Private Partnerships and assessing councils against financial criterion. I also had the opportunity to present financial analysis to management meetings.
Pros
Flexible working hours, great co workers
Cons
Difficulty in making amendments to processes, legislation
Each day can be different as we provide many services to the community so lots of varied clients attend the service for care. There is an Aged care residential ward where we provide daily care for the elderly and palliative care. it is a nice environment with a homely feel and all staff provide a high standard of care to all clients. Our management have an excellent approachable/ open door policy which maintains a good supportive atmosphere. The staff have a good rapport with each other and genuinely care about our clients and each other.
Pros
staff BBQ's, morning teas, self-rostering
Cons
busy shifts at times due to working in all areas of hospital