NSW Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Government Work–Life Balance reviews

Demanding on call 24/7 type job Not recommended for everyone. Better if you know the person you are caring for than a stranger. Beware,but they're are social benefits included.
NSW government is a highly complex environment. There are a lot of layers to navigate. Being part of politics it is fast paced and changes frequently. This comes as a surprise to many people. The culture is very hierarchical although there are steps to reduce this. There's positive work life balance, more than just lip service.
Fantastic culture and a great collaborative environment. Lots of growth opportunities and great vibe. People are friendly and inclusive & innovative.
I enjoyed my time with this company at no time did I feel threatened or alone . Wages were always on time and correct if not the problem was promptly dealt with .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very laid back, everyday you ll spend hours in meetings. Nothing useful gets done fast. Poor management. Horrible culture with most of the employees from the older generation. If you try to get attention, you cant rise without politics cause people will always try to take you down. Everyone is trying to backstab each other.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance, Good office
Cons
Poor management, poor culture, poor colleagues, average salary
The business senior Management is in general proactive to work from home policies. This is also supported by the correct technology in place. Long hours but in general good policy to compensate.
He provides an excellent workplace for people to thrive, providing employees with enough rope to build a ladder to further success and enough to hang themselves the choice is theirs. His conviction and steadfast work ethic inspire those around him to aspire to higher things and I am forever grateful for the opportunity and lessons I learned during this time. An excellent employer.
Is a great real estate to work in, the principal has a lot of time for training and teaching you. Great team culture to work with. This company has a lot of structure.
NSW Treasury Corporation is a small department of about 60 people. it is a good place to work for if you are happy to stay in your position because there is not much rooms for advancement.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
can be long hours and not very flexible
This was my first Govt Sector job, hence the work culture is different than corporate world. I learnt SAP extensively and how the HR PAYROLL System works as this project is the biggest Payroll system in Southern hemisphere. I also learnt how to test the Payroll system in production be performing the Penny test. Learnt the business processes and Testing Processes in Government department. How to handle difficult stake holders.
Pros
Learnt new techonology
Cons
Extremely long hours
Highly professional public sector workplace with a focus on providing outstanding advice and support to the government of the day. Internal focus on continuous improvement and talent development, including leadership. Provides opportunities to learn about all aspects of state government activities and services.
Training opportunities, multicultural work environment, cultural training, cultural respect , resources available to staff to grow
Working with great team mates and amazing residences. Talented staff with a wealth of knowledge willing to share as much as they could
Pros
Good long hours
Cons
Short staffed
every day is different extra skills assistance give when required second family long hot days enjoyable part is knowing you gave 100% in to helping customers
Pros
N/a
Cons
Hot days
My current employment offers a challenging and somewhat rewarding environment. Each day is different and therefore offers diversity. The residents change regularly and therefore new challenges develop and need to be addressed on an individual basis. I have learnt many new skills which have helped me grow as a person. I am able to use many skills I have learnt from life experience to assist the residents in planning for their future and advocating to other service providers where necessary. My co-workers and I all work very closely together to ensure that there is consistency between staff and residents. We are a team and have the same goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have made a difference in someone else's life and been able to help them move forward to hopefully a better life.
Pros
Fantastic team environment
Cons
Shift work
Teaching is a very difficult and stressful job. But after 33 years I was expert in my field. This is not to say I could learn no more. Everyday depending on the school I taught, and I have taught at 9, offered challenges. However though it was hard , though kids were at times difficult and the DET/ DEC was not always helpful I loved the job and made lasting relationships with staff and many senior students. I really did feel I made a difference.
Pros
fun, happy people, great relationships
Cons
working all day, and night and school holidays