NSW Government
View all NSW Government reviews

NSW Government

NSW Government Employee Review

Unnecessary Mirco management.

Having worked for a NSW Government agency before, prepare to deal with lots of micro management and report based assessments. They love their reports! Top heavy middle management too.

Pros

Flex time

Cons

See review

Same location

Government department

I worked on a 3 month contract to develop online Help for the department's intranet. The intranet was used as a knowledge base for the call-centre staff dealing with the public. I mostly worked at home because security and system access was not granted and set up until the contract was nearly finished. The staff were very nice and helpful. The atmosphere at work was relaxed.

Pros

Freedom to develop the content as we saw fit.

Cons

No system or security access for most of the contract period.

Not so good

Backstabbing , boys club, bias and bullcrap. The list goes on .. if you are a management butt licker you will fit in well at the railway.. if you have an opinion you won't fit in ... set ups are rampant, being thrown under the bus is a common feature also

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No life, lying corrupt managers, glorified cleaners, lazy colleagues

Very poor

Work environment in government service not conducive to the exercise of initiative and innovation. Rewards are provided to those who toe the metaphorical line and any one who refuses to accept that proposition is generally not well regarded by those who have the power to make decisions and policy. In short show signs of a desire to change the system and be creative and you will inevitably be left behind or relegated to the also rans when promotions are in the offing! Bitter yes, successful in my chosen career YES!!!

Pros

None I can think off

Cons

Expectation that you will work for nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NSW Government with

• NSW Government
  • Unnecessary Mirco management.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?