NSW Health logo
NSW Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Health Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Ethical hard work

Good work place culture. Strict protocols and Intensively constant and rewarding work. There is little scope for flexible hours for personal appts or lunches. Long days with constant workloads.

Pros

Supervision access

Cons

Nil flexibility

Professional workplace with great structure and culture

Well structured, professional workplace with clear boundaries and expectations. Fast paced, multicultural environment with exceptional processes in place.

Pros

Training, development

Cons

Wages

Productive and engaging place

NSW Health is a progressive Govt dept with lots of support and learning experience. There are lots of opportunities to grow your career and good management.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Beaurocratic

Great work/life balance

I worked for several different departments and locations in SLHD. I found that the overall work was great and I enjoyed the work. I felt like a lot of my colleague has fatigue and burn out, but kept going due to the job security. Management was all over the place, and they kept cutting funding which meant we had less and less support and high turn over on middle management. However, the work/life balance was the best and I would recommend them and I would work there again.

Great culture

I find the culture of working here is awesome. Being able to share ideas and having them listened to is a refreshing experience. The online education available is varied and relates to so many different areas in life.

Pros

Flexibility & catered A/H shifts

Cons

No access to internal job offers

Bullies

Bullies Women and Men. No interest from managers in career growth or appraisals. From top to management incompetents and favoritism. And multiple incidents of bullying and harrassment.

I’m appalled at this environment

Everyone’s overworked and exhausted. The workplace culture by mostly men and some women is get assaulted by your fellow workmate and YOU suffer the consequences for the rest of your time working there, even if you tell the police. You’ll be bullied and harassed and stalked. There will also be rumours spread about you that aren’t true. They will because no one will make them feel accountable. Don’t expect help from the management or any of your bosses, they will put a gag order on you

Pros

Just don’t work there

Cons

Lucky to still be alive

Bullying and harassment hive

The most horrible experience of my life. No support or moral ethics Bullying and harassment culture workplace wide is encouraged. The lack of respect for individuals is organisation wide. Left the professional as a whole after working here.

Pros

Cons

Hours, expectations, work you to the bone

Educational with on the job learning

I learnt Something new everyday working in the orthopaedic ward with a fantastic team of nurses . I learnt to cannulate plus venepuncture Advanced wound care Insertion of indwelling catheterisation ( female only) plus management ECG monitoring pre and post theatre Removal of drains ,staples /sutures Pain management The hardest part of any nursing day is the declining health of patients The most enjoyable part is the companionship and working together as a team

Pros

Not everyday is the same

Cons

Not able to have your allotted breaks always

I think it is really good to work here with the added benefit of a beautiful working culture and an even better working environment. I enjoy working at this place.

Jobs at NSW Health

See more jobs

Happy to be in nsw health

I am a Happy emplyoee to work with new health in SESLHD from last 6 years where most of the team are like family .I am and will be working in this organization till I can work.

Great

Working in casual pool is great. I can pick and choose the shifts that suit me. I recommend it to those that are looking for some flexibility.........

Productive and fun place to work

It is a good place to learn so many things and experience different cultures from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is always to see from the patient point of view and explaining them in a polite manner.

All above is correct

My experience at working with NSW has been a very stressful experience. So many strong personalities to deal with and never seeing an end to co-workers working as a team.

Pros

great working hours

Cons

Lack of support from hierarchy. So many policies & Procedures to follow.

Genuine caring staff.

I enjoyed working in the Health system. The people were just nice down to earth, dedicated to patients care. I worked at the Newcastle, I worked for three of the Hospitals in Newy. Nice clean work place. Good staff support programs. The bosses , as far as I experienced , were very approachable , and came across ss being very professional. I really enjoyed my time there

Not enjoyable

I feel its a place where promotion goes to not what you know but who you know. You don't feel respected in your role.Work is not shared evenly between all parties including travel and staying overnight.

Good

Goo working Environment. Lots of ongoing training. Further opportunities available for the right person. I was there as a student nurse, so I might not know much.

Productive and fun place to work

I would recommend working for NSW Health to others. I have enjoyed my time working there although with all workplace it can be challenging in a public service, however over-all I would recommend working there for anyone who's up to the challenge!

job security

Job security . unable to provide an accurate review or full description as I am currently employed there and would not like to comment at this time. However, job security is one plus for working with nsw health as is any government role in general, particularly if full time.

very informative and collaborative Team work.

Worked with professional RNs and learned heaps from them. Teamwork and understanding is a vital factor. In a tough time all the nurses were working together and caring for the patients.

Pros

Knowledge sharing, supportive, informative and mutual understanding.

Cons

Long hours, sometime no break.

wonderfulcompany

solo work but yet within a team environment, great support system when needed. constant up to date online courses. great counselling services. openness to engage

Pros

job security

Cons

there wasnt one
  • NSW Health