NSW Health Employee Reviews

Overall a rewarding experience
Clinical Trial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW11 February 2019
Productive and forward moving organisation where flexible work life balances are available to employees. Good communication between management and staff is provided.
Pros
Salary packaging
Cons
Fast paced
Good
Operations Consultant - MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Gosford NSW2 February 2019
Good place to work. The people were friendly and supportive. It has a good work life balance. I would highly recommend this place to work. The application process could take a few hours.
A great organisation to work for
Principal Advisor Nurse Practitioners (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW13 January 2019
A very diverse and rewarding role
Good workplace culture - not worked there for 10 years so this review is irrelevant and time wasting - difficult to get 33 words

Not prepared to write anymore and should not be forced to

really getting sick of this

I cannot give any pother comments
Pros
as above
Cons
as abo ve
Support workplace with dynamic staff
Casual Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goulburn NSW11 December 2018
I found this a great place to return to work when we moved back to Goulburn.
My first role after maternity leave was to be employed at St John of God Hospital which is now Bourke Street Health Service an annex to NSW Health Southern Area Health.
The Health Service is experiencing considerable change and to return and be employed whilst commencing the changes assisting with filling roles that were in the process of change.
I am a change agent and assisted with a positive attitude.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Patient illness, very sad
Stable work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camperdown NSW13 November 2018
Workplace culture has become unhealthy with management style. Workers though are a friendly bunch. Overall, a stable work and pay, as long as you do the work required.
a pleasant place to work
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW24 October 2018
Hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to patients - most enjoyable is knowing we have helped them to the best of our ability
Typical day at work consists of greeting patients, regular observations, assistance with showers,meals ect. Attending to wound dressings, medication administration and reassurance of patients.
Management is pleasant and approachable with reports and problems.
Workplace culture is mainly aimed at teamwork which is the backbone of the nursing industry.
Pros
close to my family
Cons
not enough staff
Hard working team, work not stimulating
Learning & Development Educator (Current Employee) –  Cumberand Hospital at Westmead18 October 2018
The position is not what it was advertised to be. The work is boring and not much variety. I like more of a challenge at work and like to be learning as well as facilitating learning for others.

I have a great team to work with.
supportive team with wonderful clients
Clinical Psychologist (Former Employee) –  New South Wales6 September 2018
I would consult with clients for the majority of the day. Most women were experiencing difficulty transitioning to motherhood or some mental illness.
I had an amazing team who supported me throughout my time. We worked in collaboration to support the women we all worked with.
Everyone worked hard in this environment and It was hard to take time out.
I also did education, training and supervision with the nursing staff. Combining my midwifery training and Psychology together was the perfect combination.
Pros
supportive colleagues
Cons
limited time off
it Was excellent
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Goulburn NSW21 August 2018
The day of working as a gardener was a good experience, and there’s some nice people in that work force, they also taught me how to be responsible and reliable, and the managerment was well presented and well done, and the enjoyable part about the job was been in the work force. The hardest part of the job I found was doing some of the jobs but it wasn’t that bad.
Pros
Free lifts
Cons
This work culture has an entrenched bullying culture.
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Illawarra NSW10 August 2018
Bullying work culture is so entrenched here and management are only willing to offer token gesture solutions. i don't recommend a long term career with them.
Good job environment
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW1 August 2018
Data management, developing, reporting, analysing
Verification, Duplication, quality maintaining, complex data managing, data mapping, analytics, good communication, stalk-holders managing, supervising
Pros
Good training facilities
Cons
friendly
Taxpayers money going up in smoke
Hybrid role (Current Employee) –  Liverpool NSW15 July 2018
Pays well; work/life balance is very good. The place is being run by people with very outdated IT skills so your job is going to be heavily affected by that.
much scope for improvement
Clinician, Child and Family Health Nursing (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW9 July 2018
I would describe my former workload as an RN at WSLHD, as heavy, with many patients of high acuity and very little support from management.
The continuum of line management in this organisation seems very outdated, ineffective and no longer appropriate from an evidence based perspective.
Nice workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW29 April 2018
Secure job, good management
Good workplace culture, always providing training
A typical day, open up clinic or work at any hospital, request forms are provided and you collect blood samples either a doctor or specialist has ordered. Provide service to patients
Pros
Government
alright
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 April 2018
Barely given shifts however when shifts are given the hours are good and the pay is great. Unreliable job however because you never know when they will give you shifts to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
higher staff/management
Challenging workplace with heaps of CHanges and new equipments
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randwick NSW14 April 2018
I always start my day with positive attitude. Its a fun team work. there is a great opportunity to improve your customer service skills since we meet client and interact with them everyday at work. Also i learnt a lot about interpersonal skills. at my workplace bullying is not accepted at all and it is taken very seriously by the management. It has a great team work. there is lot of different backgrounds of people and we learn a lot from them and at the same time we respect each others culture and values. the hardest part of my job is when more than 5 people call in sick all at once in the last minute. the workload increases but the time limit remains the same. we are changed to do all the jobs with the same time frame. Still we manage to do it. But I guess if there are some casuals to help would be great. the most enjoyable part of the job is when a client compliments you for your service. i feel satisfied and happy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many short staff
Interesting and innovative
Policy Officer (Current Employee) –  North Sydney NSW5 April 2018
Interesting and innovative place to work with opportunities to work on a wide variety of different program areas. Training and skill development is encouraged as is team work.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Technology is a bit out of date
Casual Administration Officer
Casual Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW27 March 2018
Casual work at Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital, Nowra consisted of two regular days providing administrative support for Surgical Review Clinic. My colleagues were nice and friendly. I enjoyed dealing with clients. The hardest part was not knowing what time I would finish work as it depended on the number of patients attending the clinic.
Pros
Regular days
Cons
Short hours
not a great culture
Legal and Policy Oficer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 March 2018
not the best experience of working in NSW government did not seem to be a good mix of people and not progressive in the way work was done in the department.
Pros
Cons
some
Positive culture, motivated to achieve KPIs, Multicultural
Workplace Behaviour Advisor (Former Employee) –  NSW13 March 2018
I enjoy going to work for it provides me with new challenges and the opportunity to implement my skills, to assist others to do the same.
I also find the work stimulating as there are no days which are e same. I feel energised when meeting and exceeding deadlines and enjoy reaching my goals.

I am personally motivated by utilising my skill set and getting things done calmly and methodically and achieving.
Pros
Car parking, Air condition, window, natural light and fresh air
Cons
walking up 3 flights of stairs