NSW Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Health Employee Reviews

I worked for several different departments and locations in SLHD. I found that the overall work was great and I enjoyed the work. I felt like a lot of my colleague has fatigue and burn out, but kept going due to the job security. Management was all over the place, and they kept cutting funding which meant we had less and less support and high turn over on middle management. However, the work/life balance was the best and I would recommend them and I would work there again.
NSW Health is a progressive Govt dept with lots of support and learning experience. There are lots of opportunities to grow your career and good management.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Beaurocratic
I find the culture of working here is awesome. Being able to share ideas and having them listened to is a refreshing experience. The online education available is varied and relates to so many different areas in life.
Pros
Flexibility & catered A/H shifts
Cons
No access to internal job offers
Bullies Women and Men. No interest from managers in career growth or appraisals. From top to management incompetents and favoritism. And multiple incidents of bullying and harrassment.
Everyone’s overworked and exhausted. The workplace culture by mostly men and some women is get assaulted by your fellow workmate and YOU suffer the consequences for the rest of your time working there, even if you tell the police. You’ll be bullied and harassed and stalked. There will also be rumours spread about you that aren’t true. They will because no one will make them feel accountable. Don’t expect help from the management or any of your bosses, they will put a gag order on you
Pros
Just don’t work there
Cons
Lucky to still be alive
The most horrible experience of my life. No support or moral ethics Bullying and harassment culture workplace wide is encouraged. The lack of respect for individuals is organisation wide. Left the professional as a whole after working here.
Pros
Cons
Hours, expectations, work you to the bone
I learnt Something new everyday working in the orthopaedic ward with a fantastic team of nurses . I learnt to cannulate plus venepuncture Advanced wound care Insertion of indwelling catheterisation ( female only) plus management ECG monitoring pre and post theatre Removal of drains ,staples /sutures Pain management The hardest part of any nursing day is the declining health of patients The most enjoyable part is the companionship and working together as a team
Pros
Not everyday is the same
Cons
Not able to have your allotted breaks always
I think it is really good to work here with the added benefit of a beautiful working culture and an even better working environment. I enjoy working at this place.
I am a Happy emplyoee to work with new health in SESLHD from last 6 years where most of the team are like family .I am and will be working in this organization till I can work.
Working in casual pool is great. I can pick and choose the shifts that suit me. I recommend it to those that are looking for some flexibility.........
It is a good place to learn so many things and experience different cultures from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is always to see from the patient point of view and explaining them in a polite manner.
My experience at working with NSW has been a very stressful experience. So many strong personalities to deal with and never seeing an end to co-workers working as a team.
Pros
great working hours
Cons
Lack of support from hierarchy. So many policies & Procedures to follow.
I enjoyed working in the Health system. The people were just nice down to earth, dedicated to patients care. I worked at the Newcastle, I worked for three of the Hospitals in Newy. Nice clean work place. Good staff support programs. The bosses , as far as I experienced , were very approachable , and came across ss being very professional. I really enjoyed my time there
I feel its a place where promotion goes to not what you know but who you know. You don't feel respected in your role.Work is not shared evenly between all parties including travel and staying overnight.
Goo working Environment. Lots of ongoing training. Further opportunities available for the right person. I was there as a student nurse, so I might not know much.
I would recommend working for NSW Health to others. I have enjoyed my time working there although with all workplace it can be challenging in a public service, however over-all I would recommend working there for anyone who's up to the challenge!
Job security . unable to provide an accurate review or full description as I am currently employed there and would not like to comment at this time. However, job security is one plus for working with nsw health as is any government role in general, particularly if full time.
Worked with professional RNs and learned heaps from them. Teamwork and understanding is a vital factor. In a tough time all the nurses were working together and caring for the patients.
Pros
Knowledge sharing, supportive, informative and mutual understanding.
Cons
Long hours, sometime no break.
solo work but yet within a team environment, great support system when needed. constant up to date online courses. great counselling services. openness to engage
Pros
job security
Cons
there wasnt one
Big culture difference within the 2 locations. Job is rewarding. Great place to serve the community while getting paid for day at work. Variety of roles available.
Friendly environment great Team. Waiting still for new NUM taking ages for HR to organise. Had to chase final pay taking a month to get it from Goulburn Payroll.