NSW Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NSW Health Employee Reviews

Australia117 reviews
Great
Working in casual pool is great. I can pick and choose the shifts that suit me. I recommend it to those that are looking for some flexibility.........
Happy to be in nsw health
I am a Happy emplyoee to work with new health in SESLHD from last 6 years where most of the team are like family .I am and will be working in this organization till I can work.
Productive and fun place to work
It is a good place to learn so many things and experience different cultures from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is always to see from the patient point of view and explaining them in a polite manner.
All above is correct
My experience at working with NSW has been a very stressful experience. So many strong personalities to deal with and never seeing an end to co-workers working as a team.
Pros
great working hours
Cons
Lack of support from hierarchy. So many policies & Procedures to follow.
Genuine caring staff.
I enjoyed working in the Health system. The people were just nice down to earth, dedicated to patients care. I worked at the Newcastle, I worked for three of the Hospitals in Newy. Nice clean work place. Good staff support programs. The bosses , as far as I experienced , were very approachable , and came across ss being very professional. I really enjoyed my time there
Not enjoyable
I feel its a place where promotion goes to not what you know but who you know. You don't feel respected in your role.Work is not shared evenly between all parties including travel and staying overnight.
Good
Goo working Environment. Lots of ongoing training. Further opportunities available for the right person. I was there as a student nurse, so I might not know much.
Productive and fun place to work
I would recommend working for NSW Health to others. I have enjoyed my time working there although with all workplace it can be challenging in a public service, however over-all I would recommend working there for anyone who's up to the challenge!
job security
Job security . unable to provide an accurate review or full description as I am currently employed there and would not like to comment at this time. However, job security is one plus for working with nsw health as is any government role in general, particularly if full time.
very informative and collaborative Team work.
Worked with professional RNs and learned heaps from them. Teamwork and understanding is a vital factor. In a tough time all the nurses were working together and caring for the patients.
Pros
Knowledge sharing, supportive, informative and mutual understanding.
Cons
Long hours, sometime no break.
wonderfulcompany
solo work but yet within a team environment, great support system when needed. constant up to date online courses. great counselling services. openness to engage
Pros
job security
Cons
there wasnt one
Accountability is good, supportive and collaborative
Well organised PMO and supportive staff, alot of talented people here and a good place to work and get career experience. Management took over and killed the PMO in a terrible way.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Have worked for NSW Health since 2010. First location for 9 years. Second location still working - 1 year now.
Big culture difference within the 2 locations. Job is rewarding. Great place to serve the community while getting paid for day at work. Variety of roles available.
Good team and Manager was great. Big issues with payroll and having to chase final pay....
Friendly environment great Team. Waiting still for new NUM taking ages for HR to organise. Had to chase final pay taking a month to get it from Goulburn Payroll.
Terrible
Bullying was rife. The work was challenging and interesting. No formal supervision offered. It was a difficult place to work. I left as there were no signs that working life would improve. Performance appraisal was a joke.
Pros
In-service training
Cons
Bullying culture
Busy
Each day is different. It depends where you work, very busy in the hospital I am at but NSW Health covers the whole state and many different health areas.
Further education
Nsw health provides a large range of services to further develop your skills and knowledge management give you lots of support and advice I would like to return to nsw health service for employment
Pros
Good education
Cons
Shift work
A very rewarding place to work
The team I worked with at NSW Health were extremely dedicated to the mission of keeping the people of NSW healthy and out of hospital. It was very rewarding to know that my work helped people to live longer and happier lives.
Great place to work at
A typical day consisted of front-desk work with patients submitting their RFA's, transferring the information of the RFA onto their file on the computer and sending out receipt letters.
Great company
Nsw health is a great place to work always new things to learn and do depends on the location and staff all hospital different I wouldn’t recommended working in Dubbo base hospital
Good work culture
@ Byron Hospital
good work culture, good people to work with.

Lots of exposure to different situations to help my professional growth.

Good opportunities for professional supervision and growth