NSW Health Employee Reviews for Endorsed Enrolled Nurse

Endorsed Enrolled Nurse6 reviews
Australia6 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Community nursing great environment

Great work environment for community nurses. Wonderful staff, great team ethic, a role of coordinator would work well here. Great education support for learning new skills.

Pros

Relaxed compared to hospital system

Cons

Can be unorganised at times.

NSW health needs a change of safer workplace, pays, working conditions.

On a typical day we all learn something if we realise it or not , management ex : nursing pool excellent & extremely patient , doctors patient management desperately needs over haul to provide wafer pathways for nursing staff with aggressive patients , better management of medications to handle escalating patients

Pros

Good nurses & some doctors

Cons

Salary & safer working

Toxic workplace culture

I was in the casual pool as I cant commit to a rotating roster. Each ward and hospital you are made to feel like an outsider, the permanent nurses would laugh and task you with the hardest patients simply because they didnt want to deal with them. zero help to learn or have support with new skills or questions, lousy pay, be prepared to work your butt off for zero recognition. Ward staff very clicky! its like highschool! Very nasty and critical of patients.

Pros

Some amazing patients

Cons

Everything else

Educational with on the job learning

I learnt Something new everyday working in the orthopaedic ward with a fantastic team of nurses . I learnt to cannulate plus venepuncture Advanced wound care Insertion of indwelling catheterisation ( female only) plus management ECG monitoring pre and post theatre Removal of drains ,staples /sutures Pain management The hardest part of any nursing day is the declining health of patients The most enjoyable part is the companionship and working together as a team

Pros

Not everyday is the same

Cons

Not able to have your allotted breaks always

Working with a brilliant team with so much support.

I have been very happy working with NSW health at Manly they have been so supportive with my ongoing learning and career.

Pros

continuous education and support

NSW Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Wonderful little place to work with the best views out the wndows in NSW

My typical day at work is a very pleasant day working amongst a group of team members that are a nice friendly bunch, I have made some very nice friends at work. Everyday is a learning curve, gaining knowledge from experienced people who are only to happy to pass on information. Management at my work are always busy, but never to busy to stop and speak for a short while before moving on with their own work day. My co-workers are a great bunch of people, very knowlegable in their chosen field and great to work with. The hardest part of my job is when a patient moves on. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a patient heal and be discharged to go home.

Pros

paid meal breaks

Cons

each roster is different, cant plan ahead

Endorsed Enrolled Nurse at NSW Health

Estimated salary
$31.80 per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSW Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare NSW Health with