Nurses Now
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Nurses Now Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
Personal care duties, house cleaning duties, serving meals, face-to-face interaction with clients, meet new people. worked with dementia specific clients.
Pros
Meet new people
Fantastic company to work for love being apart of the team. Facility's we are sent to are very good wide range of facility's to work at. The office staff are amazing they work very hard.
Management do not stick up for you , need to know what they are doing and do it properly , they don’t know there staff to well .You bust yourself doing double and back to back shifts for this company and they offer no support when you need them even if you have been a supportive worker for months .I found them to be very unprofessional at the end of the day
Pros
Work as a RN when u want
Cons
Unprofessional and don’t care what they say about staff .
My Job As A AIN includes personal care , and Nursing home Duties , i love being able to put my skills to use and working in different places is a challenge but i love a challenge, i love looking after people in need

I love my Job at Nurses Now they are a very understanding company to work for and will accommodate and overcome any issues that may pop up from time to time
Pros
always work Available
Cons
None To name
They are a well organised company, but naturally you are employed as a casual & you donot receive any holiday pay, or sick day pay.
The ability to be able to select what days you would like to work & what hours is great.
Pros
I decide when I am going to work.
Cons
Travelling to different places to work.
A great company to work for, Management and the team always make you feel that you matter.
Very approachable and happy to work with you to meet your needs so you can enjoy what you do.

They always go above and beyond to support their staff.

Hours to suit. Great pay rates.
The work provided by the agency was good, but the agency staff/management were pushy, unprofessional and demonstrated bullying tendencies, particularly if you didn't accept a shift or missed a phone call from the organisation.
Pros
Lots of work available if you want it
Cons
Unprofessional in their approach with casual staff
happy place to work
good management to get along with

good staff to work with

great pay rates

good facilities to work at with friendly staff and management at each facility
Nurses Now is a Nursing Agency which sends its employees to Aged Care facilities and Private Hospitals to fill in for regular staff when they are in need to fill temporary shifts.
Going to a new facility almost daily was a challenge, although with those challenges, new skills were learned, or skills that were learned from other facilities gave me the opportunity to pass these skills on to the staff I was working with.

I enjoy working with people, and meeting new staff, and new residents and patients made the day go very quickly. Returning to these facilities was great, friendships with both staff and residents were made.

The management for Nurses Now were very supportive, and education on-line was on-going.
Pros
Learning new skills, meeting new people
Cons
Unreliability of shifts, and no sick or holiday leave
I''m a very hard worker, honest and smart. I was trained as a A.I.N at the College, so I go by the book. But when you don''t see around you when you''re working it's very hard to work with people where they don''t care for the client with respect and dignity... that gets to me. It's a great job and I do care for people that live there 24hrs a day.That''s the hardest part of the work. Not everywhere is the same. I being to great places and I enjoyed working with them. You go home thinking that you had a great day today.
Pros
I get a great experience working with the clients and staff
Cons
When they don't comply with the policy that they outline