NuVasive, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stressful to the Max
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 May 2019
While I enjoyed the work that I was performing, the target goals were constantly being changed by the upper management and so my team would start work on a project only to be told it was no longer needed or we would be pulled off a project only to be told that it was actually an important goal.
Management priorities need to be reevaluated
Machinist (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OH19 May 2019
I loved my job, was dealing with personal health, begged for a leave while I needed to go out of state management did nothing to help me, my job was not secured they were only worried about me leaving and the negative vacation time being paid back and put me on the do not rehire list, I reached out to them willing to pay the negative vacation time and I have been ignored. I asked for a leave, I asked for FMLA paperwork, and no one was willingly to help me so I lost my job, had to go out of state for personal health reasons and over $350ish dollars that I told them I was willing to pay for negative vacation I was not able to get my job back that I love when returning to the state
Pros
Decent pay, Nice facility, New machines
Cons
Management !!
Excellent place to work
Neurophysiology, respiratory therapy (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD10 May 2019
NuVasive is very good at training their IOM personal. They have wonderful patient care standards and have a vast amount of knowledgeable staff. There are lots of opportunities for advancement. Scheduling is fair and management is easy t work with. They have high expectations of their staff so you must have a can do attitude.
Company had no direction
Surgical Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN3 May 2019
Memphis organization is ran entirely different from San Diego. Management doesn't listen. Non qualified individuals hold positions they should not. Process and procedures are ridiculous. It's no room for advancement, only one level. How can you pay one person $12hr and in the same department hire a friend and they get paid $25hr. The money is there. Good company but the way Memphis is ran sucks.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Management doesn't care about employees
Career Opportunities
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH3 February 2019
NuVasive Manufacturing is a start-up manufacturing facility that has come a long way in both product fulfillment and management performance. The culture is too lenient at times but their policies are continuously being restructured and have only the shareowner and the patient in mind.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX28 January 2019
Loved fast paced environment and the collaboration with great teams. Great experience overall and I would do it again with the right customers base and guarantees.
Not for the faint of heart
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA16 January 2019
Fast paced environment with an extremely meeting-heavy culture. Most people put in time after core hours just to stay on top of things. Work-life balance is poor and many experience burnout after only being there a short time.

The upside? Extremely bright people.
Pros
Gym and cafe on-site
Cons
Lackluster benefits, too many meetings
Great aesthetics
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD9 January 2019
Ever changing management, doesnt leave since of security. Not alot a room for advancement. Culture not facilitated regularly. Engagement is highlighted
Awesome Workplace
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 January 2019
Very fun atmosphere to work in. Always clean and fresh. Employees get along very well and it helps create a nurturing environment where class participants can feel safe to exercise.
Pros
Great people
NuVasive Internship
Associate Sales Rep and Courier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ3 December 2018
I was an intern at NuVasive spine. I was given the opportunity to learn about the products, get my hands on sets and learn from experienced reps. It was an unpaid internship.
Pros
Experience, training
Cons
No pay or benefits
too busy no help
Neurophysiologist (Current Employee) –  Florida19 November 2018
Overall Nuvasive IONM division was pretty good. The work load really depends on where you are located. I was I an area that was extremely busy and we were all over worked, with most days working over 10 hrs with the lay over times between cases. They seemed to not really care that we were over worked because they would not hire any help. this area was a revolving door of employees.
Pros
case count bonus ( not worth it)
Cons
extreme unbalanced work home life
Company coffee was great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI8 November 2018
Environment was great, people were awesome to work with, easy going. Upper management was very laid back. Jeans day everyday was a plus!! I loved the fact that I was able to work independently and my bosses had faith in me that my job was being fulfilled.
Peers are great. IT Management is terrible
ITSM (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA25 October 2018
The Management of their PMO is absolutely terrible. They are lead by people who do not know how to run PMO while also being terrible managers. the culture there is fairly toxic as well across the board with people yelling and backstabbing. some teams are shielded from this (AppDev andtesting in particular) so there are positive pockets of places to work. but those are the places that have great Managers
Pros
nice campus
Cons
cut throat, low pay, poor management
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI2 October 2018
Our company was bought out by NuVasive and there management team came in and assured us we would not loose our jobs then a month later came in and told us they were eliminating our office and we were all out of jobs.
Ncs
Neurophysiologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN27 September 2018
I love being a neurophysiologist, Its an amazing career and we impact peoples lives daily. The ability to help save a patient from paralysis during surgery is rewarding.
Poor Management
Lead Distribution Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN3 September 2018
Leadership is poor due to lack of employee developement and complete lack of undewrstanding of employees. Low morale and poor engagement. Better support from leadership would yield better results
Pros
Ummmm
Cons
Great Healthcare!!!
great workplace complete with gym and recreation area
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN2 September 2018
Nuvasive is an excellent company to work however the local management in the Memphis distribution center operate with a grade school mentality. Promotions are based on personal relationships rather than workplace experience and contributions. The rules and regulations are on a person by person basis rather than across the board. The experience and professional contacts that can be made at Nuvasive can take your career in the medical device field can take you far in this industry.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Last minute notifications of work schedules and poor management in the organization
Columbia office not a great place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD29 August 2018
Management sucks very bad. They’re unfriendly unprofessional lack of communication no correct training no type of support in helping with the work a revolving door . I would never recommend Nuvasive to anyone. Stay away all the othe states might be great but the (Maryland) office be aware.
Slow and bouring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  West Carrollton City, OH27 August 2018
A lot of the time there's no work so they try and find you something to do. Some of management is great and some are not so great. Employees are stabbing each other in the back to try to be the bosses buddy. It's a ok place to start but take what you learn and move on to some place better.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Excellent Culture, lots of team bonding.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 August 2018
A typical day was ALWAYS busy and nothing ever ceased to surprise me with constant meeting changes and new prioritized duties. I learned a lot, especially time management more than ever with the pace. Excellent culture with amazing Leaders who really CARE. Hardest part of the job was being able to say no, with so many new tasks/requests on a daily basis. But it keeps you on your feet and makes the day go by quickly!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NuVasive, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.