O'Brien Group Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at O'Brien Group Australia: 50 O'Brien Group Australia Reviews

Australia50 reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

O'Brien Group covers events from the Gabba to the Gold coast.

I have been working for O'Brien Group for 11 years now and I love my cashier job. I started working at the Gabba then working at Suncorp stadium where alot of families enjoy every game played.

Great place to work.

I have been with the o'brien group for the past 15 years and in that time i have found it a great workplace. Management look after you and treat you as part of a team.

Pros

Great Place to work

Would not recommend working here.

Fairly despotic blame shifting work environment. Management make assumptions all the time. Under resourced, highly stressed staff. Poor working conditions.

What is expected by OBGA and why it's a good place to work.

For stadium events, everyone has a small job that collectively takes care of everyone attending. I learned greatly about responsibility, efficiency, leadership, and ownership of mistakes and outcomes of events. Difficulty ranges from laid back work for small games to stress-inducing nights for big events. Many factors play into how difficult those nights are, but they're easily adaptable and can be learnt after the first experience. Great management and colleagues make OBGA a fitting place to work due to its impeccable sense of teamwork.

Pros

Great environment and understanding management

Cons

Unreliable source of income due to the fluctuating working seasons

An okay place to work for extra pocket money

Customer facing roles so you have to be friendly and ready to help. Shifts are very busy and keep you on your feet, there is constantly something to be doing.

Excellent work place

Good work ethics and practices, Company is well established and look after their staff well. Pay the market rate or above the market rate to their employees

Easy, well paying

Working for O'Brien is very easy and it is a well paying job, just not enough hours to be an only income. They offer travel cards for free public transport on the days that you are working.

It’s a fabulous company to work for

Management and staff were very nice and helpful, I loved working in the corporate suites and found to patrons very friendly. I found the induction very helpful too

Fun fast paced

Great team at the Adelaide Showgrounds, would highly recommend working there to anyone. Can be long hours but that is hospitality all over. Flexible hours were bonus for me.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Sometimes long hours required

its ok

It is a good second job, not a main job. This job is for those who want sporadic work I'm talking once a week to a three-month gap work is very irregular.

Face Paced, fun but still professional

My favourite part about this company is the friendships you make with customers and staff, its always a friendly environment, we have fun but keep professional, the food is great and i have fun cooking it. Boss is cool too

Great for Causal Position

Competitive hourly rate Salary for Causal Position Reasonable shift arrangement Proficient management Uniform & name brand Fast space working environment

Great place to work. People work hard and play as a team.

I will always cherish my time at O'Brien Group. I am very grateful for everything I have learned over the years and I will definitely miss my colleagues .

Good Company

People are great to work with. If your permanent it’s cruisey, if your casual a little more dicey. Management is good depending who your dealing with.

Fun casual work

A Fun and friendly workplace, all supervisors have been very nice. Jobs are often short however occasionally there are very busy rush periods such as between breaks and big games like State of Origin, but not too strenuous. The atmosphere is vibrant and exciting. Only criticism is that shifts are often very short and if you live a little bit away it may take more time commuting to work then on the job, it's very handy that O'Brien offers travel concessions for a nominal fee for public transport.

it is a good workplace

my review is that this kind of work is for younger people wanting work but as an older person now it is not as good. it is a good place to work but it is more for younger single people.

Pros

free transport to and from work whenever there are games on

Cons

you could get some work you turn up and then only find out you are no longer needed

Great ppl to work for

Always something new here. Bar attendant, barista, customer service, time management and always have a challenge. Different cultures working in and around the show grounds. Great people persons willingly to show initiative to their company and help with customers service and food safety.

Pros

Excellent lunch breaks

Cons

Parking fees on grounds.

Cashier

High paced environment to work in however you get to meet a variety of people within your role. Shifts are regular and the venues are easy to get to and from

Fun job

The job is pretty easy, sometimes you work in an outlet where you can watch the game/concert. Unfortunately if you are hard worker, there will ALWAYS be at least one person working with you that shouldn't be there, doing nothing.

Pros

Free transportation

Cons

Shifts are usually too short

Flexible Work place

Flexible work for Students who look to work on the weekends. The pay is great. You get to meet people from different back grounds. The hours are flexible

Pros

Good Work place

Cons

3 hour shifts.

Very good pay for a hospitality role.

Very good pay for a young person needing a casual job throughout their University studies. Work expected is often minimal, straightforward and easy. Have an RSA, RSF or anything of that sort - and apply now, if this you! You most likely won't regret it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at O'Brien Group Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

• O'Brien Group Australia
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?